• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Trio-Species Challenge (Revived)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I took the SS. Aqua to Vermillion City and beat Lt. Surge. I then went to Saffron City and beat Sabrina. I then went to Celedon City and beat Erika. I then went and helped the Power Plant. I went to Cerulean City and beat Misty. I went to Fuchsia City and beat Janine. I then went to Lavender Town and got the Kanto Music Card. I then got rid of Snorlax and went to Pewter City where I beat Brock. I then went to Cinnabar Island and then to the Seafoam Islands where I beat Blaine. I then went to Viridian City where I beat Blue. I went to Pallet Town and gained access to Mt. Silver. I went to Mt. Silver and battled Red.
Pikachu: Beedrill.
Snorlax: Beedrill and Vaporeon.
Venasaur: Beedrill.
Espeon: Vaporeon and Tangela.
Charizard: Vaporeon.
Blastoise: Tangela.
I've now finished the 2nd part of my Ultimate Trio-Species Challenge I will soon start my third part on Ruby.
Spr_2c_015.gif

Spear (Beedrill) Lv62.
Moves: Sludge Bomb, Twineedle, Pursuit, Pin Missile.
Spr_2c_134.gif

Showers (Vaporeon) Lv62.
Moves: Shadow Ball, Hydro Pump, Surf, Blizzard.
Spr_2c_114.gif

Monjara (Tangela) Lv62.
Moves: Slam, Giga Drain, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder.
Some Proof:
Screen shot 2010-12-11 at 7.17.46 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-11 at 7.17.08 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-11 at 7.20.49 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-11 at 7.20.03 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-11 at 7.17.13 PM.png

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
ill do this on the fire red emulator, my three pokemon are gonna be blastoice arcanine and persian.

vaporeon7

Years
I started the 3rd part on Pokemon Ruby. I did the starting stuff. I then hacked in a Vaporeon, Weedle and Tangela as they can't be caught in Hoenn. Weedle then evolved into Kakuna and then Beedrill. I then went to Petalburg City and met Wally. I then went onto Rustburo City and beat Roxanne and helped the Devon Guy. I then went to Dewford Town and delivered the letter and beat Brawly. I went to Slateport and helped the Stern. I then beat May and went to Mauville City where I beat Wally and Watson. I am currently in Mauville City.
Spr_3r_015.png

Spear (Beedrill) Lv26.
Moves: Poison Sting, Twineedle, Rage, Fury Attack.
Spr_3r_134.png

Showers (Vaporeon) Lv26.
Moves: Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Sand-Attack.
Spr_3r_114.png

Monjara (Tangela) Lv26.
Moves: Vine Whip, Ingrain, Sleep Powder, Absorb.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
allright , so far i have my meowth---De Vil--- lv, 25 and my warturtle---blast--- lv 29
still need to get to route 7 to get my growlith,
i have just gotten my hm cut from the captain

oh yeah i also named my character troy, which was the closest name to the word tri, i always name my character based off of the challenge i'm doing

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Long time no updating (forgot to do it).

Name: Haru
Badges: 6
Pokèdex: 9

Now in TR Headquarter in Mahogany Town.

Gengar: Got Gastly in Sprout Tower.
Dragonair: Hacked Dratini in Route 31, at level 5.
Steelix: Got Onix in Violet City with trading, and hacked a Metal Coat.

94.png

Lv. 44
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

148.png

Lv. 44
Aqua Tail
Dragon Rush
Thunder Wave
Flamethrower (yes, had a long time to get 10k coins)

208.png

Lv. 46
Dragonbreath
Crunch
Iron Tail
Headbutt

130.png

Lv. 30
Surf
Strength
Rock Smash
Dragon Rage

151.png

Lv. 10
Pound
Mega Punch
Cut
Fly

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
Update

Wow its been awhile in the game since I sat down to update.

I went to Lake Valor after the library sence with the others. I moved in and swept the rocket grunts with Sharkbait. I entered into the cave and challaged Saturn to a battle. I swept his team with Nessie. After sending Satun down in defeat, I switched Sharkbait back to the front and went to aid Dawn and Rowan. I made it just in time to help Dawn but could not save the lake pokemon. Angered, I jumped between Dawn and Mars and defeated her again. Rowan then sent me to assit my rival at Lake Acuity.

