• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Another Online Extension?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Would anyone actually want to see another online extension to the games a la the Dream World? Do you think that they'll keep it and just add it onto the new generation or will it become Unova exclusive? Would you enjoy another online add-on? Discuss.

I would rather that development time head into DLCs and the actual game myself. I thought the Dream World was cumbersome and really limiting. I'm not a fan of mechanics that force me to head back every single day to stay on top of things, and I thought that the minigames were quite boring and repetitive. If there was a separate online thing, I'd want it to be like an extension to the GTS or something. Uploading a few boxes of Pokemon, trading them online quickly with others, and then downloading them back in would be so convenient and really nice.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really hope we don't get something like Dream World. I used it one time and hated it, and I don't hear a lot of good things about it from the people that did use it often. And the only time I actually used it was just to get the Arceus and I decided to give it a try. My mistake. lol

I agree something like Pokemon Box would be nice, or just focusing more on the DLC stuff. Having the whole online side stuff though...meh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't know...but if they can update DW I would much appreciate it, that thing needs to be made more fun so people would actually play it for fun rather than it just being a seen as a chore to get special mons.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If they're making some new changes to the Pokémon Global Link... then I would hope to see 3D characters in the Dream World function and other stuff. Maybe even an adventure exclusive to Pokémon Dream World maybe? They would be good extensions to the Pokémon Dream World. ;D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I liked the concept of the Dream World, I really did, but it wasn't accessible to everyone who had the games due to the systems not being able to connect to certain types of networks (for example, those that required a WPA key and those that made you log in online before you were able to browse the internet). Not only that, but I personally felt the only good thing that came from it was getting Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities.

So, that said, I hope nothing like this is implemented for Gen. VI and that, if the Gen. VI Pokemon do get Hidden Abilities, that you're able to catch them via special methods in-game, like in the Hidden Grottos or in-game events in BW2.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I didn't like it, if I want berries, then I want berries darn it! I shouldn't have to go beat Striaton's Gym and find out that apparently Munna is the internet just for some barries, Hidden Abilities, maybe but berries? No.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I'd like ot see more that you could do with the DW online. I'd also like to see more of a viewing theater where you could view battles all over the world online, and a way that you could steam batles online while doing the battle. Also, I'd like to see a swapnote- like system for online play.

Years
If they upgraded DW, or just the GTS, I'd at least like to be able to chat with other players online in real time like in MMOs instead of just emails and a small list of predetermined phrases and the like, you know what I'm saying?

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
An online chatroom of sorts that was a mixture of the GTS and Dream World would be nice. Somewhere you could go for multiplayer missions, or to trade Pokemon, but on a wider, more interactive scale. I'd prefer not to see a Pokemon MMO, but it could have MMO aspects to it. The Dream World was interesting, but I found it to be quite restricting, and the GTS has always been useful, just not very interactive. They have the resources to improve upon both aspects now, so I'd quite like to see them do so, just as long as it remains an entirely optional thing.

But if they do decide to make online extensions, I'd prefer they keep away from DLC. DLC is something I absolutely abhor, because I don't like paying more than once for a video game. I like to buy the complete package and, whilst I don't mind free DLC that adds random small things to the game that aren't really necessary to enjoy it, paid DLC for things like expansions which add hours to the game and should already been in the game is nothing more than outright robbery. Games already cost enough, without the additional cost of things that should already be in there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I liked the Dream World when I used it! :( Buuut I'm okay if it isn't used again, given that there's so much else I could do. Opposed to the idea of a live chat kind of thing though, given that Pokemon players are of all ages and certain non-appropriate stuff could go on (very unlikely, but still, you don't know!) I like the way it was in B/W, because it wasn't overly into anyone else's lives, and you just visited their world!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm pretty over the Dream World and haven't used it in ages, so I don't want to see its return. But the previously mentioned Pokémon Box like extension would be great. Being able to access you Pokémon with any game, anywhere in the world (with internet) sounds lovely.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, I personally thought the dream world was way more time consuming that it needed to be inorder to get certain dream world pokemon. ): If they plan to do another dream world extension, I'd like them to seriously revamp dream world so that everything... basically becomes less time consuming! I'm hoping aboard the train and agree that I'd love the return of a pokemon box - it'd be waaaay more useful in terms of pokemon gathering for HP values imo.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Dreamworld will still be around because so many pokemons dw abilities havent been released

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dreamworld will still be around because so many pokemons dw abilities havent been released

Technically before B/W they were known as Hidden Abilities, and that doesn't mean they can't occur in other ways, such as through Hidden Hollows in-game. So we don't know for sure if the Dream World WILL return!

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I expect to see more online content, but I don't want more. In fact, I want less. But they obviously want online traffic, and have added ever more features (and eliminated in-game alternatives) in order to essentially force us into it. And I have little doubt that that will continue.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I didn't spend any time on the Dreamworld, and while I think it's inevitable, I think it would be better to not have one. It's a pain having to be at a computer to access it, and the one hour limit is annoying too. While it is nifty, I'd rather them work on something in-game, like new features, instead of another online addition.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
I ignored the dreamworld completely. I only glanced at some screenshots of it, and said to myself, "That looks like a big waste of time." I hope that Game Freak makes DW abilities available in-game. But, from the direction things are going, that won't happen. We'll get Dream World 2. I would be happy if a Dream World-like thing came to the WiiU, though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The dream world was amusing as a once off....but I didn't really see it as something to play all the time. It was too awkward and "off the beaten track" to be that useful or fun.

I would rather they didn't bring it forward.

Back