• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [IC]

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Sara Lain - Attempt at Catching a Poliwag

After sealing the tadpole inside of the capsule, Sara's Pokeball began to rock slowly in the ground. The excitement bloomed among everyone... Will Sara catch a Poliwag? Will it fee, instead? Why is Orrie in such a good shape if he's eating so much?

POLIWAG WAS CAUGHT!

060.png

Lv.5
Water Absorb
Water Sport
Bubble​

Forrest Top - Upcoming Double Battle !!

As Benedict and Tank approached the Lotad from before, something, or rather, someone, took the hits instead of Lotad. As the Pokemon fell over its four paws, it dropped an Oran berry it had been carrying, eating it, and then regaining its health. The furious Poochyena released a Howl at Forrest, unconsciously raising its Attack stat. The two Pokemon had been friends for five minutes, and since that's the longest friendship Poochyena had held, Forrest will have to knock it first before doing a scratch at the Lotad.

A WILD POOCHYENA AND LOTAD APPEARED !!
DO NOTE, YOU MAY ONLY THROW A POKEBALL AFTER THERE'S ONLY A POKEMON STANDING, OR THERE'S NOTHING BLOCKING YOU FROM CATCHING A POKEMON, AS I'M SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO CATCH ANOTHER POKEMON BY MISTAKE

261.png
270.png

Isla Van Tricht - Attempt at Catching a Poliwag

Once again, the Pokeball enclosed the tadpole within it, beginning to shake in the ground. Once, Twice... And the attention at the Pokeball had dissipated, as a Psyduck that sealed itself inside of a Pokeball was just next to this one...

But still...​

POLIWAG WAS CAUGHT!​

060.png

Lv.8
Water Absorb
Water Sport
Hypnosis
Bubble​

Eli Anderson Psyduck - Attempt at Catching Itself (?)

Yes, you read that right, a Psyduck hit the center of one of Eli's Pokeballs, sealing itself inside. The Pokeball is now busy spinning around. In a matter of seconds, the duck had succeed in catching itself.

There's something rather different in this Psyduck... But what could it be? Aside of it being blue, of course...

PSYDUCK WAS CAUGHT! (?)

Spr_5b_054_s.png

Lv.8
Cloud Nine
Water Sport
Scratch
Tail Whip
Water Gun​

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara heard the click and instantly knew that she had caught her second pokemon. "Hey Orrie we got him!" She thought for a moment, "You're pretty tough, I doubt I can lose much with you." She decided he had enough berries already and just stroked the top of his head, "Kind of unfortunate that there's no one for me to fight though, hopefully we'll be able to take down that new gang here." I bet we could even beat Cipher now, well maybe not the big guys. "We should catch more pokemon too! I bet if we get a bunch of pokemon we will be stronger." She began to get extremely excited.
It is getting dark out, we should try to get back to town.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Yes, I am quite aware that no one has reached Petalburgh yet, but I'll be busy for most of the next week, and I certainly don't want this RP to die, and that, my friends, brings us to Chapter III, but first, a small flashback of the important events (kinda) !

Just remember to go at your own pace!

Hoenn RéBURST
CHAPTER III

Previously... On The Kill Your Family Show...​
Spoiler:

Hosted by Betty Crocker and Oprah Winfrey
Created by Michael Bay
Featuring music by Linkin Park
Guest starring Admiral Ackbar, Shia La*BOOM!* and Optimus Prime.

Petalburgh City
Spoiler:

A very small city west of Oldale. The first one with a gym you shall see in your journey... It houses two strong Trainers, the first one being the local Gym Leader, who specializes in Normal type Pokemon, Norman, and Wally, a Trainer who made it to the Pokemon League with a Ralts as his starter Pokemon. The whereabouts of the latter remain unknown as of yet...

There's a small inn for travellers here, the Petal Inn, next to the gym, and also to the lake next to it.

One may frequently see stray Meowth while here, which are quite rare outside cities...

Wild Pokemon:
In the lakes:

Spr_5b_118_m.png
Spr_5b_129_m.png

183.png
270.png

In order to get the Pokemon from the lake, you shall need a rod, lucky you! There's a fisherman (named Ralph :P) who shall give you an Old Rod if you ask nicely! The catch is that the rod can actually catch any of the Pokemon available, neat isn't it? As for Marill and Lotad, there's no need to fish for them, as they are mostly out of the lakes, walking around the city.

Stray Pokemon:

025.png
052.png
179.png

431.png
506.png

Now, here's the catch of these buddies, they are Pokemon who no longer have an owner, be it for that person abandoning them, or just because they are lost. They haven't been groomed in quite a while, so don't expect them to be squeaky clean! You must be creative if you want to catch any of them, you must befriend them in whatever way you can, be it giving them food, saving them from an angry Pokemon, or whatever else you can think of. If you want to catch a stray Pokemon, you must end your post with the Pokemon being sealed inside a Pokeball. If your post is great enough, you shall keep it, if it isn't, however, I'll tell you to release it...

Optional Event

122.gif

Battle! Leader Norman!

You may access the local gym if so you wish, where you may challenge Norman to a one-on-one battle, in which he'll use a Lv.40 Slaking. This battle cannot be won with Pokemon which are barely at Lv.10, as you can imagine, but if your post impresses me, I shall give you a reward!

Also, in order to avoid any confusions, only ONE person can challenge a Gym Leader at a time, there may still be more than one person at once in the gym, however...

289.png

What you may, may not and must do:
-You may travel in Petalburgh City
-You may have as many posts as you wish here
-You may interact with NPCs and RPers here​

Route 104
Spoiler:

A quite large route in western Hoenn that connects Petalburgh City with Rustboro City. This route is split in half by the Petalburgh Woods, which must be crossed in order to keep journeying the Route.

Wild Pokemon:

183.png
261.png
263.png

265.png
276.png
278.png

Sight Seeing

Mr. Briney's Sea Cottage

There's a cottage where Mr. Briney lives, a man who knows the seas of Hoenn like the back of his hand! If you enter this cottage, you'll see... Nothing, the house is empty, which is weird, Mr. Briney never leaves unless he's going to Dewford, in which case, he takes his boat with him, which is outside of the cottage... That's weird, not even Pecko seems to be around...

The Pretty Petal Flower Shop

There's a small shop in this Route rught after going out of the woods. In here you may purchase any berries you like at
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
50 each, of course, because of your few experience, it is recommended that you first get familiarized with berries such as Oran and Cheri. You may also purchase plants, if you have the money and place to put them in, that is...

RedPlantSprite.png
TropicalPlantSprite.png
PrettyFlowersSprite.png
ColorfulPlantSprite.png
BigPlantSprite.png
GorgeousPlantSprite.png

-You must go through this Route
-You may catch the Pokemon you battle
-You may interact/fight with any NPCs or RPers
-You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.​

Petalburgh Woods
Spoiler:

A small forest located within Route 104... This place houses a huge amount of Bug type Pokemon, and thus, you might want to check them out before leaving, as they won't be appearing that much after this chapter...

Wild Pokemon:
010.png
011.png
013.png
014.png

123.png
165.png
167.png
265.png

266.png
268.png
283.png
285.png

287.png
290.png
540.png
543.png

-You must go through the forest
-You may catch the Pokemon you battle
-You may interact/fight with any NPCs or RPers
-You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.​

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jerome entered route 102 and looked around, there was a nice pond with crystal clear water just to the right of the main path, but he decided to avoid it. He didn't need water and he didn't want to get attacked by a wild water type since his only Pokemon was a fire type. There was the overgrown foliage on either side of the path that served as a home, and refugee for wild pokemon, which he wanted to avoid since he was sure he would run into the biggest, meanest Pokemon with his current luck. He took a quick look around for Pokemon before he started down the path to Petalburg city hoping to avoid any more trouble. After walking in peace for about five minutes Jerome came across two girls who were talking to each other. Jerome nodded at them as he passed by, and the girls glanced over at him. The younger one suddenly giggled before walking up to Jerome with a huge grin on her face.

"Hello sir, my name is Tara and I need your help with a little bet," said the girl wearing a yellow and grey dress that looked like a school uniform. She looked to be a few years younger than him, and definitely had more energy than him. She was pretty short though likely five feet and maybe one inch. She had a huge grin complete with braces to go with her energetic voice to make her appear even younger. She suddenly held out her hand for Jerome to shake.
Jerome smiled and gently shook her hand before replying with a friendly voice, "Well Tara, how can I help you?"

"By dueling us!" exclaimed the girl continuing her grin. Meanwhile her older friend with long brown hair and a simple green and white dress began to blush.
Noticing Tara's friend's reaction Jerome started to really wonder what this girl was up to. He focused his attention on Tara and with an uneasy smile he asked, "How will that help?"

"Ok the bet is if I beat you in a duel then you have to take my friend Jessica over there on a date. If she somehow beats you then I have to go on a date with you," said the girl with a devious smile as Jessica turned a crimson red.

Jerome's smile faded and he thought for a second before responding, "Wow um… well, what do I get if I win?" Frankly he felt like he was on the end of a bad joke. The girls were using him as torment for the loser of the bet. He didn't realize that the one girl was trying to set her friend up on a date with him since she was confident she would win, and it was not in fact a joke on him.

The girl's smile faded as she asked in a less enthusiastic tone, "What do you want?" She clearly hadn't thought of that possibility since she assumed the teenager would have jumped at the chance to take her or her friend on a date. In fact he seemed a little insulted, or something because his face had a slight frown on it.

Jerome thought about her question for a bit and replied with the same friendly tone, "Well I don't really want to force my Pokemon to fight right now so I would prefer to just be on my way."

The once grinning girl began to frown and said in an anger filled tone, "Wow you're a bore… Even if you're no fun and don't want to play our little game I want to battle you. Maybe beating you will make you a little more fun." The girl then pulled out a Pokeball from her purse and released her pokemon. A small green and white creature with three leaves on its head appeared and it looked up at Jerome with innocent looking ruby red eyes.

"I would prefer not to battle," said Jerome looking down at the Petilil with a neutral look on his face as he pulled out his Pokedex and tried to get information on the Pokemon. The old device's screen popped up a message that said "Pokemon not in Database." This made Jerome say sarcastically, "well this thing sure is useful."

"Well too bad, I'm challenging you to a battle… So you have to stop being boring and battle, it's the rules," said Tara with a frustrated tone of voice as she put her hands on her hips and moved her head to one side as she waited for Jerome to call out his Pokemon.

