• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Farms

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in previous games we've seen farms in general, ranging from Miltank farms, to Mareep farms (actually that might be all given I don't recall anything else BUT STILL).

Given that cows, and sheep are farm animals, if there was a farm in these games what would you like it to deal with? Growing certain fruits or something, or another type of farm animal such as a pig farm (if they introduce a pig Pokemon)? What sort of bearing would you like it to have on the game - would you like it to introduce a useful item such as Moo-Moo Milk from Johto, or being the place where a Pokemon was stolen and you first dealt with Team Plasma in Unova? Or perhaps somewhere you can stay when certain things are going on? Based on how differing in variety farms could be, what would you like to see covered if there are farms? Maybe grape farming considering it's based on France and have a special machine you can step in for money? What else could be interesting? Share your thoughts!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
We could buy wine and all get drunk

I like the farms we are given in Pokémon. I'd like to see a new chicken Pokémon and there be a chicken farm. I think that'd be really cool. Also some fruit and veg farms would be a nice addition also, even just for scenery purposes.

blue

gucci
Years
I loved Flocessy Range which is kinda like a farm..

Yeah I hooe they include another Farm, they could sell Grapes to restore HP for Pokemon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
We could buy wine and all get drunk

I like the farms we are given in Pokémon. I'd like to see a new chicken Pokémon and there be a chicken farm. I think that'd be really cool. Also some fruit and veg farms would be a nice addition also, even just for scenery purposes.
The Gallic Rooster is France's National Bird, so assuming the region is based off of France, then perhaps the chances of a chicken or rooster farm can be likely.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Farming, one of the things that have been in Europe for so many years. Seeing as Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are based on French stuff, it would be nice to see some sort of new style of farm in the new region.

Hm... what would I like to see? Well I'm thinking about some sort of berry farm, where certain berries are grown. But along with that, it would also be nice to see some Pokémon grassing in the paddocks as well, I'd like to see some new Pokémon... perhaps some goat Pokémon? 'Cause in the real world... there are some goats that are farmed for goats' milk that can be also then turned into cheese. Wouldn't it be nice to actually be able to get some special cheese from a goat Pokémon in the game? Which any Pokémon can eat the cheese and which would restore HP.

Cheese hasn't been used in Pokémon games yet, so if any developers want to put it in, Pokémon X and Y is a good time to introduce this kind of stuff. ;)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
A farm would be nice. Hmm.. Perhaps the farm could have some chicken or goat Pokemon roaming around that could give you one/a few of their products (eggs from chickens, goat's milk from goats, etc.) when you give them, say, a berry of their choice? It's an idea. Oh, and how about sometimes there will be a wild version of that chicken/goat Pokemon hiding among the ones walking around and you get to catch it if you find it? That could be a fun way of adding it to your Pokedex! xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I would love to see a new Chicken or Pig Pokemon the only problem is, those types of farms would have to provide food or materials in some way. Miltank Ranch produced MooMoo Milk and Floccesy Ranch produced wool from their Mareep.

Chicken/Pig idea...unless they game them a very odd harvest ability similar to Combee, would indicate that its a slaughter farm. All Pokemon hatch from Eggs so Chicken raising would mean killing baby chickens unless new eggs are produced. (Ya I realize it doesn't paint a pretty picture for Soft Boiled and Chansey). Pigs...unless they find mushrooms, would mean they are raised to be eaten. Which I don't think Gamefreak would want to go into.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmmm... Farming in France... Wine would be awesome and fitting but i highly doubt it. I don't know, maybe a farm place with a little bit of plot in it would be nice again...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
A chicken farm would be nice. Introducing us a chicken Pokemon and it would be like in Johto when they gave us the Togepi egg. But this time, the chicken hatched the egg and the persons in charge of the farm gives it to us because they think that it would grow faster and better if it was with other Pokemon :)

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I've got twenty acres, and you've got forty three? /knows that probably nobody will get that but whatever

It's probably a little too Rune Factory/Harvest Moon, but if there were farms, I'd quite like to be given a patch, for growing berries and/or apricorns. I mean, it'd make more sense than randomly carrying around a half dozen pots in your black hole bag for berry growing or just plucking apricorns off trees you happen to encounter every now and then, right? Having your own place to grow these things would be fun, and a welcome little distraction from the main quest...hop back every now and then and check on your own personal little farm, rather than planting these things out in the open and wondering that no other enterprising young trainer thinks to steal them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I would love to see a new Chicken or Pig Pokemon the only problem is, those types of farms would have to provide food or materials in some way. Miltank Ranch produced MooMoo Milk and Floccesy Ranch produced wool from their Mareep.

Chicken/Pig idea...unless they game them a very odd harvest ability similar to Combee, would indicate that its a slaughter farm. All Pokemon hatch from Eggs so Chicken raising would mean killing baby chickens unless new eggs are produced. (Ya I realize it doesn't paint a pretty picture for Soft Boiled and Chansey). Pigs...unless they find mushrooms, would mean they are raised to be eaten. Which I don't think Gamefreak would want to go into.
Well, there is one thing these animals produce that could be farmed... mulch. :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well, there is one thing these animals produce that could be farmed... mulch. :P
Which in turn could be used for growing berries, should that be brought back. I like it!

It's a little gross, but it's nothing far from reality.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I would like to see another farm with a roosters. it would be something different.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I thiiink the only pokemon based off of chickens are the Torchic family, so yeah, I guess if there is a chicken farm, there can be more chicken-like pokemon that can lay eggs. But yeah, I would like to see a chicken farm, or maybe an all-purpose farm, which has pokemon that are a variety of farm animals like pigs, chicken, cows, dogs, etc, etc.

Years
I'd love it if the player STARTED at a farm! And the farm should have some horse pokemon (since there are only the musketeers and zebstrika I think?) as well as some goat pokemon, and there could be a Go-Go Milk or something, as X and Y's version of Moo-Moo Milk. But some straight up chickens that aren't cooking themselves would be nice :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well pig farm can work as Spoink and Grumpig have pearls...which would make it a Pearl farm. Hmm how about an Aquatic farm instead with clamperl and Cloyster.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...there's such a thing as an aquatic farm? I want this!! Normally farms in-game aren't overly exciting but given what we saw in the underwater tunnel thing in B2/W2 an aquatic farm would look awesome, and there could be lillies everywhere for sale and those could be special items that give your Pokemon energy~~~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
...there's such a thing as an aquatic farm? I want this!! Normally farms in-game aren't overly exciting but given what we saw in the underwater tunnel thing in B2/W2 an aquatic farm would look awesome, and there could be lillies everywhere for sale and those could be special items that give your Pokemon energy~~~

Yes there are such things as Aquatic farms XD

We have a few here in Louisiana XD Crawfish Farms, Rice Farms, and a few Catfish farms. XD

@Spoink + Pearl bit, Spoink don't grow pearls though. Only Shellder/Cloyster/Clamperl do. Spoink finds the Pearl and uses it as a focus, then loses the Pearl when it evolves.

I kinda hope they stick to traditional animals. Goat, Pig, Chicken would be ok, but I feel awkward about it. Maybe they'll introduce a new type of food item relative to berries that do the same thing, but aren't part of the berry groups. Like make Fruit and Vegetables for Pokemon.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I'd quite like to see some Arable farming, for crops. Maybe berries and vegetables, and the trainer helps out harvesting initially, then the farmer gives them a plot of their own to use? I kinda miss being able to grow things in the overworld and having to tend to them. I thought it was a really neat use of the real-time clock. And having a farm means everything would be all in one place to collect.

Back