• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
21, but me and my grandfather have been playing them since he got japanese Red and Green, SO many years ago. Good times.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I'm 19, and I got into Pokemon when I was around 5-6. I didn't get a game until the Christmas Gold and Silver came out (I picked Silver), mostly because I did not know Red and Blue existed! If I had, I probably would have begged lol.

My best friends are 20 and 24 and we all like to play and buy the new games immediately and stuff :3

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I've been a fan of the TCG since I was a little kid, but I never got a chance to actually PLAY it until I got to high school almost 4 years ago now... I've been wanting to play the videogames at LEAST since FR&LG came out... that's the earliest I remember hearing of the games... then, I saw the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and wanted Blue since I had no DS at the time.

I then got Sapphire for my BDay and was promptly disappointed because I wanted MYSTERY DUNGEON BLUE. But then I got over it and kept on playing and then was hooked. Then after I got my DS, I shortly after got Pearl shortly after it was released, after much pressure from my buddies. I would spend most of the summer in the city, in coffee shops and stuff since I only had dial-up in the countryside where I lived. I was even more obsessed.

Went through 2 DSes to play this game... I even got Firered just to get a Growlithe. I got Soulsilver, and Heartgold, just for both figs, later giving away HG as I hadn't played it. Got Platinum, mostly for the fig, did play it, later gave it away. I got White shortly after it came out. Later that year, my 2nd DS broke, so I was forced to take a break for... I don't remember.

Eventually I got another DS and kinda lost my touch when I got back in... but I still ought White 2, and Conquest, and never got around to them.

Could my fandom be fading? possibly, but even at 18, I'm still exited for new games, and Pokemon will always have a place in my heart.

21, but me and my grandfather have been playing them since he got japanese Red and Green, SO many years ago. Good times.

your GRANDFATHER? That's pretty interesting.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years

Aww that sounds real cosy! Wish I had such a down-to-earth grandfather.. ^_^

I am 18, have been playing since I was 6. It's amazing how the Pokémon games can be accessible to such young audiences and at the same time also offer the depth that it does. I can't picture myself ever growing out of Pokémon.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm 19 in the United States, and I've been playing since I was about 5 or 6 with Yellow Version being my first game. I saw the cards in my latch key, then watched the show, then got Yellow because it had Pikachu on it and I was a lot more familiar with Pikachu than Charizard or Blastoise so :p

I don't remember if I ever beat Yellow but I know I got Silver when that came out and I adored the hell out of that game, and I know for a fact that I beat that one.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I won't tell my age but going by what every one in here has posted I'm the oldest of all of you, I have been into pokemon for about 12 years now.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I'm 20, been playing since I was about.. 6 or 7, not sure exactly the age. I had Blue and my older brother had Red. Was a fun race to try and beat the game before him XD I remember flipping out whenever I first played the game and actually had a semi-decent understanding of what I was doing. Ahhhh good times :3

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
Playing since 6-, 7-ish.
Watching since..[Error: Information not found].around birth-age, even.
Ah, my old days at playing Emerald.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I am 21 work at a law firm, getting my B.S. in law, planning on going to law school and might one day become an attorney. I will still play pokemon, and ensure you my kids will grow up with pokemon too!

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
I'll be 28 in June, started playing at age 12 with Red and Yellow version. Played Gold and took a loong break and started back playing this year with Heart Gold, Black 1&2. And I will be getting Pokemon X.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I'm 18 and I've been playing for about 13 years. My friends who also play Pokemon are 21, 19 and 16. Everyone but the 16 year old grew up with it. He was introduced to Pokemon when I met him about 4 years ago. I haven't met anyone younger than about 12 who plays Pokemon and the only reason I met them was that there was a TCG tournament going on when I walked in to a local card shop.

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2013
i'm 20 and i'm just started to play pokemon using emulator on iphone :D
but i already watch the season 1 on 1999 :D

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Back when HG / SS came out I wore the pokewalker every where, I had to pick my boy up from school one day and he was embarrassed that I was wearing it even though it is his fault that I got into it. :laugh:

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Well, I am 19 years old and going to lose my teenhood this upcoming May. I think I've been playing since I was a wee little seven year-old and I'll be playing up until I have my own wee hopefully-not-as-little seven year-old playing with me.
I met a couple people at college my age who are also into Pokémon; I'll tell you, it was very reassuring to see other people my age playing it for once...

Back