• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Quotes

Years
What are your favorite quotes that you have heard in a game? Is there one particular character or a number of characters that you think say quite a few good quotes?

Personally, I have to say that Vaas from Far Cry 3 is one with words. Obviously, my favorite being the most known "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?". He also has many other nifty quotes which I will share when I post with my other favorites.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Oh ho ho ho, Pavey, my boy... you.. you're awesome.

Halo 2:

Shipmaster said:
...These are my men, there lives matter to me, yours does not.
The Arbiter said:
...That makes two of us.
Shipmaster said:
*respectful grunt*

Halo 3:
The Arbiter said:
Rise up, so I may kill you, again and again!

Black Ops

Alex Mason said:
You ****ing son of a *****!

---

Carlos said:
Woods, it's all falling apart, you need to get out of here!
Frank Woods said:
One problem at a time, brother! We're leaving!

---

Frank Woods said:
YOU CAN'T KILL ME!

---

Viktor Reznov said:
Mason, every journey begins with a single step. THIS! IS STEP ONE!

---

Alex Mason said:
MY NAME! IS VIKTOR! REZNOV! AND I WILL HAVE! MY! REVENGE!

Black Ops II

Raul Menendez said:
Делай, как я поручить. Он является марионеткой. Как и ты.

---

Alex Mason said:
Nnngggaaaa, KEEP FIRING, HUDSON!

---
Extreme game spoilers below
Spoiler:

---

Lev Krevchenko said:
I left you to rot in Vietnam, Sargent Woods, you should be dead.

Frank Woods said:
Well nobody told me.

---

Frank Woods said:
Let's not **** around here boys, let's smoke this bastard.

---

David Mason said:
Rrrrrrrrgggghh. Salazar. HURRY THE **** UP!

---

Raul Menendez said:
There's a .... traitor ... in our midst

Farid said:
...But how? ... Who?

Raul Menendez said:
IT MATTERS NOT! I'm one step ahead of him!

---

Raul Menendez said:
TO THOSE YOU SERVE! YOUR LIFE! MEANS! NOTHING!

---

Mike Harper said:
You know? If we weren't on mission, I might try to get a little hot-chick-action.

That's all that come to mind off the top of my head. I'll update when I remember more.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Oh ho ho ho, Pavey, my boy... you.. you're awesome.

Halo 2:

Shipmaster: ...These are my men, there lives matter to me, yours does not.

The Arbiter: ...That makes two of us.

Shipmaster: *respectful grunt*
Pretty sure this one is from Halo 3, actually.

Also this is basically Ace Attorney: The Thread.

"This testimony has more holes than The Grid: Revelations."

The Grid: Revolution is a reference to The Matrix: Revolution.

Also...

Maya: What?! This is madness!
Wright: No, Maya, that is SPARDA.

And...Godot is a goldmine of quotes

"Justice is blind, but she's not deaf. Sometimes you have to know when not to talk."
"Anger is the last refuge of the pathetic. Preparation is the last refuge of the weak"
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
"The world is filled with those who have said, "I wish I had never asked that."
"…The bitterness…Every time I get lied to, I always down a mug of coffee."
"Once you eliminate the impossible…whatever remains must be the truth.…No matter how improbable it may seem."
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over."
" …Humans are afraid of the dark. And yet… At the same time, we're fascinated and bewitched by it. Maybe that's why humans drink the darkness that is coffee."
"Then one morning, my eyes flew open… from the smell of a doctor's morning "

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
"I'm sexy, even without makeup on!" - Ionia, Mother 3

I love when games can give me pick me ups to remind me that I'm good looking and I'll be alright.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One of my all-time favorite VG quotes comes from Ezio at the end of Assassin's Creed: Revelations, where he explains something important to the creed and gives them a true meaning of what assassins are really about. Also, it shows us how wise and mature he's become over the last two games. In my opinion, this is a great way to close out the Ezio trilogy.

