• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
How many badges you have currently as Waterfall depends on it.
P.S Guys I need a big favor and quick. I am about to face Atem in Millennium city but I want to go back towards the Headquarters for a Move relearn. Can someone point out how I go back there. I missed the talk from Sydney where she tells us how?

I have 3 badges:The second, the third, and the last, or at least that's what it says.

Years
Where do you guys level up your pokemons? Mine ones are under level 50, pupitar for example is level 46 and I battled Light whose pokemons are above level 60. Is there lucky egg perhaps or something?
Yes Lucky Eggs are in Iceland city and they are unlimited. Yes you can have as much as you like. Go South-East and you will see them beside an NPC.

Yes Lucky Eggs are in Iceland city and they are unlimited. Yes you can have as much as you like. Go South-East and you will see them beside an NPC.

I have 7th badges and idk how get 8th, anyone help me ?
Go back in the Twist Woodlands and fight the gym leader there Blitz who was previously unavailable

is there pokemon dark rising 2 already?
No, DarkRising Girl has not released even its thread yet due to her busy life

Okay, I really would love to play this game on my Android. I'm running it on Gameboid and it doesn't load. The screen turns black and then after a few seconds it takes me back to the 'select a rom' screen. Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Fire Red both work on the emulator, but Dark Rising doesn't. Someone please help.
Other Emulators have this sort of problem as they are semi supported other than VBA. Try using a different ROM

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
uhm i need some help. Vladimir just told me that they shipped the emerald off to someplace where do I go after that?

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
What do I do after I beat the elite four?
I think the game ends after beating E4 and Adrian.

OK, so I went into the Frozen Dungeon. I was stuck there for a while trying to find another exit...i couldn't. I searched up how to get out of the dungeon and found out that you needed Surf. So I taught it to my Swampert. Only one thing, I still haven't beat the gym i need to to actually use the HM. What do I do now? Please help, and Thank you.
Enter the Frozen Dungeon then look for the ladder. The ladder will warp you inside and the exit is the cave entrance at the back of the ladder.

Okay, I really would love to play this game on my Android. I'm running it on Gameboid and it doesn't load. The screen turns black and then after a few seconds it takes me back to the 'select a rom' screen. Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Fire Red both work on the emulator, but Dark Rising doesn't. Someone please help.
The question is, have you patched it already into a Fire Red rom? Because if you just downloaded the IPS file here and open it with Gameboid that will definitely not work.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Nice hack! I'd support this hack. Keep it up! :)

Note: its so damn hard to grind levels!

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Stuck in dark rising HQ area(I forgot the name of the region lol). Please heeeelp.

After beating Atem in Millenium City(?), right after exiting, an invisible sprite asked me if i am ready to go to dark rising hq because of the police, which, I realized, is an event that has already happened... What should I do? Will I be able to progress if I say no? And if I say no, where should I go next?

Answers are appreciated :3

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I need help I got the emerald from light then went back to hq and sydney told me that the pc is useable again then she tells me to go for a stroll where do I go after that?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I need help I got the emerald from light then went back to hq and sydney told me that the pc is useable again then she tells me to go for a stroll where do I go after that?
Go back to Tiky Village and go to the forest for your 8th badge.

Anyways, I finished the game... last boss wasn't even worth mentioning... too weak =D
There were some bugs and grammar errors, but not worth mentioning...
Well... I kinda enjoyed this hack but it kinda become repetitive in the second part =)
Well... the story was nice, though =)
What kinda bothered me was that traded Volcarona still did not obey even after obtaining all badges...

My team:
20130201205503.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Go back to Tiky Village and go to the forest for your 8th badge.

Anyways, I finished the game... last boss wasn't even worth mentioning... too weak =D
There were some bugs and grammar errors, but not worth mentioning...
Well... I kinda enjoyed this hack but it kinda become repetitive in the second part =)
Well... the story was nice, though =)
What kinda bothered me was that traded Volcarona still did not obey even after obtaining all badges...

how do I get my 8th badge? I only have 5 badges

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Okay, so I'm stuck in the Frozen Dungeon. The only way out is the entrance. I can't leave the garden either because the building keeps taking me back to the same spot when I enter some stairs. Is there a way I can get out? I'm stuck here and I can't get out no matter what. Please help.

Hab

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2023
Yes, there are a few bugs and glitches in this hack, but it's still the most fun pokemon game I've ever played. It's often quite hard (My pokemon are often like 20 lvls below my opponents :P). I have one more problematic issue, though: Scald. Does it have the possibility of burn? It's supposed to have a 30% burn chance, but I don't ever get one. It's kind of weird, cause another move you ported from the newer games, Zen Headbutt, has the flinchchance (Actually, maybe the flinch-rate is a bit too high? My Victini with Serene Grace is supposed to have like 40% chance, but it often seems more like 100% :P).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
how do I get my 8th badge? I only have 5 badges
Eh... what? o.O How can you have only 5 badges and be in HQ...?

Yes, there are a few bugs and glitches in this hack, but it's still the most fun pokemon game I've ever played. It's often quite hard (My pokemon are often like 20 lvls below my opponents :P). I have one more problematic issue, though: Scald. Does it have the possibility of burn? It's supposed to have a 30% burn chance, but I don't ever get one. It's kind of weird, cause another move you ported from the newer games, Zen Headbutt, has the flinchchance (Actually, maybe the flinch-rate is a bit too high? My Victini with Serene Grace is supposed to have like 40% chance, but it often seems more like 100% :P).
Zen Headbutt HAS 100% flinch rate which is pretty cool because it gives you at least little advantage over OP Pokémon your opponents have ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2013
how do i move my sav file to the newer version of the rom?
and if that isnt possible, how do i get past trilogy islands? (i cant surf off the west side)

Years
Stuck in dark rising HQ area(I forgot the name of the region lol). Please heeeelp.

After beating Atem in Millenium City(?), right after exiting, an invisible sprite asked me if i am ready to go to dark rising hq because of the police, which, I realized, is an event that has already happened... What should I do? Will I be able to progress if I say no? And if I say no, where should I go next?

Answers are appreciated :3
Answer yes and you will be transported there. Then go through the Huntik Route and Enter the cave previously blocked. I also reported this Bug to DrG already

after the elite 4, where would i go?
Meet ADRIAN in the castle and battle him. This concludes DR 1 after him

Okay how do I get my 5th and 6th badge?
The fifth badge is in Numassity City while the Sixth badge is in Montage Forretress

Last edited:
Back