• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Magikarps Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
This hack is pretty odd, but also pretty cool.
I wouldn't mind Magikarp as a starter, as long as his attack stats are raised and his base exp.
I already read you have changed the stats which is good :)
As long as the gameplay is fun I dont see the problem with starting with magikarp.
good luck on this, will you be updating anytime soon?

Years
EliteReiko - Good to know you're checking back, it's going alright, just flattening some scripting bugs and all that. The open trial beta should be ready in the next week.

kebbles - Cheers, the stats have been altered yes, so no problem fighting zigzagoons and such in the first route. As for the gameplay, I'm sure you'll have some fun trying to find all of the easter eggs/secrets that are already in the game.

Years
The hack will be uploaded soon, just have to upload it and you can let me know what you think, report a bug, ask questions and any thing else that is relivent towards this hack.

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Isn't giving ROM illegal here? Anyway, here another Bug/Glitch:

- When you want to go out of the Petalburg City and reach Route 104, a textbox will appear with no sprite.
- Fred goes into a wrong place when he want to battle using Earl's Pokemon.
- If you talk to Earl again, the text will be messed up.
- I found a trainer named Karen using a LV. 19 Exploud in Route 116.

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I got half way threw the first route and stopped playing.
I dont wanna be mean but this is bad, it was like playing ruby just startibg with magikarp and why was tackle not very effective on magikarp? That was weird..
You really need to improve everything, especially the story.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Haven't played it yet but here are my thoughts.
- You could improve the maps.
- Idk, If you changed the names of the original Ruby maps but you should.
- You should make a new event in the beginning instead of the player choosing from a bag.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Putting shine on Magikarp? Not bad.
And yes you need to improve your mapping for better game. :3
So good luck with this hack!

Years
Thanks for your feedback guys, I have taken it in to concideration and realised that it did need a bit of remapping. So, this has been changed and there is now a new way to get the Magikarp. (Note on this point: I was thinking of adding in the following, you start with pokemon then go on a hunt for the magikarp - but then I realised you guys need to start with the magikarp so that was quickly scrapped.)

So now theres a whole new path to follow and will be quite a few new areas! So keep the ideas comming and if you have any ideas you want to chip in just let me know and I'll think about it.

Also take in the fact I am English. So there will be a few differences in spellings and such. Mainly with the 's' and 'z' things.

Think thats it... I have been working on it since it was posted for the quick beta and it has been changed dramatically since.

So that is all until the next update. And again, thanks for the feedback!

Years
@ Kebbles because its a Rock Type xD

Anyway i found 2 text errors and a bug and i will post the screens later when i get my other SD Card :D
The hack wasnt that good and it felt like playing Ruby/Sapphire but this was only a demo of a very early stage so i will be waiting for future releases
I liked the funny dialogues though, good luck with this hack and next time please post the patch and not a Rom link :P

Years
@EliteReiko - Yeah, sorry, it was a limited time only beta release to see what people thought of the opening and such. But the neck release is for mapping mostly.

@ElitePokes - Some people don't look before posting do they... And alright then, let me know where they are and I'll get to it and this was only for the text and such. The next release is for mapping and mixing up how the game starts. Don't worry, I will next time.

@Razoof - Good to hear, hope you'll grab a copy of the next beta release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back