Jerome stared at her for a second before he pulled out his Torchic's Pokeball and released the red feather covered Pokemon. The Torchic seemed to be half asleep and not very happy with the state of his world when he fully appeared. The Torchic gave Jerome a disapproving glare before looking around at his surroundings with half closed eyes. Jerome had his PokeDex out and was reading the information on the screen as he said in his normal tone of voice, "Sorry I had to… you got yourself in a lot of trouble at the PokeCenter, but that is the past. Right now this girl says we have to duel so… time to show her that she chose the wrong pokemon to battle against." The Torchic seemed a little less angry once Jerome praised him and he turned to face his opponent.

The Petilil looked at the Torchic nervously as her trainer's shoulder's dropped as she moaned, "It had to be a fire type. Of all Pokemon a fire type… why?!" Seeing the opposing pokemon and its trainer's reaction to his presence, the Torchic charged forward confidently as he built up the toxic gas in his mouth to release as an attack. Snapping back to the task at hand the girl said, "Ok Lily you can do this… use Leech Seed… you know the trick!"

The Petilil closed its eyes and several seeds formed around the base of its three flowers. It then whipped its head around throwing the seeds at the Torchic, who didn't even try to dodge them. The seeds quickly grew tiny roots that sunk into the chick Pokemon's feathers and latched into his skin. The Torchic replied with a burst of flame from his mouth that shot at the Petilil like a fiery bullet. When the small blast of fire hit the Petilil straight in the face it cried out in pain, but it didn't move. The Torchic had only released an opener to his attack and he planted his feet suddenly so he would skid to a stop right in front of Lily. The Petilil didn't move as the fire type unleashed a burst of flame from his mouth that enveloped the Petilil completely.
The seeds on the Torchic glowed as they absorbed some of his life and then they released small bits of energy that floated back to the Petilil. At the same time the grass type used its healing ability, using an amazing amount of focus to do this despite being engulfed in flames. The Torchic hopped back to survey the damage, but after the smoke cleared it saw that the Petilil looked completely undamaged. The Torchic looked shocked, but then he narrowed his eyes and pushed the assault once again. Burning his opponent with another burst of flames. Once again however the Petilil healed itself as it turned sunlight into health all the while its leech seed slowly drained the Torchic of his life. The Fire type began to get frustrated as his opponent kept recovering from his attacks. This futile cycle continued until Jerome finally spoke up, "Ok settle down… use your toxic ability to poison it. Maybe that will allow you to out damage its ability to heal."

The Torchic looked back Jerome for a second then nodded its head, while Tara looked at Jerome with a confused look since she hadn't heard of a Torchic able to use Toxic. The Torchic breathed in really deep then released a toxic cloud right into the face of the Petilil. The Grass type's eyes began to water and it coughed violently as it backed out of the cloud. Just then the Leech seed stole the Torchic's life and gave it to the Petilil making it able to breathe a little better. Jerome watched the energy transfer then said, "If we can remove those seeds that would really help." The Torchic heard this and suddenly walked into his own Toxic cloud and released a small flame. The gas ignited and surrounded the Torchic for a second burning him a little, but it burnt all the seeds causing them to fall off or hang lifeless from his feathers. The Torchic continued using new tactics and instead of just attacking he started to focus his energy. The Petilil summoned more seeds as the Torchic stood there focusing motionlessly. The Petilil then threw the seeds and the Torchic suddenly hopped off to the side. Barely dodging the seeds the Torchic began to focus again and a small continuous flame began to burn out the corners of his beak. The Petilil coughed some more, but its trainer pulled out an antidote and walked over to the grass type and injected it into the grass type with a needle. Instantly the grass type looked healthier as her trainer whispered something to the grass type. Lily then nodded and charged toward the Torchic and when it got close it launched another set of seeds at the Torchic. The fire chick didn't dodge this time but as the seeds sunk in the Torchic looked up and opened its break wide. A large intense ball of fire suddenly formed in the Torchic's mouth as all his focused energy gathered into one attack. The Petilil's eyes got big as the Torchic stepped forward, sucked in the entire flame inside his mouth to condense it down, and then suddenly spit it out. This ember attack wasn't like any of the others the Torchic had used before: It was actually very small, but it was also a very intense dart of superheated flame that shot out at the Petilil at incredible speeds.

Lily had no time to react and the Torchic's focused ember slammed into it with such force that it sent the small grass type flying backward. The intense heat made its leaves instantly wilt as all the water in them evaporated. Lily started to stand up, but right as it pushed itself to a full standing position it succumbed to the burns and collapsed to the ground. At the same time the seeds the Petilil had planted on the Torchic feel off the chick Pokemon and stopped draining his energy. After recalling her Pokemon, Tara pouted and said, "Jess, I weakened it so maybe you can win this fight."

Jessica shyly stepped up and released her Pokemon, a Budew. Speaking in a soft heavenly voice Jessica said, "Thorn… use leech seed." Meanwhile Jerome pulled out a potion, but when his Torchic saw this it looked up at its trainer and shook its head.

"You want to just win with your own strength don't you?" asked Jerome as the Torchic shook its head. It then looked back at the Budew, and nodded its head slowly. Jerome stared at his Torchic for a second and muttered to himself, "I really need to figure you out so we can work together better." The Budew's vines over its head parted revealing a seed on the end of each one. Whipping the vines the Budew launched the seeds at the Torchic. The Torchic was sick of Leech Seeds so he stood his ground and unleashed a small barrage of tiny fireballs that "shot down" the two seeds. The Budew tried this attack again but the Torchic once again defeated it with its own counter attack.

Jessica suddenly ordered, "Thorn tackle the Torchic and then use Leech seed at point blank range. Perhaps you can land the attack then." The Budew charged forward as the Torchic braced itself for the tackle while exhaling a cloud of noxious fumes. The Budew charged through the fumes, breathing in the poison, and then slammed into the Torchic and knocked them both down. As the Budew tackled the Torchic its vines whipped around and "slapped" the Torchic, attaching leech seeds on either side of the Fire type. At the same time the Torchic released a burst of flames into the Budew's face causing it to flinch a little in pain. Both Pokemon struggled against each other for a minute on the ground, both unwilling to try to recover from the messy flurry of flames, claws, vines, and kicks. Jessica frowned at the unsightly brawl, while Jerome watched the fight pacing like a caged animal.

After a minute of this the two Pokemon separated and slowly regained their footing. They stared at each other for a second then the Budew charged at the weakened Torchic and the Torchic unleashed a burst of flames at the lower level grass type. The Budew slammed into the Torchic after charging through the flames. Both of the Pokemon rolled a foot away from where the Torchic had stood, and neither of them stood up as they had both been knocked out at the same time.

"A tie," said Jessica in a soft sad voice as she recalled her knocked out Budew to its red and white Pokeball. Jerome walked over and picked up his knocked out Torchic off the ground.

"If you had healed your Pokemon you would have won dummy," said Tara who clearly didn't like Jerome.

"He didn't want to be healed… so I didn't. It was his fight, so it was ultimately his choice," replied Jerome as he gently brushed the Torchic's top feathers with his hand he wasn't using to hold the Pokemon.

"What? That is stupid you're his trainer. You're the one who didn't win because of it," said Tara.

"Yes he is fighting for me, but he was the one doing the fighting. If I cannot respect his wishes and honor them, then I don't think we can ever be true allies," said Jerome as he tried to explain his mindset. This made Tara shake her head and walk away while as she yelled at her friend that it was time to go.

Jessica looked at the Torchic and then at Jerome and said in a soft voice, "You need to give him a proper name."

"Like what?" asked Jerome taken off guard by the woman's words. He had never thought about naming his Pokemon and honestly he felt a little embarrassed that he hadn't considered it before now.

"That is only something you can decide… he is not my Pokémon," said the girl as she paused for a second to answer before she walked away.

Jerome watched the two leave and then looked down at his Torchic unsure what to name it. After he stared at the Chick Pokemon for a second he said to his knocked out Pokemon, "Magnus… How is that for a name? I guess I should ask you after you wake up." He then kneeled down and took off his backpack and pulled out his First aid kit. First he used a potion on the Pokemon then wrapped up its remaining wounds. After he did this he put the items back in his pack, and repositioned his poncho and old sleeping bag on the top of his pack, making a pseudo bed. Placing his bandaged up Torchic on the "bed" he zipped up the bag just enough so when his Torchic woke up it could stick its head out of the bag. He put the backpack on carefully and started off toward Petalburg since he couldn't return to the PokeCenter in Oldale to heal his Torchic.

As he walked down route 102, the sun started to set but Jerome wanted to get Magnus to a PokeCenter, so he pressed on instead of making camp. As he walked through the lightly forested area it was relatively peaceful until he heard a painful cry that sounded almost like a ghostly voice of a young girl. This startled Jerome and something clicked in his head. Adrenaline started to pump through his veins as he charged through brush on the left side of the path, as he headed toward the source of the sound. He then spotted a brown and white fur covered Pokemon dart toward something. Looking in the direction it had gone Jerome spotted a small Pokemon with a small bight colored horns on its head and a light colored body that almost looked like a human child wearing an oversized shirt or dress. Jerome calmed down a little when he realized it wasn't a human calling out for help, but the question was now if he was going to help or not. The oversized Zigzagoon grabbed the undersized Ralt's right side with its terrible jaws and pushed the creature to the ground, the Ralts let out another pain filled cry. The Ralt's glowing left hand pushed toward the Zigzagoon. The Ralt's weak psychic attack was able to push aside the "tiny" Raccoon's head before it could bite down on the Ralt's throat, but the Zigzagoon quickly dug its left claws into the Ralt's left arm to pin it to the ground so it couldn't defend itself. The larger than normal Zigzagoon then moved in for the kill once again, but this time it was interrupted by an old dust stained shoe in the gut.

Jerome's kick sent the shocked Zigzagoon through the air and it landed several feet away. Jerome glanced at the Ralts and saw it was still alive, but it was in really bad shape. Jerome wasn't so sure why he was so compelled to protect the Ralts, perhaps it was its human like features or that haunting cry. He had seen carnivore Pokemon kill and eat others before, but this time he felt compelled to take action to stop it from happening. "Shoo go away," said Jerome in a stern voice at the Zigzagoon. The Zigzagoon was almost twice the size of a normal one and it looked very angrily that Jerome had interfered with its dinner. The human's presence did not evoke fear in the creature's mind like Jerome had hoped and it charged at Jerome at a blazing speed before it launched itself at the human and smashed its head into Jerome's chest. Jerome was taken off guard by the creature's speed and was knocked back a few feet.

