• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th of July Pokemon Online Tournament

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
pcbannerfix.png
Welcome all to the wonderful tournament that is the Fourth of July Pokemon Online Tournament. To celebrate yet another year of the Declaration of Independence for the United States, I will be hosting this wonderful tournament that will take place during the day of July 4th. The time period may change in the future to accomodate the playstyle that I plan to run this tournament by, so be on the lookout for announcements about the time period for this tournament. So in order to celebrate, this tournament will function off of points gain from winning battles, and losing point for losing battles (see more detailed explanation in the rules section). Participants are able to challenge each other in order to acquire these points, and whoever has the most at the end of the time period will be crowned winner. There are no prizes at the moment, because Wifi Pokemon are next to useless for most Pokemon Online players, and emblems are up to the discretion of moderators and higher staff members (of which I am neither). So if you want prizes, bug Wolflare. :3

The tournament will take place on: Monday July 4th beginning at 12:00AM Eastern Standard Time (-5:00) and ending at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time (-5:00).

You do not have to be from the United States to participate in this tournament. I know those of you from Britain may find it ironic to participate, but it'll be fun nonetheless. :] The only issue that might arise is finding matches with those of us from the US. Also, if you participated in the Competitive Battling Tutor Class, this is a great way to continue working your way into the Competitive Battling Center's social group. We're a friendly bunch and would love to see participation grow!

Good luck everyone!

First Place: Kevin Garret
Second Place: Vrai
Third Place: Spinosaurus​
Rules
★ We use Smogon's Ban List
★ All PokeCommunity rules and PokeCommunity Pokemon Online Server rules apply
★ Battles must be held on the official PokeCommunity Pokemon Online server, which can be accessed by typing home.brokenrevolution.com into the box at the bottom and hitting Advanced Connection
★ Challengers must agree on a tier and generation in which to battle, as well as clauses that will be in action
★ Winning a battle will earn you 1 point
★ Losing a battle will cause your overall score to drop by 1 point
★ Losing more than 2 times in a row will prevent your score from degrading any further, and the score cannot go negative
★ If a challenge is refused, the person who refused the challenge loses 1 point
☆ If you are idle, you can safely refuse challenges without your score being compromised
☆ If you have already battled the same person three times, you will not lose points for refusing challenges from said person
☆ If the two challengers cannot agree on a tier/generation, the battle will be ignored and refusing a challenge on this basis is safe
Do not abuse any of these exceptions
★ When reporting scores, make a win/loss list in your sign-up post by editing, as demonstrated in this post
★ Maintain the order in which you battled for your record keeping, as the order of the battling does matter
★ Save logs of ALL battles in case the need for them arises. If neither party has a log and conflict rises, the scores will not be counted and both sides will be penalized with a subtraction of 1 point
Participants
PC Username | PO Username

2 | .Aero | Aero
1 | spartan127 | spartan127
0 | Lalapizzame | Farmer Bill
7 | Dragonomega | Bacon Ometeor
0 | Postman | Postman
0 | Eddi3gordo | Vixen
0 | Katastrophe | Katastrophe
0 | Jake♫ | Jake
0 | Alexial357 | Alexial
2 | Roswell | Lucia
0 | Twilight Sky | Twilight Sky
0 | Stand Alone | Stand
0 | Karpman | Karpman
7 | Vrai | Vrai
0 | Gohanthesaiyan | Gohanthesaiyan
1 | Wolflare | Wolf
0 | yuki3056 | Yukster
4 | Spinosaurus | Spineco
1 | goirish3 | goirish3
3 | .MiKeY | SacredMiKeY
8 | Kevin Garret | Kevin Garret
Banner by Katastrophe | CSS by .Aero

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
sure ill join lol

PO name: spartan127

tourney rules please??

lost to .MiKeY
lost to KG x2
beat then lost to .aero
beat mr bacon

Last edited:
Years
PO name: Farmer Bill / Lovely Laura / Umbrella Lady Laura / Holy Mushroom Man

