• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Rate my team ;D

Years
Ya, just made a team to fight against my friend. I don't know what pokemon he's gonna use so I tried to make a team that can handle a bunch of different types. Hopefully it's a decent team :D

Typhlosion (Have to have him <3)
Ev's: SpA 252, Spe 176, Atk 80
Item: Choice scarf
Rash

Eruption
Focus Blast
Fire Blast
Earthquake (doesn't have the right iv's for hidden power grass QQ)

Scizor
Ev's: Hp 4, Atk 252, Spe 252
Item: Life orb
Adamant

Swords dance
bullet punch
bick break
roost

Swampert
Ev's: Hp 248, Def 216, SpD 44
Item: Leftovers
Relaxed

Stealth rock
earthquake
ice beam
Roar

Rhyperior
Ev's: Hp 140, Atk 252, Def 32, Spe 84
Item: leftovers
Adamant

Earthquake
stone edge
Megahorn
Substitute

Skarmory
Ev's: Hp 252, Def 240, Spe 16
Impish

Spikes
Whirlwind (not sure how to get this so need another move o.o)
roost
brave bird (found out this wasn't a tm so he has aerial ace instead)

Dragonite
Ev's: Atk 252, Spd 4, Spe 252
Item: choice band
adamant

agility (cause he doesn't have uber speed, but might change if it's useless)
Outrage
fire punch
dragon claw

EDIT: added ev's cause i forgot to before :P

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Swampert needs to be in the lead slot. Thanks to its typing and bulk, it can take a hit and get SR up early.

I'd replace Typhlosion with something more useful, like Infernape:
-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 64 Atk/252 SAtk/192 Spe
Item: Life Orb

For Dragonite, I'd replace Agility with Dragon Dance. Sure, it doesn't boost Speed as fast, but it also boosts the power of Dragonite's moves. You can replace Dragon Claw OR Outrage with Earthquake.

Years
Typhlosion is the only one i wont take out. I love him too much ;D
As for dragonite, dragon dance seems pretty good so i'll add that. And i'll probably change dragon claw for earthquake.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: oh ya, and i was planning on leading with swampert. Figured setting up stealth rock fast would help.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
You can't have a setup move and Choice Band on the same Pokemon.
Replace the CB with a Lum Berry/Yache Berry/Life Orb.

Years
Rly? I usually find that typhlosion can handle gengars pretty well, especially with eruption.

I just battled one of my friends today and his alakazam one shotted my swampert with a grass move. My rhyperior got surfed by his swampert, and my dragonite got destroyed by his salamence. That battle just went completely horrible.
The next battle i started with skarmory instead, but he switched up his team and had an infernape out, i switched to swampert, but he had no water moves which kinda ticked me off, but i was able to earthquake him and 1hit ko it. Then he sent out slaking, and i decided to switch to dragonite, i outraged the next 3 guys in his team with him. Then he was confused and almost died against honchkrow. Switched to typhlosion and finished him off.
So, the first battle went really bad, but thw second one was really easy. Any suggestions on how to do better next time? Like i was thinking of changeing ice beam on my swampert to surf. And i might need an electric or grass move somewhere on my team
After checking out my team it doesn't seem to have a lot of variety in the moves. Im not really sure wat to do here though.

EDIT: am thinking of changeing skarmory foe something else cause i didnt really like it that much. Maybe switch for a grass or electric guy? Maybe electivire? Im not rly sure though.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Rly? I usually find that typhlosion can handle gengars pretty well, especially with eruption.

I just battled one of my friends today and his alakazam one shotted my swampert with a grass move. My rhyperior got surfed by his swampert, and my dragonite got destroyed by his salamence. That battle just went completely horrible.
The next battle i started with skarmory instead, but he switched up his team and had an infernape out, i switched to swampert, but he had no water moves which kinda ticked me off, but i was able to earthquake him and 1hit ko it. Then he sent out slaking, and i decided to switch to dragonite, i outraged the next 3 guys in his team with him. Then he was confused and almost died against honchkrow. Switched to typhlosion and finished him off.
So, the first battle went really bad, but thw second one was really easy. Any suggestions on how to do better next time? Like i was thinking of changeing ice beam on my swampert to surf. And i might need an electric or grass move somewhere on my team
After checking out my team it doesn't seem to have a lot of variety in the moves. Im not really sure wat to do here though.

EDIT: am thinking of changeing skarmory foe something else cause i didnt really like it that much. Maybe switch for a grass or electric guy? Maybe electivire? Im not rly sure though.
How about Zapdos? It can go offensively or defensively:

Offensive:
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Roost
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Defensive:
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Heat Wave/Roar
-Hidden Power (Grass/Ice)
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spe

or

-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Thunder Wave/Light Screen
-Heat Wave/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/228 SDef/32 Spe

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
Use a Rotom forme.
Electivire < Zapdos/Rotom (no ground resist)
If you want something similar to Skarmory, use Forretress.

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
Years
Nice team ^^ But,Swampert could know toxic AND/OR stealth rock plus the roar. But which one does more damage when you use roar,I believe toxic does.Even so,its great as it is!

Uhh, i dont like to use legendaries :P
Me neither,I feel like im cheating! But,darkrai is nearly invincble! With,double team,dark void,nightmere,and focus punch! I use it to capture The strong ledgenarys. And my sceptile and its false swipe to catch weak wilds! :)

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Uh you guys do realize that there is a massive difference between legendaries and ubers ?

Darkrai is UBER and thus banned, Zapdos is legendary and thus not banned, huge dfference. Most legends have some sort of problem and are on par with or sometimes even weaker than normal pokemon. For example, Zapdos is Stealth Rock weak and things like Celebi have a whopping 7 weaknesses.

The mindset that legendaries (dont confuse this with Ubers) are too strong stops you improving and cuts your options greatly and is frankly silly.

Years
Ok, just chsnged skarmory with lanturn
Nature: calm
Ev's: 40 hp, 76 def, 140 SpA, 252 SpD
Leftovers

Surf
Lightningbolt
Ice beam
Thunder wave

He looks like he can take care of a few pokemon with his variety of moves. My team was missing water and electric moves and he helps there. He can switch in on a few different guys and thunder wave them. Hopefully he does a decent job tomorrow against my friend :P

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
Years
well i would really love make a team for competitive battling but i always will include a blissey in my team for this reason
stealth rock
reflect/light screen(if it learns,depends on pokemon defenses whether they are spdf or defense)
toxic spikes if it learns
and just a general stab move

now i always said if a poke can learn those first 3 moves i would use him first to make the rest of the battle go smoothly just think about it

1. a pokemon gets hurt when swithched in
2. gets poisoned when swithched in
3. boosts defense/dp defense whatever

how easy is that! i mighten be able for blissey to do that but it is the best option because of its insanely high hp!

Back