The Raccoon pokemon then turned toward the smaller than average Ralts, that tied to crawl away despite its wounds. The Zigzagoon moved to grab its prey then flee, but right as it reached the Feeling pokemon Jerome grabbed its tail. Jerome gave the Raccoon a quick flying lesson as he threw the Pokemon by the tail into a tree. Jerome reached back behind his jacket and on his belt, and pulled out a knife with a 7 inch blade. The knife, mainly used for surviving in the woods, had seen plenty of use throughout the years, and showed evidence of being sharpened and used many times. "This is Vengeance, she will take your life if you do not back off," threatened Jerome he held the knife in his right hand with the tip pointed toward his enemy and his left hand in a guard position. The Zigzagoon ignored his threat and quickly dug into the ground. Jerome moved toward the Ralts, he thought the Zigzagoon would try to grab it again, but instead the Zigzagoon appeared off to his right and jumped at Jerome slashing him with long sharp claws. Once the Zigzagoon hit the ground it burrowed again before Jerome could retaliate. Jerome wanted to yell in pain but he wouldn't give his opponent the satisfaction of hearing it. The Zigzagoon suddenly reappeared again, this time from behind and slashed Jerome again before going to ground at lightning fast speed. This happened again and again and Jerome realized he was outmatched, but he refused to give up, run away, and abandon the Zigzagoon's prey. After a few more rounds of this Jerome was cut up and bloody from the fight and looked like he was going to the ground in defeat, but the Zigzagoon made finally a mistake. It attacked Jerome head on intending to go for the human's throat, but it underestimated the human. Jerome didn't use the knife at first and instead grabbed the Zigzagoon's head and smashed it into the ground with his left hand. Ignoring the creature's sharp claws raking his left hand and forearm he held the creature in place as his right hand directed the knife into the creature's neck. Digging the knife in deep then pulling up sharply he ended the Zigzagoon's life in a single ruthless attack.

Leaving the dead creature on the ground Jerome withdrew the knife and then ran toward the Ralts to check on it. Blood was pouring out of various wounds on the Ralts but what instantly caught Jerome's attention was its abnormally laborious breathing and that one of the fang marks on the Pokemon's chest making a sucking noise. "Hold on… don't give up," said Jerome as he ran over to his pack. Pulling out Magnus and putting him on the ground he quickly began to dig through his pack until he found his first aid kit, a self aid and buddy care handbook, and a plastic zip lock bag he had some matches in. Running over to the Ralts, he tore the plastic bag until he had a small roughly square sized piece ripped out of it. He ran toward the Ralts, but before he could reach her Jerome felt an invisible force that pushed him back. The Ralts was trying to keep him away, but he didn't care and he pushed past the weak psychic energy. "I'm here to help you… stop resisting or you will die," said Jerome in a frantic voice. However the Ralts once again shoved him away with desperate psychic energy, when he leaned over to start working on the various wounds.

"Please settle down… I promise you I'm not trying to catch you, I'm trying to save your life," said Jerome in a frantic voice that he was trying to make soothing as possible. He then took his left hand and rubbed the creature's forehead to try in calm it down. He brushed its hair back so its eyes were exposed, revealing large eyes filled with pain and fear. When he brushed its horn the Pokémon suddenly relaxed a little as it felt Jerome's worry and protective feelings toward the Pokemon. This allowed Jerome to start the best first aid he could give with the limited knowledge he had from reading the manual.

First thing Jerome did was seal the sucking chest wound with the plastic and tape. Next he put a tourniquet on its left arm which had been cut to ribbons. After these two terrible wounds were dealt with, Jerome did his best to stop the worse of the bleeding from various bite and scratch marks before deciding he had to get this Ralts to a PokeCenter now or it would die.

After doing his best field care, Jerome gently picked up the Ralts and moved over to his bag and quickly tossed most of the items back inside only being careful with Magnus. However most of his food, which he had thrown on the ground in his rush to get his first aid kit, was being claimed by a slow dull looking Pokemon with two toned brown fur. He didn't have time to reclaim his food from the Slakoth, so Jerome left most of his food in the care of the Slacker Pokemon as he threw on his pack and quickly picked up the Ralts and started to run off toward Petalburgh City. By this point the Ralts had passed out from blood loss and was barely holding on to life as Jerome began to run as fast as he could toward Petalburgh.

Right as Petalburgh came into sight a young trainer stepped out and announced, "You cannot pass without battling me!"

Jerome yelled the best he could, "Out of my way now! I'll duel you later!"

The kid crossed his arms and said in a stubborn voice, "I'm not mo…"

"MOVE!" yelled Jerome in a hostile order, as he ran toward the kid at full speed.

The kid realizing Jerome wasn't going to stop dove out of the way just in time. The kid then watched Jerome continue his run into the city. Finding the PokeCenter, Jerome charged inside also going through the glass door since he allowed it very little time to open. Jerome only stopped once he was at the desk. He forced the Ralts into a surprised nurse's hands and gasped, "Help… she doesn't look like…" Jerome's adrenaline then ran out and he suddenly felt his own wounds, which were all letting out plenty of blood, and he failed to finish his sentence. He stumbled backwards a few steps then fell to his knees before hitting the floor with a thud. By the time his head had hit the floor everything had gone black.

Jerome woke up in the local medical clinic a few hours later. He started to get up despite the massive amounts of pain he was in, and the nurse on standby tried to stop him. Jerome refused to listen to the nurse's pleas for him to take it easy, and he quickly dressed himself. Jerome walked out of the building and walked to the PokeCenter as fast as he could in his condition. He was covered in bandages, and the various drugs in his system made him walk a little funny so he was an interesting sight to behold as he made his way to the PokeCenter. He walked through the PokeCenter's door and walked up to the nurse's desk with a worried look on his face. He quickly asked, "Did she survive?" Jerome had to know if he had saved the Ralts, or had he once again failed in protecting someone?

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Jerome Kerenski - Attempt at Saving a Ralts...

"I... I'm sorry," these were the words the nurse could say without crying more than she already was... She had seen a lot of things... But this? This was the worst of them, "She's over there..." She told him, pointing at a small glass container in the other side of the room, "It is up to the Trainer how they will say farewell to their Pokemon..."

As Jerome approached the glass container, he saw that a man with a black jacket, brown-ish hair and a pair of denim jeans also approached the container... He was certainly not a doctor, so, why was he opening the container?

Before Jerome could tell him to step away, he was pressing a small, spiky item at the Ralts chest, it looked like a Max Revive, but it was shining with the colors of the rainbow instead of its classic yellow-ish color.

Is he crazy? Why is he doing that, all kinds of Revive only work while a Pokemon is alive! But, wait... The revive suddenly begins shining brightly, just like the Ralts. The shady man leaves the revive over the Ralts as both surges of light join themselves.

"Ralts!" A cheerful voice yells after the light dissipates, it's Ralts, healthier than ever, and no longer wounded.

"No need to thank me..." The shady man replies, "It's the least I could do after my Pokemon's behavior."

As Jerome stares at him, confused, he spots the overgrown Zigzagoon next to him, not angry anymore, instead, sad, as if it had been punished. But, it was supposed to be death by now... Did he use one of those revives on it, too?

"We shall meet again soon..." The man says as he quickly leaves the center, with Zigzagoon running behind him.

"Was... Was that a friend of yours?" The nurse asks, not believing what had happened, after all, no one thought that bringing a Pokemon back from death was possible... The Ralts saw a Pokeball falling from Jerome's backpack, and quickly jumped towards it, pressing the button in the middle with its forehead, and sealing itself with a red beam of light...

Spr_5b_280_s.png

RALTS WAS CAUGHT!
Lv.9
Synchronize
Growl
Confusion

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012

Elizabeth "Eli" Anderson, Geoff Bates, Isla Van Tricht & Lily Blackstar - Route 103 to Route 102
Eli:
D1RXr.png
3htUK.png
OCzaX.png

Everybody was thoroughly bewildered and stupified by the "capture" of the strange blue Psyduck. Eli picked up the Pokéball, and examined it. "Huh. What do you think I should call it?"

"Dunce!" Geoff chuckled. "That's one odd Psyduck, getting itself caught like that..." Eli almost went with Geoff's suggestion, but decided on something a little... fancier.

"How's Derpy sound?" Everyone liked it, enjoying such an apt name for the duck. Then Isla jumped in shock.

"Poliwag never broke out of my Pokéball!" She ran over to it happily, and it was completely still, laying at the water's edge as if it had tried to escape by drowning the ball.

Geoff raised his eyebrows in surprise. "What? Oh, congrats!" he offered to Isla, having totally forgotten about the Poliwag like everybody else. "So, now that that's through, how about we all go to Petalburg City?" Apparently Geoff knew of a nice inn that'd recently been built there, turned half of the little pond behind the Pokémon Center into a hot spring; he thought it would be the perfect place to set up for the night. With everyone thinking a bath in a hot spring would be nice (and since it was suddenly dusk by an inexplicable force), they all agreed, and so, after taking another short break in Oldale to rest their Pokémon, the four-person troupe began to make their way across Route 102.

All of the Pokémon got their training in. Albion managed to take down a pack of Zigzagoon trying to catch up to the rest of Eli's team, Vex utterly wiped out a Lotad and a pair of Surskit to train for a battle she may have with Isla (namely Brotad, of course), and even Derpy managed to take out a Poochyena and a Ralts. For Geoff's team, Scarlett helped Albion take down two of the 5-mon Zigzagoon gang, and Bandit beat down a Poochyena; the latter apparently used to bully Geoff's poor Pokémon, and this was for revenge.

Lily's Pokémon were just as impressive. Her Phanpy and Silcoon teamed up to take down three Pokémon together, and Knight wiped out another one to keep up. What made it impressive was seeing Grace glow a brilliant white, lifting into the sky and coming out of its shell as a Beautifly, glorious wings flapping and all. It made a home of Lily's left shoulder, which only made both of them appear even prettier than usual. Brotad should've evolved like Grace during his training, but for some reason he just didn't.

Then it came down to a lone Surskit, oddly colored lighter than others, which Geoff and Lily spotted about the same time. The two quickly came to fighting over the oddity, juggling the now-tortured Pokémon around between Lucy, Grace, Scarlett and Bandit. Bandit bit, Scarlett burned, Grace stung and Lucy smashed with no breaks in between, all until the abused Surskit was miraculously thrown behind a line of bushes. The Surskit hidden and the four Pokémon exhausted from attacking it and each other, the pair had both thrown a single Pokéball each at the little Bug-type in a last-ditch attempt to catch it....