I went into Mt. Cornet from Celestic Town. I hustled to Route 216, where I hunted down and defeated all the trainers. I mowed through Route 217, picking up Rock Climb on the way. I arrived at the Lake front only to find my rival at the top of a cliff. He told me I need the seventh badge, and he went off to the lake to fight Galatic. Taking his advice, I went to Snowpoint City, where I allowed Charmonkey to sweep the gym. Candince was no different, four flamethrowers finished her team. Placing Nessie back up front, I headed to Acuity to aid my rival.

I arrived too late. The pokemon of the lake was gone, and my rival had lost. Jupiter left without fighting me, but told me that they were returning to the Galactic Veilstone bulding.

I flew to Veilstone, where I met with Looker. We entered via the back and swept the warehouse. I found the Galatic key fast, but took my time beating enemy trainers. I arrived in a room fulled with grunts. Cyris appeared and gave a speech to his goons. He told them of a world, only for Team Galatic. Shocked by this news, I rushed to fnd Cyris, beating every goon on the way. Arriving in Cyris's office, Cyris told me the speech was a lie. He challaged me to a battle, which I won with ease. His team lost to the combation of all three of my pokemon. After his defeat, Cyis told me where I could free the lake pokemon, then he gave me the master ball and left. I followed his directions and went into the lab. There I found Saturn guarding the button to free the lake pokemon. I creamed him again, and freed the lake pokemon. Then it was off to the spear pillar.

I began my climb to the spear pillar from Hearthome City. I met with Looker who asked me to stop Team Galactic. I swept the goons to reach the pillar. When I got there, Ifought a pair of goons, and then prepared to fight Mars and jupiter. Then, my rival rushed in and joined me. We sent the commanders packing. My rival healed my team and took off. I went forward to challage Cyris, when it began. The Pokemon of time and space appeared. The lake pokeon appeared but they could not hold off both pokemon. Then a shadow appeared. It grabbed Cyris and dragged him into a portal.

Cyintha appeared and told me that we need to go after them. We jumped into the portal along with the lake pokemon. We saw a world so different the what we were used to. Cyintha named it the Distoration World. We traverised the tricky puzzles and paths to figt Cyris. After he lost, I fought and captured Giratina. We left the Distoration World and left the pillar.

I went back to the valor lake front. I headed west to sunnyshore, beating all trainers on the way. I arrived and run into a red headed trainer. He claimed he was part ofthe elite four, and asked me to battle the gym leader. I went shopping and bought serval seals which I put on my team. I went to the light house to meet the gym leader. He went back to the gym. I went to the gym and swept with Sharkbait. I left and healed, the nswept Voluker with Sharbait.

I ended just north of suunyshore city.

My Team

Charmonkey the serious Inferape
LV 56
Flame Wheel
Mach Punch
Flamethrower
Close Combat

Nessie the Hardy Lapras
LV 56
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Waterfall

Sharkbait the Jolly Garchomp
LV 56
Shadow Claw
Sandstorm
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Slave the Stariva
LV 18
Fly
De Fog
Wing Attack
Endevior

Slave the Birbarel
LV 17
Strenght
Rock Smash
Rock Climb
Cut

Last edited:

vaporeon7

Years
I went north to Fallarbor Town. I then went to Meteor Falls and then to Mt. Chimney where I defeated Team Magma. I then went to Lavaridge Tow where I beat Flannery. I went to Petalburg City where I beat Norman. I then went to the Weather Institute where I defeated Team Magma again the then got the Devon Scope and beat Winnona. I am currently in Fortree City.
Spr_3r_015.png

Spear (Beedrill) Lv38.
Moves: Sludge Bomb, Twineedle, Pursuit, Aerial Ace.
Spr_3r_134.png

Showers (Vaporeon) Lv38.
Moves: Auroua Beam, Bite, Surf, Ice Beam.
Spr_3r_114.png

Monjara (Tangela) Lv38.
Moves: Mega Drain, Ingrain, Sleep Powder, Secret Power.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Spr_3r_134.png

Showers (Vaporeon) Lv38.
Moves: Auroua Beam, Bite, Surf, Ice Beam.

You should give Hail and Blizzard to Showers, instead of Aurora Beam and Ice Beam.
Then, max out Blizzard's PP.
This way, if you use Hail, Blizzard will get 100% accuracy, and you can use it 8 times instead of 5.

