• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Unless they throw a curve ball by release an Emerald Remake totaling the games to 5.

No, that won't happen and I don't think we'll be seeing remakes for the next couple of years, it's more likely that either we will get Generation VI or something completely different. I'll admit at the beginning I was hyped for RS Remakes since that's what I thought they would be announcing, but thinking about it logically, it makes sense to hold out for a short while.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I agree.At this stage they'd probably release Gen VI first and hopefully RS remakes somewhere along the line.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
I'm pretty sure the R/S remakes would be on the 3DS, it wouldn't make since for people who have a DS or DS Lite where they can have both the DS and GBA versions of Hoenn in at the same time.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Actually I could imagine some nifty dual-slot features of having both versions in at the same time.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Stuff just got real.

F897D041-06D9-4A34-A79C-BC0C9E4DF1D1-32743-000013A071872461-1.jpg

996BF6BA-5856-424B-A7EE-6F0D8FCF008D-32743-000013A0A557D987.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I'm pretty sure the R/S remakes would be on the 3DS, it wouldn't make since for people who have a DS or DS Lite where they can have both the DS and GBA versions of Hoenn in at the same time.

they won't do that because generation V was made for DS consoles so that means that the remakes should be on DS as well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Unless they are made after Gen VI games, in that case it should be in 3DS since the Gen VI games will probably made in 3DS which would be the right move to make by GF.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Unless they are made after Gen VI games, in that case it should be in 3DS since the Gen VI games will probably made in 3DS which would be the right move to make by GF.

Yes indeed, but it is unlikely that GF will remake RS in Gen VI. They can still do it because GF is full of surprises.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
they won't do that because generation V was made for DS consoles so that means that the remakes should be on DS as well.

But the DS is basically dead. There are no event Pokemon left to reveal. The year HG/SS came out was also the year they officially revealed Arceus. Genesect was revealed last year, so there are no Pokemon left. Here's a list:

2004: Deoxys and Munchlax were revealed.
2005: Lucario, Weavile, Mime Jr., and Bonsly were revealed.
2006: Manaphy revealed.
2007: Darkrai revealed.
2008: Shaymin revealed.
2009: Arceus revealed.
2010: Zoroark and Victini revealed.
2012: Keldeo, Meloetta, and Gensect revealed.
2013: ????

With the exception of 2011, every year has pretty much given us a new Pokemon. (Though, that was the year they revealed there would be dual movies.) Plus the 3DS will be 2 years old next month. They really need to make the jump soon, because in Sept. the 3DS will be over 2.5 years old. If remakes come to the DS, that would mean we should expect Gen 6 on the 3DS, which by Sept. of 2014, will be over 3.5 years old. That's way to long to wait for Nintendo's 2nd biggest title to officially make it's way to the new console.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
2013, The Evolution of Pokemon: RS remakez is cominnnnn

Seriously I just don't see it at all at this point.
Anyhow 13 hours to go ;)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I feel like all main series pokemon games should remain on the DS with other games (XD/Colloseum remakes, maybe?) on the 3DS

although, to be honest, it's going to take a lot to top Black and White 2's PWT, Pokestar, Musicals, Battle Subway, etc...

Years
Pokemon isn't going to stay on the DS, it is dead, Nintendo currently supports the 3DS and evidently were not very happy with Game Freak for putting BW2 on the DS. A remake of RS is likely but it probably won't be on the DS at this point in time.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
If this comes out I'm buying it no doubt, and if it comes out on the 3DS I'm buying the 3DS just to play it. This must have been the longest wait of my life.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Ok I still believe we are getting the remakes on the DS tho lol Jk

But now that we have seen what gen 6 looks like I now see a good reason to have RS remakes for gen 6

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
So, with the announcement of Gen VI, that we will have our Gen3 remake on 3DS right? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back