Last edited:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
After what felt like an eternity, the Poke Ball finally stopped shaking and sealed shut. Becky breathed a sigh of relief as she walked over to pick up her new Pokemon. "You better be worth it, or I'm boxing you." She threatened the Slakoth, despite it not actually being present. "Now what should I na-"

"Tox!" Duster cried out in joy, getting Becky's attention. He was in such a rush to evolve that he turned into a Dustox while her head was turned. He flew around her head, proudly displaying his new wings. She grinned. "Glad to see you still have energy. We should probably get to Petalburg though. We need to heal you guys up, plus I wanna grab something to eat!"

They made their way over to Petalburg with relative ease. It was larger than the previous two towns, but still wasn't very large. The Pokemon Center was close to the entrance, so she stopped by there first. The nurses seemed a bit restless, as if there were something going on, but Becky decided not to question it, and waited for her team to recover.

After the brief delay, she decided to grab some food. The Center had a restaurant where she could sit down and eat, but she decided against it and just picked up a sandwich from the Poke Mart. Wandering around town, with sandwich in hand, she was about to take her first bite when she heard a cry of pain. Turning towards the voice, she saw a scruffy-looking Pikachu clutching its foot. Concerned, she slowly approached the Pikachu and crouched down.

"Are you alright?" Becky asked. "What's the matter?" The Pikachu looked up straight into her eyes. It's eyes were filled with sorrow. She couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor thing.

Without warning, the Pikachu snatched the sandwich out of her hands and ran with it. Becky blinked, processing what just happened, but soon ran after it in a rage. "Hey, that's my sandwich! Give it back, you yellow rat!" She chased after the Pikachu, who easily out-sped her. It wasn't long before she lost sight of it, but she refused to give up the search. It was only a sandwich, but she still wanted to give him a piece of her mind.

Eventually, she found the mischievous Pokemon behind the local inn. The sandwich was nowhere to be seen, it was probably eaten, but there were two Meowth with it. The duo clearly weren't friends with him, as their claws were extended, and the Pikachu had visible scratches on his body. It was easy to figure out what happened. Even though he was a thief, he didn't deserved to be ganged up on by stronger Pokemon.

"Go, Bayou! We can't let him get beat up like this." Bayou emerged from his Poke Ball, ready to battle. Since the Pikachu looked pretty injured, and Bayou couldn't take them on by himself, she sent out her unnamed Slakoth as well. She emerged looking as sluggish as ever. "I got to think of a name for you still." Becky remarked. "Let's just go with Tiny. It'll be ironic later."

"All right you two, Water Gun and Scratch!" Bayou blasted the first Meowth with water. Tiny slashed at the other with her claws. The two of them hissed, and retaliated with Scratches of their own. With the assailants distracted, the Pikachu dashed away into the bushes.

"Use the same moves again! Wait, Tiny won't do anything since she just moved. Stupid laziness." She sighed. "Just Bayou then, use Water Gun." He happily obliged, but this time the Meowth was well aware of the attack, so it dodged out of the way. Then, both of them used Bite on Bayou, who was the bigger threat.

Unexpectedly, Tiny appeared behind the two Meowths and managed to hit both of the with a single Scratch. Turns out she had followed Becky's earlier command, it just took her some time to do it. This gave Becky a chance to pull out a Potion from her backpack and use it on Bayou, restoring some of his lost health. The two Meowths then began to gang up on Tiny, both using Bite on her.

"Not again! Come on Bayou, see if you can hit both of them with your Water Gun!" He fired off a jet of water at them, but it only hit the one he wasn't attacking earlier. That one turned to face Bayou, and hit him with a Scratch.

While this was happening, the Pikachu was watching the battle from the bushes. He was confused by Becky's actions. Why would she help him after what he did? It didn't make sense. However, seeing them fight so hard for his sake gave him the courage to come out from hiding.

"Chuuuu!" The Pikachu sent a Thundershock flying at the two wet Meowth, frying them both. They yelped in pain and ran off towards Route 104. Becky was surprised. "You're still here? I thought you would have turned tail and run away by now." He looked at his feet, guilty about what happened earlier.

"Well, looking at the state you're in, I can understand why you took my sandwich. You were probably starving." Not only was he dirty and wounded, he was also a lot skinnier than average. "I've never heard of wild Pikachu around here." She continued. "Did someone abandon you?" He looked away, but Becky could tell she was right.

"I know it's been hard for you, and you probably don't trust me yet, but you were really tough back there, and I think you'd be a great addition to the team." Becky smiled. Bayou and Tiny vocalized in agreement. The Pikachu hesitated, still unsure how to feel. "You don't have to, I understand why you wouldn't want to, but I don't want you to keep on living like this. She pulled out an empty Poke Ball and tossed it on the ground. "It's up to you."

He stared at the ball in front of him, contemplating his choices. Slowly, he inched closer to the Poke Ball, and eventually pressed the center button, opening it up and sealing him inside.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Geoff and Lily - Attempt at Catching a Surskit

After the poor Surskit was almost mutilated, it went to cover behind a couple of bushes, yet Geoff and Lily weren't hesitant about catching the oddly-colored bug and threw a Pokeball each... Soon after, both Pokeballs came out the bushes, but only one of them was shaking...

OH NO! SURSKIT BROKE FREE!
It didn't flee, however, so there's still a chance to catch it... Just as long as the kill-a-palooza from earlier doesn't repeat itself...

283.png

Becky Banks - Befriending a Stray Pokemon

Being a stray Pokemon isn't easy, just ask Peka, and he'll tell you (assuming he can actually talk, that is). Peka was once a joyful Pokemon owned by a Trainer who was known to be very strong... Until they lost their very first battle. To the eyes of his Trainer, Peka was now useless... And so, he was abandoned one day in Petalburgh City... Once here, Pikachu quickly began starving, and he had to do some dirty deals with a band of Meowth in order to actually get some food, yet the rations he gets are ridiculously small...

After quite some time, Peka was skinny, filthy and quite wounded, and he had managed to take a sandwich from a passerby, yet he ate it whole before arriving with the Meowth gang, which were about to severely punish it for his actions... But luckily for Peka, the same passerby arrived, and protected him from those Meowth. Peka landed the last shot with a devastating Thundershock, and then he came closer to the passerby.

After staring at the Pokeball Becky threw, he pressed the center of the capsule, sealing himself within it... This would be a new beginning for him, and hopefully he would never starve again...

Peka was caught...
Uncomfortable.gif
Sad.gif

Lv. 9
Static
Thundershock
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave

DO NOTE, THAT SINCE PEKA IS SCARRED FOR LIFE, IT WILL TAKE HIM QUITE A WHILE BEFORE ACTUALLY BONDING WITH BECKY...
PEKA WILL PROGRESSIVELY BECOME HAPPIER AS TIME GOES BY, BUT CURRENTLY HE'S SAD, AS HE STILL REMEMBERS HIS PREVIOUS TRAINER.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jerome just stared at the man with an item that could revive the dead. He had killed that Zigzagoon there was no way someone could just patch it up and save it. It had to be dead by the time he had left the battlefield with the Ralts. After standing there in shock for a second he looked at the nurse and said, "I have no idea who he is… much less what that item is that he used to revive the Ralts. His Zigzagoon… it was dead too… I killed it while trying to save the Ralts, but now it's alive." There was a moment of silence, and Jerome looked over at the empty care center where the Ralts had been. "Wait, where did the Ralts go?" asked Jerome realizing the Pokemon was not there anymore.

The nurse pointed down at the still Pokeball at Jerome's feet and said, "While you were watching that strange gentleman, your Pokemon walked up to the Pokeball and returned herself. I know this isn't my business, but I want to know: why did you allow her to be almost killed like that? Why didn't you just recall her before it got that bad?"

Jerome leaned over and picked up the Pokeball and looked at it for a second, "Allow her to almost be killed? No I saved her… she was being attacked by that Zigzagoon and I stepped in to stop it. I couldn't recall her since she was a wild Pokemon… until now."

"Wait, she wasn't your Pokemon? You brought a wild shiny Ralts into the PokeCenter without catching it first?" asked the nurse a little surprised. She had just realized for all intents and purposes if anyone had used a Pokeball on the Ralts, including herself, that Ralts would have been that person's Pokemon instead of Jerome's.

"Yes, she wasn't under my care until a few seconds ago, and I hadn't tried to catch her… I just wanted to save her life," replied Jerome as he continued to stare at the red and white sphere while thinking about how he had to take care of two Pokemon since he felt like he couldn't even take care of the Torchic right now.

"If you don't want her I'll take her! I would love a shiny Ralts. I promise to take care of her. I can give you…um…uh…something, anything for her! All my friends would so jealous please!" exclaimed the young nurse as she started day dreaming about owning a shiny Gardevoir.

Jerome was taken a bit off guard by the nurse's reaction and he lifted an eyebrow at the sudden outburst from the nurse. "That is her choice, not mine," said Jerome as he started to feel the pain medications wearing off. He then pushed the center button releasing his new Ralts onto the ground. The sky blue haired Ralts looked up at Jerome with a smile. "This nurse wants to be your trainer. I know you chose me, I am honored, but I feel it is best to give you the choice. You can stand with me, go with her, or if you like I can take you somewhere in the forest where you feel safe and let you go."
The Ralts stood there staring at Jerome for a second as she thought about the question. At first she thought Jerome didn't want her, and he seemed unsure about taking care of her. However he did seem to care for her. The nurse on the other hand desired her. The Ralts could feel the level of desire the nurse had for her. Lastly there was the option of freedom. She had left her family behind to prove she wasn't just a helpless little odd colored runt, who couldn't take care of herself. She failed in that aspect since she ended up almost dying (she doesn't know she did die). Had she rushed to be her savior's servant since she felt safe around him?

Suddenly the nurse had an idea and grabbed something from the counter and offered it to the Ralts. It was a delicious looking candy bar. The Ralts stared at the candy bar bribe for a second and then made her decision. Looking up at Jerome she pointed her right arm at him signaling her choice. The nurse had a huge frown on her face as she turned around and left after she had been rejected by her dream pokemon.

Jerome looked down at the Ralts and asked, "Are you sure? I will do the best I can do to protect you, but I'm poor and I can't even put a real roof over your head or guarantee you that you will always be fed." The Ralts responded by hugging Jerome's leg while gently putting her undersized horn on his leg, when she did this Jerome swore he very faintly felt her emotions. She was worried about her future, but sure in her choice. She seemed to appreciate and already liked him. The Ralt's choice revolved around the fact he made her feel safe, and she felt like he would respect her as a living being, where the nurse would treat her as some sort of pet. This man had given her the ability to choose her path instead of forcing her down one. That alone was reason enough to choose him in the Ralt's mind.

