• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Luvdisc: Good or Bad?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I think it's kind of cute, actually. I have one named Blaise on Pearl version. I haven't used her yet, but I might later. I like using Pokemon that other people wouldn't dare use in battle and trying to beat the game with it as a challenge. I figure since I beat the Elite Four with a Kricketune, using a Luvdisc can't be too much harder... ... ... Right?

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
It was cute looking for me. I had a certain thing going for it,but it didn't catch on as much as vanillite did for me.

PhoenixSoul

I gain strength from my ashes
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Luvdisc is cute and is a good heart scale source but apart from that it doesn't really stand out. You can't really use it in a battle since it's outclassed by many water types so I hope that it get's some kind of evolution that would help it come into the spotlight. :)

Years
Luvdisc is a cute looking Pokemon, but other than that and getting a few extra Heart Scales off them, I really didn't care for it (it might've had it's use in contests, but I never really did those). Plus, it disappointed me that for looking so similar to Alomomola, the two aren't related at all, which leaves Luvdisc outclassed in terms of battling.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Luvdisc was a gimmick they invented to provide the player with Heart Scales. It has since become unneeded because there are other ways to farm for Heart Scales in recent games. Another one of the many forgettable Pokémon in 3rd gen.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
I only really caught luvdisc while farming for heart scales, and that was before I had a pokemon with the move theif to get the heart scales.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I only really caught luvdisc while farming for heart scales, and that was before I had a pokemon with the move theif to get the heart scales.

nnnnnnnnnnn

I never thought to use thief to get the scales. Now Imma steal this tactic from you :D

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Luvdisc isn't so great at all... I only caught them for the Pokedex and Heart Scales.

Honestly, why didn't I think of doing this when I was younger at the time? *sigh* It's so much simpler than catching them! haha

Years
I never really had a thing for it. The first time I saw it, what I thought was, "What the heck is this thing?" I thought it was a rather dull design, and the Pokemon was only good for getting Heart Scales.

Years
When I got my first copy of ruby, I caught one to see how good it was. I liked the simple design, but it doesn't really have a place on any team I've made. It's basically just there as filler in the pokedex, as far as I'm concerned.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Luvdisc really needs an Evolution, because it is NOT a pokemon you want to take to the league. Alomomola could've been a great evolution for Luvdisc.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I don't like luvdisk pretty much i don't think i have played with it cause i don't like it.

and luvdisk doesn't look like a beast cause i like beast looking pokemons like Aggron or Swampert but no doubt that Luvdisk is a very very cute pokemon.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
Luvdisc is cute - I can say that I like it but I have never really used it.
I might someday though! I think it's a pity though that Alomomola wasn't it's evolution. 3: They look so similar too!

But whether it's good or bad.. I suppose that really depends on what it's for? The stats truly aren't the greatest but I choose my Pokémon by which I like rather than by their stats.

Years
"Luvdisc is a Pokemon and amazingly not some strange Kantonian brand of condoms. One part heart, one part one of those weird highlighters shaped like triangles, Luvdisc is all useless. This Pokemon is a living example of how the creators just totally ran out of ideas by the third generation. They ran out of animals to base Pokemon off of, so they moved onto inanimate objects (or in this case, horrifyingly personified, abstract representations of inanimate objects). No thanks."
-AiPT

this pretty much sums up Luvdisc

[TTOTD]maxie526

Leader of the TTOTD clan
Years
I can't help but wonder if this is a serious question or just a joke. Forgive me if I sound rude, but if you've ever caught one and looked at the stats of that thing you'll see that it's utterly useless for battling. Sure, some people might use it just because of how it looks and because the anime teaches us to care about our Pokemon, friendship is important, no one gets left behind, etc... But in the games, that simply doesn't work out. How you treat your Pokemon does NOT affect the stats in any way, it is only useful if you're trying to make a certain Pokemon evolve like Golbat.

Last edited:

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
It's only appeal is the cutesy factor, sadly. Never had one on my team and I don't even know what its stats are like, but a terrible battler can be spotted from miles away.

Back