Battle Results:
1. mashed like real mashed potatoes by wolf. (loss)
2. Farmer Bill vs. Katastrophe (victory)
3. Farmer Bill vs. dragonomega (loss)
4. Farmer Bill vs. .MiKeY (victory)
5. Farmer Bill vs. Vrai (loss)
6. Farmer Bill vs. Aero (victory)
7. Farmer Bill vs. spartan127 (loss)
8. Farmer Bill vs. Vrai (loss)
9. Farmer Bill vs. Spineco (victory)
10. Farmer Bill vs. Kevin Garrett (loss)

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Honey, you know my name.

Bacon Ometeor.

the way i roll

7 Points :: 13 Wins - 6 Losses
Battle Statistics! <:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 13
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Postman Postman

Who wins tournaments anymore? Only losers would try to win..

Katastrophe

I feel infinite.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I'll do it for lulz. (:
Less lulz, more realization that I'm really bad at this.

PC: Katastrophe
PO: Katastrophe

Scores: [0 pts]
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Eh, what the heck? I'll probably fail miserably, but it's worth a shot!

Roswell | Lucia

EDIT: Points: [2]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
Might as well~ Should be fun ^^

PO name: Stand

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm in. You know who I am, right? RIGHT??? ;_____;

Record: 11-6

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
in

battle results

wolf vs lala

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
sup I guess I'll try any reason to test out some of my new pokemon lol

PO username: Yukster

RECORD:
Yukster vs. Aero
Yukster vs. Katastrophe
Yukster vs. Bacon Ometeor
Yukster vs .Mikey
Yukster vs. Vrai
Yukster vs. Spineco
Yukster vs. .Mikey
Yukster vs. Spartan127

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm in.
PO name: Anything to do with Spino lol.
RECORDS:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

goirish3

Pizza!
Years
  • Age 36
  • US
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
I'll join. Po username same as pc username

Goirish3 vs. spartan127
Goirish3 vs. spartan127
Goirish3 vs. vrai
Goirish3 vs. spartan127

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
I'll join.

Usernames: SacredMiKeY/.MiKeY

Record: 9W 8L
.MiKeY vs Dragonomega
.MiKeY vs Dragonomega
.MiKeY vs Lala
.MiKeY vs spartan127
.MiKeY vs Vrai
.MiKeY vs Spinco
.MiKeY vs Yukster
.MiKeY vs spartan127
.MiKeY vs Roswell
.MiKeY vs Yukster
.MiKeY vs Dragonomega
.MiKeY vs .Aero
.MiKeY vs Roswell
.MiKeY vs Vrai
.MiKeY vs Spinco
.MiKeY vs spartan127
.MiKeY vs Kevin Garrett

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Alright guys, thanks everyone for signing up. A little reiteration of the rules and how this will go down:

When reporting battles, I've decided with a suggestion by Katastrophe to require you all to edit your sign up posts by including a "record" section. In this section, include the battles you've had with your opponent in a vs. style matchup. Make sure that these battles appear in ORDER. I will be watching to make sure you all report them in the order they happen, because it makes a difference.

To report your battles, make a list, such as this:
.Aero vs. Wolflare
.Aero vs. Vrai
etc.

Where the bolded name is the winner. I would have gained one point from winning against wolf, then lost a point for losing to Vrai, leaving me with 0 points. If I had reversed that order, I would have one point since I would lose to Vrai with 0 points, and I cannot go negative, then would have won against wolf providing me with 1 point. The order matters. So keep your records to keep the scoring clean and fair. I'm also considering extending the tournament to accommodate for our non-USA friends. The tour might continue onto the 5th. I'll see how the tournament goes. :] So keep an eye on this post for an announcement, since double posting is against the rules (unless I gain an exception from the mods). Anyway, if I see enough participation, it will be extended. I'm also considering a final mini-tour with the top 4 point gatherers, much like the tournaments wolf has run like this. If you're interested in this idea, let me know on PO. With that, let the tournament begin!

My Record
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back