Just then the unhappy nurse returned with Jerome's other Pokeball and the man thanked the young lady before turning to leave. The Ralts followed after Jerome out of the PokeCenter staying a step or two behind her new master. Once outside Jerome said, "I guess I need to give you a name too," as he looked down at the Ralts. The Ralts much to his surprise shook her head. "You do not want a name?" asked the surprised Jerome. The Ralts nodded so Jerome said, "You would prefer me to just call you Ralts?" The Ralts shook her head to say no. This left Jerome confused as he thought for a moment. "Do you already have a name?" asked Jerome trying to figure out what the Ralts was trying to tell him. The Ralts nodded her head with a huge smile.

The Ralts then motioned to her hair then the sky and then back to her hair. It took Jerome a little time to realize she was telling him her name had to do with the sky due to her hair color. She seemed ok with the name Sky, but Jerome sensed she wanted something a little bit fancier. He assumed she wanted the name given to her by her parents, or whoever named her before. So Jerome spent several minutes going over made up names that integrated sky into it. Finally the Ralts indicated the name "Skyna" was close and sounded good to her so she symbolized this with a rapid nod followed by hugging Jerome's leg again.

After discovering Skyna's name Jerome remembered to release his Torchic. The Ralts and Torchic looked at each other for a second and made a few sounds before the Torchic just walked off to go peck the ground. The Ralts didn't seem too offended, but she decided to stay next to Jerome who was starting to show signs of being in pain. Skyna noticed this and looked up at her new master with concern. Just then a kid walked up and addressed the rag tag group.

"Ok now it's time to duel now that your ugly Pokemon is ok," said the kid who looked to be around 10 years old. The kid was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and a base ball cap that was on backwards. All his clothes were an eye sore color of orange, while his skin was rather pale. It was surprising that Jerome hadn't spotted him a mile away. "Go Killer!"yelled the boy as he released his Zigzagoon. The Pokemon happily bounced around the boy.

Jerome sighed and said, "Magnus… we have ourselves another fight." The Torchic looked up just as the Ralts let out a little cry. Looking down Jerome noticed the Ralts seemed a little offended Jerome had chosen the Torchic over her. Jerome nodded and said, "Never mind Magnus, Skyna has this one." Jerome pulled out his Pokedex to get information on the Ralts as Skyna turned toward the overly happy Zigzagoon, who was licking his owner to death.

"C'mon Killer use bite on that Ralts… just like that other one… this should be easy," said the boy complaining at his Pokemon for the way it was acting. The Zigzagoon nodded and then suddenly charged off toward the Ralts. Skyna glowed with Psychic energy as she picked up the Zigzagoon and then hit it against the ground. This didn't seem to do much to the Zigzagoon, and Skyna tried again. After this second try didn't seem to do almost anything, the Ralts began to panic as the Zigzagoon closed in. Skyna froze in fear as the creature opened its mouth to bite down on her.

Skyna closed her eyes in fear, but never felt any pain. Opening her eyes after a few seconds she saw Magnus looking at her with a silly grin on his face. The Zigzagoon had bitten and latched into the Torchic's rear end, but what was making the Torchic grin despite the pain was soon heard. A loud "pfffft" sound came from the Torchic's rear and the Zigzagoon's eyes instantly began to water as it let go. A second later the Zigzagoon started to run all over the place spitting on the ground as it ran. The Torchic turned and then released a barrage of five tiny fireballs at the Zigzagoon that was still trying to recover from the "toxic" attack.

"That is not fair! Its two verses one you're breaking the rules!" yelled the kid in a fit of anger.

Jerome was trying not to laugh as he said, "No I just switched pokemon…" He then kneeled down painfully and picked up the Ralts, and put her on his right shoulder to keep her away from the fight. "Good try Skyna, but let Magnus deal with this fight," whispered Jerome to his Ralts, who looked ashamed and discouraged by her performance.

The Zigzagoon was blasted by three of the fireballs and it snapped out of its spitting frenzy. It then faced the now serious Torchic. "Zig!... Za!... Goon!" yelled the tiny raccoon Pokemon as it charged at the Torchic. The Zigzagoon launched itself headfirst at the Torchic, who hopped into the air. The Torchic's timing was perfect as he came down his right foot pushed off the Zigzagoon's head, once again sending the Torchic into the air allowing it to safety land behind the Zigzagoon. The Zigzagoon crashed into the ground and instantly was back on his feet and pounced at the Torchic. The Zigzagoon landed a bite on the Torchic's left leg and the Torchic responded with a burst of fire to the Zigzagoon's face. This made the Zigzagoon retreat with a pain filled screech that made Skyna cringe and move closer to Jerome's head. Magnus pushed his advantage by unleashing a ruthless barrage of fireballs while moving forward at the Zigzagoon. The raccoon Pokemon could only back away a little before collapsing and curling up in a ball to try in protect its vitals from the Torchic's flames.

"Magnus enough… lets go," said Jerome suddenly motioning for his Torchic to come with him.

"Wait Killer isn't down yet… get up Killer! Keep fighting!" yelled the kid not willing to admit defeat.

"Why keep pushing him to fight?" asked Jerome he then added, "There is no reason to extend your Pokemon's suffering. Magnus has him suppressed, and clearly has him out matched. Being only a minor duel with nothing at stake there is no reason to push your Pokemon until it passes out."
There was a hesitation before the kid muttered in a defeated voice, "Fine." He then recalled his Pokemon, turned around, and left.

Jerome then took Magnus to the PokeCenter for a quick healing. After that he finally headed back to the clinic to get his own wounds tended to. There he got a good scolding from the nurse and the doctor before they checked his wounds, gave him some pain medications, and set him on his way since none of his wounds were serious. After looking around he decided to "spoil" himself and his Pokemon for once and use what little money he had to rent a room instead of camping in the woods.

The small "hotel" he got a room in wasn't much more than a house with almost all the rooms turned into "hotel rooms." However he wasn't going to complain since it was a roof over his head, a place to take a warm… ok cold shower since the hot water heater was broken, and a bed to sleep on. Plus he still had 23 Pokedollars left after the room to buy some really cheap food later. Going through his back he pulled out three protein bars. He gave one of the bars to each of his Pokemon and kept one for himself. He flopped down on the old bed and started to eat, while his Torchic pecked at his bar. Skyna just stared at the food with a look of failure and fear on her face.

Jerome sighed then picked up his Ralts and put her next to him on the bed before addressing her, "Skyna… don't worry you will get better in time if you try. Besides me and Magnus here can protect you… I promise I'll never abandon you. You trusted me with your life and I will not fail you." The Ralts smiled a little and relaxed enough to start eating, but she felt some uncertainty and even a little fear in the human as he gave her a promise to protect her. Well he wouldn't have to for long since she was going to work hard and get better.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
Years

Lillian *Lily* Blackstar
Chapter 2
- Route 102-

Ani231MS.png
Ani266MS.png
Ani280MS.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

" Lotad gone wild! "

Lily had tagged along with a group of teenagers for some time now and after a quite exciting tag battle she was now in route 102 and had just brawled with Geoff over a Surskit. She didn't really know why she did that, maybe seeing the others catching pokemon gave her a dose of adrenaline and got caught in the moment. However as the pokeball broke free and Surskit came out she came back to her senses. Being with the rest made her somehow react different that her composed and normal self, she needed a bit of break until they would go to the next city. " Geoff you can have the Surskit, I'm going a bit further on to check things out, see you in 20 minutes or so. "

As she ventured astray from the group she noticed that the route wasn't very different than the previous routes she had visited, the same old trees and same old grass that went along the route. However this route had one thing that set it apart from the others, this one had a pond near the entrance to the route that sparkled in the beaming rays of the sun.

" Ok guess it's time to get down to business again. " she said and pulled two pokeballs from her waist and threw them in the air calling Lucy and Grace out. Then pulled out Knight's pokeball as well and this the same to let the little psychic pokemon out.

"Phanpy!"

"Ralts!"

"Silcoon!"

"Glad to see you're full of energy! " Lily said as the three appeared before her, glad to be out of their pokeballs. " It's been a while since you got some training so why don't we head over next to the pond and train for a bit before we go to the next town?" all of them nodded and started following their trainer as she ventured further into route 102. It didn't take long for the gang to get settled and begin their training. Being recently evolved Silcoon was a bit unmovable so until it would evolve again the only thing he could do was improve his aim, and so he did, his task was to try and catch Lucy as she was running around trying to evade every String Shot or Poison Sting attack Grace would throw at her. This way both of them got some training out of helping one another, while Lily was checking Knight's stats and moves on her Pokedex, Knight creeping over her shoulder at the strange red device.

" It seems that that tag battle really put its mark on you, it says that you've learned a new move Teleport. It seems it could be quite the trump card in battles…….and for traveling short distances. " the girl said being delighted by the new asset in Knight's moves. " Let's give it a try!" and got up as Knight went in front of her.

" Ralts!" shouted as it focused its mind and within the blink of an eye it vanished into thin air. A very well executed Teleport…it would have been if Lily wouldn't have been teleported along the way. Knight appeared with Lily in front of him. The two were looking each other in the eye and then down. They were about 2 meters above the pond.

"THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED!!!!!" Lily yelled as she and Ralts clung to themselves as they fell down. The two dive into the pond like a Wailmer into the sea, splashing water all over the place. Luckily for Lily the water was just enough to reach her knees and Knight managed to land on Lily's head, but that didn't mean that both of them got soaked. "Let's not do that again ok!" Lily said looking up at Knight on her head.

" Ralts!" the pokemon agreed as Lily got up and quickly checked her right pocket to see if her Pokedex was soaked as well and if it was still functioning. Fortunately it was safe from water's hands and was working just fine. But as Lily was just about to put it back Knight gave out a cry and pointed out at two lily pads that were floating towards our own Lily.

" What's the matter….they're just some plants!" Lily said and bent over to pick one up. But as soon as her fingers touched the surface of the emerald pad the other one jumped out of the water and snatched Lily's Pokedex and jumped on land. " What the?!?" she said being confused, she looked at the pad that was still in the water as it rose up and revealed a blue pokemon that had a pad as a hat on its head. " A Lota…" but before she could finish her sentence the pokemon fired a Water Gun attack straight at Lily's face and then jumped out next to the other Lotad that had Lily's Pokedex in its mouth.