Update time!

Name: Haru.
Badges: 8.
Pokèdex: 11.
Time: 12:39.

Just landed in Kanto.
Have to make my way through Routes 26, 27 and Victory Road, then Pokèmon League's time!

94.png

Lv. 54
Hypnosis
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

149.png

Lv. 55
Aqua Tail
Dragon Rush
Dragon Dance
Flamethrower

208.png

Lv. 54
Crunch
Ice Fang
Stone Edge
Iron Tail

130.png

Lv. 30
Surf
Strength
Waterfall
Whirlpool

151.png

Lv. 10
Cut
Fly
Rock Smash

152.png

Lv. 10
Tackle
Flash
Razor Leaf
Poisonpowder

Last edited:

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
Major Update.

Not really. I made it through Victory Road and defeated the trainers on the way. Some of them really wore down my team but we made it through. Fought my rival and swept his team with our combo with miniumam damage. Stocked up, I started the Elite Four challage.

Aron- First elite 4- Swept team with one hit KO flamethrower from Charmonkey

Bertha- Second Elite 4- Swept team with Ice Beam, Surf, an Waterfall from Nessie.

Heres my team:

Charmonkey the Serious Inferape
LV 60
Flare Blitz
Mach Punch
Flamethrower
Close Combat

Nessie the Hardy Lapras
LV 59
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Waterfall

LV 59
Shadow Claw
Sandstorm
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

vaporeon7

Years
You should give Hail and Blizzard to Showers, instead of Aurora Beam and Ice Beam.
Then, max out Blizzard's PP.
This way, if you use Hail, Blizzard will get 100% accuracy, and you can use it 8 times instead of 5.
I would have done this if it were Gen IV but in Gen III it doesn't get 100% accuracy.

I went to Mt. Pyre and battle Team Magma. I then went to Lilycove City and beat my rival for the last time. I then beat everyone in the Magma Hideout. I went to Mosdeep City and beat Tate and Liza. I then went to the Undersea Magma Lair and defeated them for the last time. I then went and removed Groudon and beat Wallace. I went to and through Victory Road and challenged the Pokemon League.
Sidney: Beedrill and Tangela.
Phoebe: Vaporeon and Tangela.
Glacia: Beedrill, Vaporeon and Tangela.
Drake: Vaporeon.
Steven: Vaporeon, Beedrill and Tangela.
I have now finished the 3rd Ruby part of my Ultimate Trio-Species Challenge. I will soon start the 4th part on Platinum.
Proof: Screen shot 2010-12-15 at 8.30.12 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-15 at 8.26.55 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-15 at 8.25.55 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-15 at 8.25.41 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-12-15 at 8.26.19 PM.png

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
*Update*

Flint has gone down. Two left. I had to use team work on this guy

Houndoom- Inferape: Close Combat
Inferape- Sharkbait: Earthquake
Flareon- Sharkbait: Earthquake
Magmortor- Nessie and Inferape: Surf, switch, Close Combat (switched because of solarbeam.)
Rapidash- Nessie: Surf

I wont include the team this time because the only change is Nessie leveled up to 60.
I will update only for now on!!

*Update*

Lucian is down. Not really a tough battle. Heres how it went. Started with Sharkbait and shadow Clawed Mr. Mime. 1hKO. Espeon was throwen out. I struck, but my favorite pokemon hung on with like 1 or 2 hp left. I could not seany bar :(. Lucian healed espeon, but I expected this and set up sandstorm. Two damageing sandstorms and another shadow claw, and espeon was down. Threw in Inferape to kill off Bronzong. Then swept Alakazam with one shadow claw. Gallade took two shadow claws to beat.

Beganing my battle with Cythina. Im writing this as it happens!!!

