• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Fire Red / Leaf Green World Map Research and Dev

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
Hello all! I am not too popular here, but I do plan on doing some research on world map hacking. I made a tutorial for an ultimate world map hacking guide. You can find it in the tutorial section. Anyway I want to pretty much go into the unknown, and find out some additional features that the world map offers. Okay, starting with the obvious, Editing the mini-map (only visible after setting flag 0x845) you will be able to open a list of the available maps.

Now the button that opens the page to view the maps is where I want to mess with. Now I am going to see what tiles are what number and see if there are any relations with hacked world map tiles.

Code:
Extra Map Button Face Tile: 257
Top/Bottom Edges between both buttons-
Left: 272
Middle: 273
Right: 274
Left of Extra Maps button: 256
Right of Extra Maps button: 258

So in a nutshell, I am going to inject a hacked world map and see if the tile numbers match with the messed up button.

If people want to help, you can mess around with this. Maybe if someone can find the raw data for that button so we can just simply overwrite it with some new raw, it would be really cool.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
No. It has NOTHING to do with the tile number. It's a static position on the world map, that no matter what, works as is. If you've ever made a world map, you'd know.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Continuing

I fine this an excellent topic. I have been researching it an would like to continue it. Darthatron has told me this is as simple as re pointing and expanding! I will need help though. If anyone can spare offsets or other information it would be greatly appreciated.

Back