Lucy came running towards the pond with Grace on her back in search of their trainer who had vanished in thin air with Knight and had not returned. As they came closer to the pond they saw Lily get splashed with the Water Gun attack and the two Lotad at the edge of the pond smirking with joy.

" Why you little WEEDS!!" Lily burst in flames as she wiped her face and started running out of the pond with Knight still on her head."

"Silcoon! Phanpy!!!" Grace and Lucy called out to their trainer as she got out of the water and was facing the two Lotads who started running towards the two pokemon. Lily noticed her pokemon and was glad to see them and pleased to see that they were facing the Lotad.

" Good to see you girls! Quick Lucy throw Grace into a Tackle then follow up with one also. " Without a moment to spare Lucy leaned back a bit then threw Grace straight at the Lotad who had the Pokedex in his mouth. The Lotad simply jumped out of the way as Silcoon flew past him and landed a few feet away from Lily, but Lucy was right behind it and as soon as Lotad's feet touched the ground, with a little help from Lucy's Tackle it flew back into the air once again, losing grip of Lily Pokedex. " Grace String Shot on the double!" Lily shouted as she saw the Pokedex soaring through the sky. The cocoon pokemon spit out its silky web and latched itself onto the red device it a blink of the eye and then dragged it back sending it into Lily's hands. "Right where it belongs." Lily muttered to herself then turned her eyes towards the two Lotad which where bursting in fury that one of them had been made a fool of.

" Tad…Lotad!!" both of them cried and raised their head up as a green orb started forming above their head then took the shape of a seed.

"No way that's Seed Bomb! Get out of the …" but before she could end her sentence both Lotad threw the seed at their respective target hitting Grace and Lucy head on. Grace went Straight at Lily's feet, while Lucy on the other side rolled into a nearby tree. " Girls hang in there." She yelled as her pokemon got up, more determined to battle that ever.

"Tad… lotad!" the two wild pokemon snickered as they saw the pokemon getting up. They raised their head once again not letting Lily's pokemon take a minute of rest and launched another Seed Bomb attack at them.

" Not this time! Lucy use Counter, Grace follow up with String Shot an send that back at them. " the girl shouted as soon as she saw the seeds soring towards her pokemon. She couldn't spare any more mistakes as the attack were powerful and very effective on Lucy. Luckily for her, she got it right this time. Lucy started glowing a bright orange just as the seed was about to hit her and sent it back flying just like Grace did with her seed by catching it with the silky web and throwing it the other way. The two Lotad got hit at the same time causing a large explosion which covered the area in smoke and dust. Lily put her hand over her mouth as the dust started to clear away…but as the area was getting back to it old self a bright light came from Grace who was standing in front of Lily. The pokemon started to glow brightly as the cocoon cracked and out came a pair of wings bathed in the same strong light. The pair of wings lifted itself from the ground as the light started to fade leaving Lily amazed to see that Grace had evolved once again in in such a short time. " You're a…" Lily was about to say but as she opened the Pokedex, the device cut her short.

267.gif

"Beautifly, the Butterfly Pokémon, and the evolved form of Silcoon. When flowers are in bloom, Beautifly fly about gathering pollen. "

" This is what I'm talking about. " Lucy burst into cheers as she was overjoyed by Grace's achievement.

" Phan.. Phanpy!!!" the pokemon congratulated Grace raising its nose from the other side, then pointed at Lotad who were getting up, as to let them know that the battle was still on. The two wild pokemon opened their mouths and shot a powerful Water Gun attack at Grace.

"Grace fly as high as you can! " Lily said as she saw the attacks coming. Grace flapped its wings and started flying up towards the sun as fast as possible. "Lucy Flail on one of the Lotad!" Lily shouted as she noticed that the two Lotad focused all their attention on Grace. Lucy ran up to one of the Lotad and started slapping it as hard as she could then threw it in the air and then smacked it as it came down sending it like a baseball into the pond. "Nicely done! Grace now it's your turn. Evade the attacks then use String Shot on the reaming weed! " and with that said Beautifly did a loop-de-loop and turned around as the water attacks went past it. Grace dived down and as it approached its target it used String Shot to stick itself to Lotad then pulled it up. It swing around a bit then cut the thread loose sending it into the pond as well. The two Lotad were left floating unconscious on the surface of the water.

"That's what you get for messing with us, right Knight!" she said to the psychic pokemon that had been on her head this whole time. " Of course you two deserve the credit!" Lily said as Lucy came running at her feet, while Grace gracefully landed on her right shoulder. "Guess this wraps up our training, shall we go meet with the others?" she said putting her Pokedex away.

"Beautifly! Phanpy! Ralts!" the three pokemon shouted in agreement with their trainer.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Forrest grew angry with the Poochyena's intrusion. He threw out Sasuke. "Hit it anyways!...In America." Where the hell did that come from? He had never heard of this place...America. The phrase even got a questioning look from Sasuke. "Sasuke, use Absorb!" He called out. The Treecko ensnared the Poochyena in energy draining vines, rendering it immobile. Benedict and Tank slammed into it, weakening it to a new level. "Now toss it!" He didn't know why, but he thought that it would work. Sasuke took the Poochyena and threw it into the lake.

"Now, Tank, Benidict, use Tackle on that freaking Lotad!" The other two tackled the terrified lilypad...fish...amphibian thing. "Use Absorb!" Sasuke ensnared yet another helpless pokemon in his cold, feeling vines. "Keep tackling it!" The entire team began to damage the Lotad. "You're mine!" He shouted out and threw a pokeball at the Lotad, hoping that it would capture the pokemon.

Last edited:

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
Finaly exiting route 101, he entered the pokemon centre.
Healing his 2 pokemon,nurse joy said he could take 3 free potions from a rack in the corner.

Going on to route 102 he found an injured Slackoth, quickly changing attitude, he rushed towards it eager to see what was wrong.

The Slackoth seemed to have a large slash mark across it's belly. Before getting a closer look, an angry slacking came charging at chillacy.

But a pokeball fell out of chillacy's bag, onto slackoth.

Slackoth was sealed inside, but for how long.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
With Pikachu's ball in hand, Becky quickly made her way back to the Pokemon Center. There was no way she could continue with him in such a poor condition. Once inside, she placed the Poke Ball on the counter. "I need you to take care of this Pikachu." She told the nurse. "I found it as a stray and it's in bad condition."

"We get quite a few strays around here unfortunately." The nurse replied. "Don't worry. We'll make sure it's healthy again." She took the Pokemon to be looked at by the other nurses. She also took Bayou and Tiny's Poke Balls to the normal healing station. Becky got them back after a short amount of time, but it was quite a while before Pikachu was ready to come back out. The nurse rolled him out on a cart, where he was eating a bowl of Pokemon food. "Glad to see you're alright." Becky smiled. He was in much better shape than before, as he was clean, healthy, and being fed. However, he still had a look of sadness about him.

"I think I know this Pokemon." The nurse remarked. "Not too long ago a trainer came by this town with a Pikachu. He had just lost a battle, and was very upset with the Pokemon, so he ended up releasing it in the city. I remember this because one of my friends witnessed it, and tried to convince the boy otherwise. Unfortunately, he didn't listen, and abandoned the Pikachu. My friend tried to take care of it, but it ran away from her."

"Wow. So that's what happened? How terrible." Becky responded. "No wonder he looks so sad. I bet he still remembers his old trainer." She lightly petted him. "It'll probably take a while before he gets used to you, so you should try keeping him out of his Poke Ball for a while." The nurse suggested. Becky nodded in agreement.

After thanking the nurses, she made her way out of the Pokemon Center. The Pikachu followed along behind her. "So what should we do first?" She pondered aloud. There wasn't too much to do in the town, now that she thought about it. Perhaps she should just continue on with the journey. Just as she decided to proceed to the next route, she passed by the Gym. There was a big poster taped to the front wall. [Open Challenge! Think you've got what it takes to face Norman? One-on-one battles with Norman for a limited time only. Now accepting all challengers!] Naturally, Becky was interested. Gym Leaders were some of the strongest trainers around. It would be exciting to face one in battle. Without hesitation, she made her way inside.

The Gym resembled a traditional dojo, which one would normally associate with Fighting-types, but Norman specialized in Normal-types. The Fighting Gym was back in Dewford. Inside, she could see Norman, who was saying goodbye to a young trainer. The kid looked upset, so he probably lost the battle. Next to the Gym Leader was a huge Slaking laying on the floor. No wonder the kid lost.

Realistically, Becky had no chance of winning the fight. A Slaking was easily stronger than all of her Pokemon combined. But, for Becky, there was no turning back now. Norman had already seen her enter. Her pride wouldn't let her run away. So, she just kept on going forward.

"Oh, hello there." Norman greeted. "You must be here to take the challenge as well." He gave a tired smile. He must have had a lot of challengers today.

"Yes, I am." She said. "I've always wanted to fight a Gym Leader."

"Good, well now you can. I'm warning you though, this battle is pretty tough. You're going to have a hard time if you're a new trainer."

"I know, but I'm ready to do my best! I'm mostly doing this for battle experience, anyway." She admitted.

"At least you have a good attitude about it. Will you be using your Pikachu?" He noticed him standing behind her.

"No, he's just going to watch. I'll use a different Pokemon."

"Well I'm using this Slaking right here, so whenever you're ready, we can begin."

After a brief moment of thought, Becky pulled out one of her Poke Balls. "Let's go, Tiny!" The Slakoth emerged from her Poke Ball, looking as lazy as ever. Norman grinned. "I see you have good taste. I'll let you have the first move."

"Alright. Tiny, use Yawn!" The Slakoth opened her mouth and let out a loud yawn. This caused the Slaking to get drowsy and yawn as well. "Good strategy." Norman said. "But will it be good enough? Use Swagger, Slaking." The Slaking let out a loud roar, which confused Tiny, but also gave it more power. "This could either be to my advantage, or it could be my demise." She thought.

"Alright, now use Scratch!" Tiny didn't respond though. She was too distracted by her own thoughts. Luckily, the Slaking was slaking off as well. After a bit of that, the Slaking fell asleep, and Tiny finally looked ready to move again. "Like I said, use Scratch." She readied her claws and prepared to strike, but she ended up hitting herself instead. Becky sighed. "Focus, Tiny. You need to hit Slaking, not yourself."