Ezio said:
"To say that nothing is true is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Another of my favorite quote is from Portal 2, where Cave Johnson gives us a rant about lemons. Haha~

Cave said:
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade — make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?"

Last edited:

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Well in battlefield 3
"Be careful when stabbing me in the back, you might slip and end up kissing my ass."

Years
I got a couple, with the reason why

Metro 2033:
"If it's hostile, you kill it"
I loved it the moment i heard it. It was at a friend's house that we played this game.

Borderlands 2:
"Light the fuses, *****es! I'm ready to blow!"
The two second bosses, just insane. I loved the way claptrap screamed, and then the focus on the big cannon. And then Boom appears. I loved it :D

Assassin's creed 2
"It's-a me, Mario!"
Loving mario games pretty much (especially Sunshine and Galaxy), this made me smile a lot.

HL2 Episode 2
"Doctor Freeeeeemaaaannn..."
The moment Gman came. Quite unexpected. It was just great.

Poker night 2:

Spoiler:

I put this in spoiler cuz it's a pretty big conversation. The funny thing is the part where Max flies around the room, on fire. That had me laughing that bad, i lost the entire tournament after that quote, just not being able to consentrate anymore. so yeah

And that's all for now i guess...

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Driver San Francisco is full of witty dialog.

Passenger: You know what's gonna happen to your car? Landfill. You think that's good for the environment?
Tanner: I'm more worried about the noise pollution in this car.

Tanner: You got a name, partner?
Passenger: Sergei Matfeyitch Kutzetsov.
Tanner: Okay, Bob it is.

Dispatch: All units, officer down in alleyway between Bryant and Krabbe.
Tanner: Two minutes.
Jones: 40-Adam-30 en route to collision.
Tanner: How do you know it's a collision?
Jones: Who said anything about a collision?
Tanner: You!

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
I'm gonna say pretty much anything said by The Boss in MGS3, but to hit the highlights...

That's when it finally hit me. Space exploration is nothing but another game in the power struggle between the US and USSR. Politics, economics, the arms race - they're all just arenas for meaningless competition. I'm sure you can see that. But the Earth itself has no boundaries. No East, No West, No Cold War. And the irony of it is, the United States and the Soviet Union are spending billions on their space programs and the missile race only to arrive at the same conclusion.
Life's end... Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic.
We'll never have the chance to die peacefully of old age. We have no tomorrow.
There is nothing left inside me now. Nothing at all. No hatred, not even regret. And yet sometimes at night I can still feel the pain creeping up inside me.
One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle.

TY

Red Alert 3

Kirov Airship: "Oh look is that your house?"

StarCraft 2

Banshee: "Who put these monkeys in command?"

More coming up soon since i just woke up xD

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
War... War never Changes...

Stay a while and listen.

They call me Gato, I have metal joints. Beat me up and win 15 Silver Points.

Hadouken!

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

The Kid just rages for a while.

Do a barrel roll

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us"
-Andrew Ryan, BioShock

"Now, go get stepped on by a Big Daddy, would you kindly?"
Spoiler:
, BioShock

"You want to see the fate of democracies, look out the window"
-Robert House, Fallout: New Vegas

"Arr! Me wee cannon balls!"
-Captain Slag, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
"Yes, we'll just jump our ten tons on very lightly and they will never hear us..." - Antion Malliux, to Juno Vesping on how she suggests that they infiltrate a CEF base. (Heavy Gear II)

"Sending Air Mail!" - V3 attack order (Red Alert 2)

"I can't help wondering what all the answers to the questions could have been... What were the Scions really trying to do? How were they going to colonize the Dark Planet? And why did they want to destroy Earth? Or did they ever want to destroy Earth at all? I guess we'll never know... The answer dies with them." John Cook, ISDF ending (Battlezone II)

"Perhaps someday they will know the value of the gift we are about to give them." Padasha Burnes, Scion ending (Battlezone II)

"People of Earth, prepare to meet your future." Padasha Burnes, Scion Ending (Battlezone II)

Back