• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
This is heap load of things, and it's better off being discussed in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread. While he did get some things right, namely the new Electric move and the names of the new Pokémon, it's not completely confirmed that everything he's said it correct. It's still speculation until officially proven.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Being gone all weekend took me out of the loop, so I had no idea what was updated on the official site! But yes, as myself and Shivi have both stated, just because one thing is true doesn't mean the rest is true. I'm sorry, but dual-typed attacks? I know I said this before, but that is absolutely ridiculous. Not even looking at the competitive aspect of the game, if something was a dual-typed attack to like Fighting/Ground, things like Aggron are now taking x8 damage from the attack. I just severely doubt anything like that would ever happen, it breaks in-game mechanics as well. Nothing should have that much of a boost without having to use set-up moves prior.

Guy

just a guy
Years
On another note, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on nature, specifically the forests and the skies. I'm sensing a good plot about nature vs. the effects of science by the hands of man; DNA manipulation to be more precise.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Yeah, but we said the same thing for Triple battles. It's true that they are rumors untill proven but the latest update adds a lot of credibility to them. I honestly don't oppose Dual Type moves. They DO make sense. Why isn't Fire Punch Fire/Fighting ? same for other punches. Muddy Water being Ground/Water ? Yes, they will screw up the current metagame and probably create chaos but GF can alter the Battle Mechanism somewhat to make them Less OP ?

we'll have to see what happens next but Dual Type moves are highly possible at the moment.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Being gone all weekend took me out of the loop, so I had no idea what was updated on the official site! But yes, as myself and Shivi have both stated, just because one thing is true doesn't mean the rest is true. I'm sorry, but dual-typed attacks? I know I said this before, but that is absolutely ridiculous. Not even looking at the competitive aspect of the game, if something was a dual-typed attack to like Fighting/Ground, things like Aggron are now taking x8 damage from the attack. I just severely doubt anything like that would ever happen, it breaks in-game mechanics as well. Nothing should have that much of a boost without having to use set-up moves prior.

I don't think that's how it'll work. From what I can see, the mechanics for dual-type moves would be like this: The move will always be its primary type. If a Pokemon is NVE to the move's primary type, then it'll use its secondary type, to prevent Pokemon like Aggron to receive 16x damage. If a Pokemon resists both types of the move, then it'll randomly pick one of the two types.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't think that's how it'll work. From what I can see, the mechanics for dual-type moves would be like this: The move will always be its primary type. If a Pokemon is NVE to the move's primary type, then it'll use its secondary type, to prevent Pokemon like Aggron to receive 16x damage. If a Pokemon resists both types of the move, then it'll randomly pick one of the two types.

Not that I'm disclaiming this or anything, but where did you actually get this information from? It seems like a very convoluted system in all honestly. Having to worry about which type they set as the primary type, changing it based on the other Pokémon's type, and having to randomize it just seems way more complicated than anything. It's just another factor being thrown into the player's faces that I doubt anyone would really want to deal with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
hm, i'm interested in the box art being grassy for one, and the sky for the other. kind of hints to a land vs sky theme kinda.

Guy

just a guy
Years

BIG NEWS!

This is so huge, that I have to put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Not that I'm disclaiming this or anything, but where did you actually get this information from? It seems like a very convoluted system in all honestly. Having to worry about which type they set as the primary type, changing it based on the other Pokémon's type, and having to randomize it just seems way more complicated than anything. It's just another factor being thrown into the player's faces that I doubt anyone would really want to deal with.

It's a system I thought up of that could make dual-typed moves work if this rumor was true. There have been other convoluted systems added to Pokemon such as Hidden Power's type mechanic, so there really isn't too bad about this idea for the rumored mechanic.

Mujahid

Years
A couple of things we haven't talked about.

A new Move is called "Parabolic Charge". This exceeds the 12 character limit we had for Moves. Do you think the 10Character limit for Pokemon names will also be extended ?

Another thing is regarding this image
Spoiler:

Both of them have bracelets with the DNA symbol that was present on Japanese Logos.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Lol Shivi. The bench is definitely the biggest thing these games have ever seen!

I'm assuming the bracelets are probably the new Pokétch/C-Gear/Whatever. They definitely look interesting, and it's cool having it back on your wrist again. Maybe it will be a new version of the Pokétch instead of a new system they work up?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
How 'bout this:

Since were all talking about dual-type moves, think of it like HP or Judgement. Both of these moves can be of any type, but only one at a time. It is possible that a move that has already existed could get another type, a second type and stay like that until some method can alter it, like Arceus' Judgement, although, they might stay that type forever just like HP. Can keep all of it's in-battle effects, but its of a different type than it's original.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Love all the new info on the English site, especially that you can change outfits. I definitely like the female protag more now that I know I can change her clothes.
And sitting. And people in cars. So great.
Also:
may_p4_2.jpg

Check out those feet. Skating around at the speed of sound.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Honestly I'd say the dual type moves rumour has been officially debunked thanks to this 1 screenshot:
may_p5_4.jpg

There simply is no room for a second type icon

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years

BIG NEWS!

This is so huge, that I have to put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
I know right, I've been waiting for this moment since generation 3!
Also in that picture it has what seems to be a gym, you know the building with the league sign in it. Wonder what type it could be...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Honestly I'd say the dual type moves rumour has been officially debunked thanks to this 1 screenshot:
may_p5_4.jpg

but they said the starters were single types anyway. as for their evolutions, well, chespin learns rollout SOOO.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, I've seen the new X/Y gameplay trailer, and saw some moves the starters got:
-Chespin gets Leech Seed (which could come in handy if it came with bulky stats; if it has stats comparable to fast, frail sweepers, it can make use of SubSeed effectively)
-Fennekin gets Fire Spin (I think)
-Froakie gets BubbleBeam or Water Pulse (idk, it's hard to tell which)

Edit @above screenshot: oh, looks like Vine Whip got a PP upgrade.

Mujahid

Years
may_p5_4.jpg

That's a good point. But, maybe the dual type moves will have abbreviated types ? Like ,thunderpunch would be displayed as ELC/FIG ? We'll have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back