After another period of waiting, Tiny was finally ready to fight again. This time she actually managed to Scratch the Slaking. However, it didn't have any reaction to being hit. Even with increased attack from the Swagger, it still did next to no damage. However, since it was still asleep, this gave Tiny another opportunity to attack. This Scratch also hit, but it also did next to no damage.

This time, the Slaking woke up. "Well that was a nice nap." Norman remarked. "Okay Slaking, use Faint Attack." He lazily lifted one of his arms into the air, then brought it down hard on Tiny. She looked badly damaged from the attack. "Quickly, use Rest!" Becky urged. The Slakoth instantly fell asleep at the command. Becky then pulled out an Awakening from her bag, and sprayed it on Tiny while Slaking was relaxing.

"You've been using some good strategies in this battle. I'm impressed that a new trainer like you has lasted this long." Norman smiled. "However, I think it's time we brought this battle to a close. Slaking, use Chip Away." The Slaking raised its arms and slammed them down powerfully, instantly knocking out Tiny.

Becky was impressed by the strength of the Slaking's attack. "Someday, Tiny will get to this level of power as well." She thought to herself as she called back Tiny to her Poke Ball. Pikachu, who was watching the whole time, was also impressed. Not only with the Slakoth, but also with Becky. She handled the battle very well, even though she knew defeat was inevitable. She didn't get upset or mad at Tiny at all, but seemed proud of her hard work. If only his old trainer had been like this.

Norman walked up to Becky and shook her hand. "You did a good job, trainer. You may not have won the battle, but that was only due to the level difference. With your smarts and some more training, you could take on the Gyms easily. Also, I don't think you ever said your name."

"Oh, sorry about that. My name is Becky!"

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you, Becky. After you get a few badges, come back and fight me again. I look forward to seeing you then."

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Forrest Top - Attempt at Catching a Lotad

Lotad was soon sealed inside the capsule, which began shaking around the floor, unfortunately, Lotad managed to scape, and the Poochyena set free from Trecko's vines with a handful of bites. Both Pokemon then went to hide, fading in oblivion as they dissapeared behind a tree.

261.png
270.png

Becky Banks - Super-Special-Awesome Reward

Becky was ready to left, when Norman interrupted her with a question:

"Say Becky, have you heard about Pokemon eggs?" Was what he said.

Before Becky could even react to this question, the Gym Leader proceeded.

"My son's friend May gave him an egg, but since he's at the Pokemon League doing his Champion stuff, he has no time for an egg... Which is the reason why I'm taking care of it, but since he already told me he's not planning on raising a seventh Pokemon... would you like to have this egg?"

Noram lifted a glass container that was laying next to him the whole time, showing it to Becky, as he patiently waited for am answer.

Togepi_Egg_Sprite.png

Becky can accept or deny this offer, in case she denies it, whoever impresses me next during a battle against Norman (if someone actually does) will get the same offer. Togepi may or may not hatch from this egg, the sprite is Togepi's egg because I like it xD
But the Pokemon that hatches will be determinated by the quality of your following posts, who knows, you might get a Deino if your posts are great enough!

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara woke up and immediately left the town, I'm so far behind, holy arceus! Where do I go. I know, I'll visit Norman, he'll love to see my new Normal type pokemon. She released Orrie and her Poliwag. "What should I name you.?" They all walked toward the next town, "Why don't I name you Fire so when I release you I can yell go Fire and people will think you're a Fire type." Sara laughed, knowing that wouldn't work. "Maybe Norman can have an idea."

She gave a loud sigh, "Then he will think I'm uncreative, why is naming so hard!" She yelled. Both of the pokemon were trotting ahead, oblivious to the turmoil of their trainer. "Maybe I should ask another trainer." She noticed a boy with an orange hat, "Hey you!"

"I bet you want to battle huh." The boy said.

"Uh, what no I just needed..."

"Let's battle!" He threw out a Zigzagoon

"Uh, what why are you," She sighed, and called in Zigzagoon. "I guess this is some weird rule."

"Zigzagoon use tackle!" The boy yelled. Sara instructed hers to do the same. They both hit each other but Orrie took much more damage. "Haha! My Zigzagoon is much stronger than yours." Orrie stood back up and growled.

"Uh, I have no idea what you mean by that but I don't think you should be laughing." She instructed Orrie to use another tackle, "This time prep it more, the way he is doing it isn't the way we trained." Orrie got ready for the tackle.

The boy told his Zigzagoon to attack, the Pokemon charged forward recklessly. Orrie charged forward and they collided again. This time the boy's Zigzagoon fell over, he stood up again. "Zigzagoon use headbutt."

"Wait what, what's the difference." The boy's Zigzagoon charged and hit Orrie. Orrie fell over and could barely stand back up, "Oh what, how does that." She sighed! "Well come back here Orrie, go Fire!" Ick I don't like the sound of that. She applied a potion onto Zigzagoon, "Sit here for a bit." She turned to the fight.

"Okay Poliwag hit the Zigzagoon in the face with your tail." Poliwag did as she said and Sara began laughing, "That's hilarious."

The boy became angry and started complaining. Sara pulled out her pokedex, "What moves do you have I wonder." Does this say bubble, that sounds hilarious. "Use bubble!" Poliwag did as she said, blowing bubbles in the face of Zigzagoon. This made Sara roll on the ground cracking up. The Zigzagoon had actually taken damage and was struggling to stand up. Sara could barely speak but gave another order, "Do it again, ha, use bubble."

The boy's Zigzagoon charged through the bubble and hit Poliwag hard, knocking it out. Zigzagoon had taken significant damage, and Sara had stopped laughing, "Dude, you should've backed off. Go Orrie, I want you to use headbutt like that one just did." This time Orrie pulled off a direct hit and knocked the boy's Zigzagoon out. Sara put both of her Pokemon in their balls and looked toward the boy, "You know, why don't you take one of these." She tossed him a potion. "I don't think it wakes them up, but it should fix up its bruises."

The boy stood up, "Wow thanks lady, you really are a strong trainer." Sara pat his head and walked toward the city.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jerome stared down the familiar streets from his past they looked to be in worse condition than they had been when he had last left them. Jerome began walking forward, not even thinking about how he had gotten there Walking over some rubble that had fallen from the building to his right Jerome looked up for the first time. All the tops of the buildings seemed destroyed and in fact it looked like there had been a war there. Taking a deep breath Jerome almost gagged on the smell of filth, waste, and he swore he also caught a hint of rotting flesh in that whiff too. All of a sudden he heard a violent scream of pain and misery. Jerome instantly recognized the voice and it sent chills down his spine. He started running in the direction of the voice, and he passed through the ruins of several buildings until he burst through a set of doors, the screams were definitely coming from behind it…

Jerome suddenly woke up as his body shook violently as it glowed purple. Looking over to his right, while a cold sweat dripped from his brow, Jerome looked directly at Skyna who standing right there next to him on the bed while she used her Psychic abilities to shake him awake. "Rallllll?" asked a voice that Jerome could only describe as a ghostly. It was much like a young girl's voice but it had a wispy sound with a slight hint of something almost peaceful about it. The Ralts seemed concerned as it looked at Jerome with bright fiery orange eyes from behind her sky blue hair. After looking at Skyna for a second Jerome said, "Just a nightmare… don't worry about it." He sat up as he thought about the nightmare for a second before looking back at his Ralts, who seemed to be very concerned about her new master. Jerome didn't realize that the Ralts could feel his emotions both when he was awake and when he was asleep, and it trusted his feelings more than his words.

Trying to change the subject, Jerome said to the Ralts with a calm voice,
"We need to get you a haircut or something… that bowl cut looks hideous." This took the Ralts off guard both in the subject matter, and how fast the human seemed to mostly suppress his feelings from the nightmare.

"Raaa?" asked the Ralts as she ran her hand through her hair. While the Ralts was distracted with her own hair, Jerome then looked around the room for the first time and noticed his Torchic was asleep on the couch while random items were thrown all across the room. The TV was now on the floor screen facing the roof, the bedside lamp was where the TV was, there was a cup on one of the fan's blades, and various other forms of randomness.

"What happened here?" muttered Jerome as he got up and started to put things back where they belonged.

The Ralts made some noise while blushing a little indicating she had done this. Jerome looked at her for a second with a lifted eyebrow before shrugging and getting up so he could correct the room. The Ralts had been practicing her abilities by moving stuff around, and had gotten a little carried away. Instead of putting stuff back she had just grabbed something else with her Psychic abilities and moved it somewhere new. The Ralts started to help with putting things back using her Psychic abilities to move things around after Jerome had already moved the lamp and TV back in their proper positions.

After correcting the room for the most part Jerome left with his Pokemon and checked out of the "hotel." Bracing the back of his head with his hands so his elbows were sticking out either side of his head Jerome walked toward the outskirts of the town. He happened to pass by the Pokemon Gym and some well dressed man noticed him and walked up to Jerome.

"Sir, you should try to challenge Norman the Gym leader here," said the man.

"Why should I?" asked Jerome lifting an eyebrow.

"Well don't you want to be a pokemon master?" asked the man with a smile.

"Nope," replied Jerome in a cool tone.

"Um… well… you should challenge him… you know to see how a real trainer raises their Pokemon. You never know it might inspire you to greatness," replied the man trying to convince the young man to battle the town's gym.

"Not interested," replied Jerome starting to get irritated at the man. Skyna saw this as a chance to once prove herself and she pulled on Jerome's pants and motioned toward the Gym.

"You want to battle?" asked Jerome lifting an eyebrow at his Ralts as she nodded.

"That is the spirit little one!" said the man smiling at the Ralts.

"Fine we'll battle him," muttered Jerome as he walked toward the gym. Skyna was nervous but ready to prove herself. As they entered the gym a girl holding an egg walked out. Jerome almost ran into her as he entered, but he was able to quickly change direction and move out of her way.
Once inside the Gym Jerome looked around. It looked like the inside of one of those martial art schools, but the massive room that made up the middle was a good deal larger than your traditional dojo. Also the wooden floor looked much newer than most of the building, likely from being replaced after an intense battle.

"Wow another challenger already! Good to see so many new trainers trying to make their mark," said the man who had to be in his forties. He then looked at Jerome's Pokemon and said, "So which one will I be fighting today?"
Jerome didn't need to answer as his Ralts walked up to the gym floor and looked ready to battle. Norman smiled at the Ralts and he looked at his own Pokeball for a second before releasing his Slaking. He hadn't had time to heal his Pokemon but he knew it wouldn't matter for this fight. Seeing the much larger Pokemon made Jerome nervous as he looked down at his Ralts, who stood her ground.

