• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

I have one dog, 3 cats and 3 little fish. The cats and the dog all get along well so that is really nice :D

Years
Now you guys are seriously wanting me to convince my mother to get a pretty with all this pretty talk xD

Only problem is that there wouldn't be any room in the house to keep them :( though of course we had a dog in the house many years ago, we've since added more to our house in those years thus limiting the space.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Just a dog, a hamster, and two birds right now. None of these pets are "mine" as the dog and the hamster are my sister's and the birds are my mom's. I have terrible luck with pets (I blame my dad who also does) but I love them so much so it's so heartbreaking and I normally can't function too well after the loss of one.

That said I might just get a fish. We have a dog, a rodent, and birds. Don't want to get a cat because of what happened to our last two and I don't want another reptile because I just lost mine recently. So I don't have much other choice for now. And if that fish dies of anything other than old age or something I don't even know.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I remember I had one of these when I was in high school:

betta_male1.jpg

It lived for two years, when usually Betta fishies live for about a year or so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm considering getting a betta fish actually since I think it might be the cheapest? And one year is, sadly, a lot longer than my last two pets when I lost them and how long the animal can live.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah. In the pet store I normally go to it depends on the type of betta. I think the cheapest is around $5-10 while one type of betta is like $35 (but it is a very pretty betta). If I do decide to get one I'll definitely go around and see if I can find one I really like that isn't too expensive since I also have to get food + a small tank or something for it. I'll probably get its food from Wal-Mart though its not like Reptiles which I couldn't do that aha.

Years
I usually wait for the open beta because I'm a poor student and can't afford money. It's interesting that you can find betas in a pet store, I usually use a download manager to get mine. I'll definitely have a look around, maybe it'll be more convenient for me ^^

Spoiler:

Years
I usually wait for the open beta because I'm a poor student and can't afford money. It's interesting that you can find betas in a pet store, I usually use a download manager to get mine. I'll definitely have a look around, maybe it'll be more convenient for me ^^

Spoiler:

Well, I guess open beta is beta version than closed beta.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I got a betta for Christmas one year, but it died in 6 months :l

I would like another betta, but I'd need a bigger covered tank to keep my cat away from the fish.

Sirfetch’d

I got my mom a betta fish a few months ago to put in her room because she had a stand that she wanted to place a fish on. He is a pretty healthy fish that requires so little attention. I also love looking at him and watching him swim because of how beautiful of a fish he is.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I had a betta as a kid, and he always puffed himself up to intimidate various objects that I held in front of him. It was cute.

I'm not real big on fish, though. I prefer pets that can be handled outside of water. Especially snakes. <3 I still don't understand how snakes are scary to people. I mean, they're so cute. D:

Edit:
@Scarf
I've heard of that. Weren't people getting medical problems from it, though? Because the fish were carrying stuff from person to person and infecting people?

blue

gucci
Years
Anyone seen those fish that eat the dead skin from your feet? I've always wanted to try that.

I've wanted to try that for a while now, I've seen many stalls set up all over Town but I've heard it can cause bacterial infections and such.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
That sounds kinda weird tbh.

One more thing on the betta fish subject, it was so funny when I would go look at my sister's betta and he would freak out everytime someone looked at him it was really funny, no idea why a fish would do that, maybe he liked the attention idk. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I had a betta as a kid, and he always puffed himself up to intimidate various objects that I held in front of him. It was cute.

I'm not real big on fish, though. I prefer pets that can be handled outside of water. Especially snakes. <3 I still don't understand how snakes are scary to people. I mean, they're so cute. D:

Edit:
@Scarf
I've heard of that. Weren't people getting medical problems from it, though? Because the fish were carrying stuff from person to person and infecting people?
eeeee snakes. <3 They're so cute. Especially pythons with their cat face. I've never had one though since I'm never sure whether I can feed it mice or not. Probably dead ones but yeah.

After this talk I definitely want to try to get a Betta for myself. Just so I can have something for a pet which is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back