Spirtomb vs Sharkbait. 1st turn: Dragon claw for me and a dark pulse for her. Turn 2: another dragon claw finishs off spirtomb.
Garchomp vs Nessie. 1st turn: Dragon Rush from her, but I Ice Beam. 1hKO.
Roserade vs Charmonkey. 1st turn: Flamethrower from the start. 1hko
Milotic vs Nessie. 1st turn: Thunderbolt, less half damage. Mirror coat. SHOOT.
Milotic vs Sharkbait. 1hKO with ice beam.
Milotic vs Nessie. Dragon Pulse from Milotic followed by another thunderbolt, surived. Full Restore, Thunderbolt, Critcal hit!!!!
Lucario vs Charmonkey. Flamethower. 1hKO
Togikiss vs Nessie. Aura Sphere. That hurt :(. Ice Beam 1hKO

Ive done it. I have become the champion of Sinnoh. Im placing a hall of fame photo as proof.

photo.php

Heres the final team:

Charmonkey the serious Inferape
LV 61
Flare Blitz
Mach Punch
Flamethrower
Close Combat

Nessie the Hardy Lapras
LV 60
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Waterfall

LV 60
Shadow Claw
Sandstorm
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

MVP:
Early Game was Nessie. Nessie swept the first two gyms.
Mid Game: Sharkbait. So useful in most battles. Waitng til 27 to evole got me an early Dragon Claw.
Late Game: All. Everyone was used in sinc, fighting for one another if one fell.

LVP: none.

Favorite moment: That 1hKO Ice Beam against Cythinas Togikiss.

Last edited:

Cyndadile

Brr... I NEED HOT COCOA!
Years
Guess i'll do i't on Pokémon Blue.

My team will be : Pidgeot , Jolteon and Clefable!

Hope i will make it!

Well , im updating now.
Did all the beginning stuff and i caught a Pidgey!
Named it OMGBird and trained it to Level 10.
I'm now on my way to the Viridian Forest.

UPDATE:
JUST DEFEATED BROCK!
Time for Clefairy!

Last edited:
Years
Update!!!!...
chose charmander beat gary
Oak's Parcel delivered got pokedex and pokeballs
bought 2 potions
trained charmader up to level 13 in veridian forest learned Metal Claw
got out of veridian forest grinded to level 15
luckily beat brock
on my way to Mt. Moon

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Badges: 16.
Pokèdex: 11.
Time: 19:49.

Took on E4 easily. After that, I took on Kanto Gyms pretty much easily.
That done, I trained the team greatly and took on E4 again, then Red. Killed him.
And Heart Gold's challenge leg is completed, tomorrow I'll start on Ruby.
(Don't mind the Lv. 40 Mew, I was fishing while cheating)

94.png

Lv. 82
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

149.png

Lv. 83
Earthquake
Dragon Rush
Dragon Dance
Flamethrower

208.png

Lv. 83
Crunch
Ice Fang
Stone Edge
Iron Tail

151.png

Lv. 40
Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength

151.png

Lv. 40
Whirlpool
Rock Smash
Waterfall
Rock Climb

Sgt_Grovyle

-Not a Grovyle fool!
Years
After failing miserably at the duo challenge, I guess I sign up for this for right now.
I'll be playing: yellow,soul silver,emerald,platinum,and white if I get that far.

My team will be:Blastoise,Pikachu,and Rhydon

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Got 2 Badges.
Now I'm in Slateport.

94.png

Lv. 25
Hypnosis
Sludge Bomb
Spite
Shadow Punch

147.png

Lv. 24
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Secret Power

208.png

Lv. 24
Rock Tomb
Harden
Secret Power
Rock Throw

252.png

Lv. 7
Pound
Flash
Absorb
Cut

278.png

Lv. 7
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
all right, sorry i had not updated at all. I BEAT THE CHALLENGE!!!!!! the reason i had not updated is because we were travelling to my grandma's house for the holidays. it was a three day event and i needed something to do for the time being. i tried but there was no internet there. i beat the challenge and just got back home yesterday.
After beating the game:
I used the name Troy
Team: Franklin the Blastoise Lv 59---- De Vil the Persian Lv 58 and Cerberus the Arcanine Lv 58

reason for names:
Troy- closest sounding name to tri as in tri species challenge
Franklin- the old TV show Franklin the turtle
De Vil- as in quela De vil from 101 dalmations De vil-- spells devil lol
and Cerberus- the greek three headed dog that guards the underworld.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Badges: 5.
Pokèdex: 9.

Now in Fortree, did a good training in Sea Routes.

94.png

Lv. 40
Hypnosis
Sludge Bomb
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball

148.png

Lv. 39
Shock Wave
Iron Tail
Dragon Rage
Secret Power