In reality the vastly stronger Slaking terrified Skyna, but she wasn't going to let her fear control her this time. Suddenly her master spoke in a whisper, "Ok Skyna… this battle avoid getting hit at all costs… hit when you can but focus on not getting hit by that thing." She nodded and focused a little making a double of herself out of Psychic energy. Both her and the double glowed a little and moved toward the Slaking on little legs. Both Skyna and her clone motioned toward a nearby water bucket. The bucket glowed and then flew at the Slaking, hitting it in the head and splashing dirty soapy water all over the lazy Pokemon's face.

The Slaking decided to pay attention to the small Pokemon after that and darted at her suddenly. The Slaking swiped at one of the Skynas, but his massive paw only hit thin air and the illusion that was standing there. The illusion was destroyed by the attack but Skyna was unharmed. The Slaking then lay back down as if the one attack had been extremely exhausting. Skyna, excided by how well her clone worked, summoned up another one. She then picked up the mop with her psychic energy and slung it at the Slaking. Guiding the wooden missile, Skyna managed to hit the Slaking in the left eye.
The Slaking roared in pain and suddenly decided this pest had to go. Skyna started to move herself and her clone around as the angry Slaking stood up and looked at Skyna and her clone. Instead of directly attacking the Ralts, the Slaking pounded the floor with his massive paws, causing the floorboards to vibrate and burst upward. The fake Skyna was unaffected by the moving floor, but the real Skyna was taken completely off guard and was knocked down. The Slaking then shot over to the stunned Skyna, grabbed her and slammed her against the ground in front of him. The Slaking then lifted both arms to finish off his faint attack with a massive two handed slam finish.
Skyna was in pain and tried to hold off the coming attack with her psychic energy as she began to cry in fear. The massive fists came down and Skyna closed her eyes and braced for the devastating attack. Just as she was about to be clobbered she felt herself being sucked into her Pokeball.

Jerome let out a sigh and said, "You win I have no desire to see Skyna get beat into the ground by your Pokemon, and it is pretty clear my Ralts was outmatched from the start."

Norman nodded and said, "It was a noble effort… you should come back when your Pokemon are stronger."

"I doubt I will… I have no interest in badges," said Jerome as he turned to leave. Jerome nudged his sleeping Torchic with his toe to wake him up as he left the gym, keeping his Ralts in her Pokeball for the time being.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Chapter 1: Littleroot Town
Tyler Mandival

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Tyler hollered out as he stumbled in to the Pokemon Lab. Just getting to Littleroot Town was an adventure for Tyler. Having spent his whole life in Fallarbor, Tyler never really ventured outside of Fallarbor Town. The farthest he'd gone from home was to Lavaridge Town to visit Flannery with Lanette. In fact, the the only time he'd left town, was to visit Lanette who lived down Route 114. Getting out was tough, but a step in the right direction for the young adventurer. And now, he was in the town of the very trainer that Lanette talked about with as high appraise as he him self wanted from her. The place he started his journey, the same way Tyler was today.

"I almost thought you weren't going to show up!" shouted a voice from behind a desk. Out popped a well built man wearing a white lab coat, none other than Professor Birch! The man had a disapproving, yet welcoming face, as the young trainer approached him. "The other trainers have all come and gone by now. Nonetheless, its time for you to start your adventure!"

"Sorry about that Professor, I haven't really gotten accustom to traveling on my own so far. I'm just glad to be here to meet my new companion! As for my pokemon, what kind will I be getting? I'd like a strong pokemon, like a fire type, or an electric type!" said an enthusiastic Tyler.

Regretfully, Birch said, "Hate to break it to you, but all the pokemon have been chosen accept for the grass type pokemon. It is still quite the..."

"A grass type? Grass type aren't strong! I've made my way all the way here, just to get let down? How could this..." Tyler interrupted, though Tyler was silenced by the loud bang that came from the back of the Lab.

As Tyler and Professor Birch entered the back portion of the lab, they found an angry looking Treecko leaning against the wall with a piece of wheat in its mouth. Across the room was dent in the wall and a Everstone broken on the floor beneath it. "Oh Treecko..." the Professor sighed. "I guess it heard you talking in the front. Treecko is a very short-tempered pokemon, being abandoned before by its original trainer. It must of used fling to take out its anger... and my last remaining everstone."

"Oh, I'm very sorry Treecko. I had no idea." Tyler said to the small green grass type before he turned to the Professor. "Professor if its alright with Treecko, I'd still like to take him with me on my adventure. He seems like a very admirable pokemon and I'd be honored to take him."

The small gecko looked up to Tyler with approving eyes and let out a cheerful "Treeee-ckooo!"

The Professor chuckled, smiled, and said "Well that settles it. I'll give you a Pokedex and some pokeballs and you can set out on your Journey. Before you leave, would you like to name your partner?"

"Ummm, sure!" Tyler said. He look down to Treecko and asked "How does Sanjiro sound?" The Treecko looked back quizzically at Tyler. He replied by saying "The name Sanjiro means, admirable or of high praise."

The Treecko glanced back cheerfully and said "Treeeee-cko!"

"That settles it then! We're off! Thank you Professor." With that, Tyler and Sanjiro departed from the lab, off through Littleroot Town to their first adventure on Route 101.

Route 101

The two entered down the past with high hopes for what they might find. The route had the smell of a soft pine needle, drifting through the air without a care in the world. Quite fitting for a start to a journey. The sun was high in the sky and the only sounds to be heard were the whispering of the breeze and the faint rustling that came from the occasional patch of tall grass.

"What do you want to do now Sanjiro? How about we try and find you a new teammate to start our journey?" Tyler questioned Sanjiro. The gecko replied with a nod and they ducked off to the side, out of sight, to see if they could find any pokemon wandering about. They saw a Wurmple sitting in the trees and to left of them they saw a small flock of Pidgeys.

"I guess we'll go try and catch a Pidge... wait! Over there!" Tyler silently exclaimed! Just beyond the reach of Tyler's outstretched hand, was two little red triangles, sticking out of the grass. "I remember what that is, that's a Ralts! Lanette, my friend at home, told me about these guys. When they grow up they can be quite the force to reckon with! What do you say Sanjiro?"

The Treecko nodded and started toward the small pokemon. "Treecko use Absorb." Tyler whispered. The Treecko put out its hand and started taking the energy from the Ralts. The Ralts countered with a growl which knocked Sanjiro back. Sanjiro then picked up a hard rock and flung it at the Ralts to which the rock started to faintly glow and was sent back at Sanjiro. Suprised, the rock landed right in Sanjiro's core. Sanjiro, obviously weak, launched back an endeavor in retaliation. The move hit and the Ralts was reduced to Sanjiro's state.

"Okay Sanjiro, thats enough!" Tyler shouted! "This ones for you Lanette..." He proceeded to whisper then threw the pokeball at the creature. The Ralts was enclosed in the ball as Tyler waited to see what would happen in response to his first attempt at catching a pokemon...

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Tyler Mandival - Attempt at catching a Ralts

With haste, Tyler threw a Pokeball at the wild Ralts, quickly enclosing it inside the capsule. The Pokeball began rocking around as Tyler awaited the results.

One...

Two...​

Oh no! Ralts broke free! It has not fainted, however, so Tyler might catch it if he tries again!

280.gif

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara at Petalburg
She walked into town and immediately headed to the building with the red roof, "Hopefully this is where they give free medical healing," I think I'll see Norman when I'm strong enough to beat him, I just know that I will. Didn't he say he had a child? She walked through the sliding glass doors seeing a woman with pink hair and a nurse's outfit.

"Excuse me ma'am I need you take my Pokemon and make them better." Sara placed the two poke balls on the counter, "I'm sort of in a hurry, I need to get to my first gym."

"Well if you need directions there is a map right over there, I will take care of your Pokemon in the meantime." She smiled brightly, and Sara thanked her.

She walked over to the map and looked it over, Rustboro huh, looks like I have to go through a forest... she looked at the map looking for a different route, I didn't like going through that forest the first time, but now crazy trainers wan to battle me randomly. She face palmed and sighed, "Why is Pokemon so complicated!?" She thought aloud. She went back to the counter, "Uh, are you done?"

"Indeed we are, please have a nice day!" She smiled again and said her departure cheerily.

"Uh you too, thanks I guess." She walked out and began walking to the forest. She decided that she would use the forest as a place to train, she had no idea what the first gym would be. She released both of her Pokemon, "I'm going to train you both at the same time, that is to say that we will fight two Pokemon at a time, this way I can use both of you evenly." She thought about the best way to go about fighting with two Pokemon at once, "Well I suppose Orrie is much more physical than you are Poliwag, so I think what we should do is make you support." She decided that no matter what she would win, at least enough to beat Norman then maybe she could go back to Orre and stop and Cipher.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Route 101

"Dang it!" the new trainer shouted in anxiety. Dissappointed, Tyler shook it off. "Oh well, lets keep on trying!" Tyler looked at the Ralts. It had managed to escape the pokeball but was obviously still very weak. He really wanted this one. He wanted to catch the first pokemon he tried for so badly. As the Ralts tried to sneak back into the woods, Tyler ordered "Sanjiro use-"

He looked down at his pokemon. He'd forgotten that with that endeavor, the Treecko was in the same shape as Ralts. "Forget it Sanjiro, you tried your best, come back." and with that the small wood gecko returned to his pokeball. Walking towards a tree, Tyler picked off an oran berry and rolled it towards the Ralts. "Take this little guy, you were a worthy opponent, you deserve it."

With that the Ralts took the berry and slugged back into the woods. "Ughhhhh..." sighed Tyler. Then looking up, he exclaimed "There's always more pokemon to catch!" and kept moving to Oakdale Town.

Oakdale Town

Upon entering Oakdale Town, Tyler took a look around until he approached the Pokemon Center on the west side of town. On entrance, Tyler was greeted by a smiling Nurse Joy. "Hello, welcome to the Pokemon Center. How may I help you today?"

"Hello, I have my Treecko here. He got knocked up a little in battle. I was hoping you could treat him." Tyler asked the pink haired woman.

"Why certainly, I'd be delighted!" she responded. "I'll take a look at him, why don't you come back for the little guy. It might be a while."

"I'll wait, I want to see him as soon as he's better! Then we can continue our journey!!!" Tyler pleaded with the Nurse. With a nod from the Nurse, Tyler took a seat at one of the near by tables. "What an awesome day so far, I wonder what's next?" he wondered as he waited.

Back