• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
fiiiiine... so i'm getting tons of japanese arceus from the GTS for dittos. now lets see if i can trade the arceus for some other events like victini, keldeo and moletta.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've been having wifi troubles with my trading lately. :( I've only tried to trade with two people and I have the info in correctly (my wifi works with Pokecheck) and I change my DNS back to my home wifi when I'm done so that I can trade, but no one ever shows up in the room. idk what I'm doing. :(

On a good note, I RNG'd an awesome shiny Shinx for my pair Nick. :) And did a request for another one of our favorite smods, Luke. A super cool shiny Cranidos with ICE BEAM. I was excited about that.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I've been having wifi troubles with my trading lately. :( I've only tried to trade with two people and I have the info in correctly (my wifi works with Pokecheck) and I change my DNS back to my home wifi when I'm done so that I can trade, but no one ever shows up in the room. idk what I'm doing. :(

On a good note, I RNG'd an awesome shiny Shinx for my pair Nick. :) And did a request for another one of our favorite smods, Luke. A super cool shiny Cranidos with ICE BEAM. I was excited about that.

I don't have a solution to your problem, but you can still trade with people even with the Pokecheck DNS. >.>

Can you use the normal GTS with your DNS?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can? Maybe I should try that instead. I just found it odd I could use Pokecheck, but I'm having trouble with seeing people in the wifi room. Or maybe it's not me and it's them, idek. :(

I haven't tried GTS with my normal DNS.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
the normal GTS hasn't worked with me when i use a different DNS but strangly enough the random match ups did. its probably your friends. if i had a nickel for every hour i spent waiting on friends in the wifi room, i could buy pokemon white 2 with only like 34 dollars coming from my wallet

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Hmm...wifi problems. I've had that specific problem happen to me. It usually resolves itself for me. Idk what the actual reason for it could be. Bad connection between 2 players? I dunno.

As for the GTS, iirc the game auto acquires it whenever you connect to nintendo's servers. If you set it to something else obviously it's not gonna work.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's really starting to bug me that all the Trade Corner challenges are exclusively for RNGers. RNG does not encompass the whole of Trade Corner. There is no reason that IV breeders should be excluded from these challenges. It's not like we would have some sort of advantage, we just enjoy a different way of getting high quality Pokemon and are willing to put the time into it. I'm not gonna twist anyone's arm over this, but it's something to think about.

I had to breed a Pokemon who set off Pokecheck's "Likely RNGed or Edited" filter in the legality analysis, just to participate in the last challenge. I'd rather not lie and would prefer to proudly say that I IV bred whatever entries I do.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Just to clear something up. There was a mistake when I posted the new challenge. It's not exclusive to RNG abusers. Open to all who want to participate.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
have you tried a timer ball? or do they not have them in whatever game your playing?

I can't speak for Musica, but I can only assume he wants his Lugia to be caught in a Heavy Ball. As for why anyone would want to do that over something more convenient, it's for aesthetics.

Also, Heavy Balls are only available in HG/SS.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Timer Balls exist in HGSS :P But in no way mah Lugia gonna stay in a ball ain't its color.

oh yeah? all of my legendarys are caught in normal pokeballs! just to let them know who's boss.

EDIT: looks like i'll need a partner for the new challenge, any takers?

Last edited:

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
oh yeah? all of my legendarys are caught in normal pokeballs! just to let them know who's boss.

EDIT: looks like i'll need a partner for the new challenge, any takers?

He isn't doing it to show off his luck roosterman, he's doing it for the aesthetics of having a ball with a matching color scheme.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It's nice to have the ball match n_n even if it makes it more difficult ;-;

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
He isn't doing it to show off his luck roosterman, he's doing it for the aesthetics of having a ball with a matching color scheme.

yeah, yeah, i know. i was just trying to find a way to brag about catching all my legendaries in pokeballs. :P and luck has nothin to do with it. i gots me system. i call it: watch a movie while chucking pokeballs at a paralyzed cressilia. i actually got it on the first try though.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Still having wifi troubles. :( I tried to trade with Nick and we didn't show up for each other in the wifi room, and this is the third person this has happened with. I've tried my home DNS and Pokecheck's DNS and can't get people to show up in wifi, but I can use the GTS with Pokecheck. I have no clue what's wrong. :/

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
Still having wifi troubles. :( I tried to trade with Nick and we didn't show up for each other in the wifi room, and this is the third person this has happened with. I've tried my home DNS and Pokecheck's DNS and can't get people to show up in wifi, but I can use the GTS with Pokecheck. I have no clue what's wrong. :/
i'm pretty sure you would've done this already but just making sure, you have registered each other in your pal pads right?
hey guys! my post per day average is back up to 1 per day! woot woot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back