• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Various Tilesets (DPPt, HGSS, BW)

Keep ripping?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
I have an ultimate tileset containing DPPt/HGSS/BW tiles all in one. They are categorized in "Nature, City, Indoor, and Cave"

Credit:
Warpras
Heavy-Metal-Lover
UltimoSpriter
Kyle-Dove
Dewitty
TyranitarDark
xAlien95
zetavares852
DarkDragonn
Jotaaz
WesleyFG
PeekyChew
Godofthesky
LTSeraa
DonLawride
Chae
Myself (Resizing, and of course finding the tiles)

If you guys want to add to it, thats great, but you have to resize (I have severe back pains from bending over at the for hours putting them in their positions perfectly. And no I'm not 70, I just have some back issues. Born with it) and put them in the original tileset available to download.

I don't mean to be rude, but if you have a problem with what I'm doing, then just don't use them, and go somewhere else. I'm getting awfully annoyed at people going like, "Did you get permission?" "Why did you take my tiles"

Thanks, and happy Mapping!!! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry, but if you've taken those off my tileset/screenshots which it looks like you have, i'd like you to remove them

You didn't ask permission, and the tiles were never public

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Sorry, but if you've taken those off my tileset/screenshots which it looks like you have, i'd like you to remove them

Actually no.
Nothing here is yours, I've seen these tilesets around.
They are used in Crazy Ninja Kid's HGSS pack.
But still, he's not allowed to claim these as his own.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Actually no.

Some of the tiles in that tileset are, i know since i also use it, but the tiles at the bottom aren't from the tileset.

Most of those have actually come from Lightning Yellow
The most obvious being the boats in the water, they a bad upscaling from this screenshot
Vermilion%20City.png

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023

Sorry, but these were actually givin to me by a friend, and he said you were okay with it, and to give credit to you...I will remove
I hope you forgive me, I can't apologize enough...
Ben

Actually no.
I've seen them in the Pokemon Script Project(French Website) and they gave me permission to show these

All "errors" have been sorted out, I now have the right to fully show these tiles:) Enjoy!

If you have any tiles you would like to add, PM me

Last edited:

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
Every time these whole dramas pop up about "oh you stole my tilesets", I can't help but giggle. You're all stealing from Nintendo, ripping them from a game does not mean they're suddenly somehow yours.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Every time these whole dramas pop up about "oh you stole my tilesets", I can't help but giggle. You're all stealing from Nintendo, ripping them from a game does not mean they're suddenly somehow yours.

People assuming that the tiles are always ripped makes my laugh. :). There are people out there who do happen to make their own tiles, when someone steals them, they are allowed to get all worked up about it considering it was their work :)

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years

People assuming that the tiles are always ripped makes my laugh. :). There are people out there who do happen to make their own tiles, when someone steals them, they are allowed to get all worked up about it considering it was their work :)

Both assuming and claiming ownership of tiles isn't right because as Theik pointed out; they're from Nintendo and belong to Nintendo. May I just point out that you can't really rip tilesets from NDS games with much ease because Nintendo stopped using tilesets after Pokémon Emerald was released and started using textures instead, as of D/P/Pt and henceforth.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Well, all I know is, they were given to me by a friend, and said to give credit to people from the first post by me. I had no intention of stealing or claiming ownership for them. Plus, that "friend" is not trustworthy, and not my friend anymore. I apologize to anyone who was negatively affected by this thread.
Case closed, just use the resources, if you want the resources.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Hi guys! I've launched Project B2W2! Its a project where we gather sources, turn them in to RMXP material, so we can use latest resources. It won't be easy, because NDS resources are not easy to use for RMXP, but If you're interested, PM me or if you've started something like this already, then join in!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Both assuming and claiming ownership of tiles isn't right because as Theik pointed out; they're from Nintendo and belong to Nintendo. May I just point out that you can't really rip tilesets from NDS games with much ease because Nintendo stopped using tilesets after Pokémon Emerald was released and started using textures instead, as of D/P/Pt and henceforth.

Custom tilesets have no relation whatsoever to Nintendo, and the artist who made them has every right to use them how they want, and claim ownership however they want. And that's what Carmaniac was talking a bout, custom tilesets. Not all of the are ripped. Ripped Tilesets are using graphics created by Nintendo, therefore, whether the ripper edits the tiles or not, the graphics do belong to Nintendo; however, entirely new graphics, no matter what their intended purpose is, are not copyrighted or property of Nintendo in any way, only the property of the creator.

Copyright does not extend beyond the original creations of the developers, so ownership by Nintendo does not happen until either copyrighted Pokemon designs are used, graphics assets from their games are taken directly, or the name Pokémon is used.

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
Custom tilesets have no relation whatsoever to Nintendo, and the artist who made them has every right to use them how they want, and claim ownership however they want. And that's what Carmaniac was talking a bout, custom tilesets. Not all of the are ripped. Ripped Tilesets are using graphics created by Nintendo, therefore, whether the ripper edits the tiles or not, the graphics do belong to Nintendo; however, entirely new graphics, no matter what their intended purpose is, are not copyrighted or property of Nintendo in any way, only the property of the creator.

Copyright does not extend beyond the original creations of the developers, so ownership by Nintendo does not happen until either copyrighted Pokemon designs are used, graphics assets from their games are taken directly, or the name Pokémon is used.

Right, so if I understood what you said, this is perfectly okay to show these here?

JokerBen

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 29, 2023
reupload as png pls.. its only a low quality jpg version at the moment

Please go to the BGFM Essentials Kit. It will have the tileset, along with other usefull items

Moderators plz close this!

1. Because this tileset is in the BGFM Essentials Kit
2. Because, it gives headaches to upload and give links

Lol, ppl. Just go to the BGFM Kit

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Thread closed, but only because I just happened to notice Ben's post and not because he PM'd me about it (which he should have done but didn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back