• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zeikku’s Graphical Hacking Tutorial for Fire Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
banner-3.png

Pokeball.gif
Introduction:-
Yo dudes, dudettes and in-betweenies! This thread that will contain all my graphical based guides, I'll try and cover everything graphical eventually. I get a lot of request for doing pretty simple stuff. So hopefully I'll teach you a few things.
If you would like to make suggestions for other tutorials that I could write, then feel free. OK... We should really get started...!

Pokeball.gif
The index Key:
Done
Undone

Pokeball.gif
The index –
Back-sprite insertion.
Making a hack original with "simple" tile editing.
Standard Boot Screen Editing D/P/P style.

The Boot Screen Tutorial Revised (The Liquid Crystal Boot screen explained).
Inserting multiple trees into tilesets/ making the most out of palettes.
Intro Sprite
Basic Title screens.
Advanced Title screens.
Trainer card changing.
Searching palettes using hex.

Pokeball.gif
The Backsprites:-
Spoiler:

Pokeball.gif
Making a hack original with "simple" tile editing(works with R/S/E/LG).

Spoiler:

Pokeball.gif
The Boot Screen Editing Tutorial
Spoiler:

I'll make the thread pretty when I have time.​

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Very nice, Jake. This is very useful for a lot of hackers. Nice one.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Zeikku do you know the offsets for the boot screen in Ruby AXVE and the offsets for the backsprites for Ruby AXVE? I'm pretty sure these tuts would work on Ruby too.

Anyways really nice tutorial, the backsprite editing part was really helpful. Thanks.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Thanks, Zeikku. This should help out quite a few people (including myself ^^).

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
When I import from another file and try to find the obj file, it won't let me choose the obj file

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Zeikku do you know the offsets for the boot screen in Ruby AXVE and the offsets for the backsprites for Ruby AXVE? I'm pretty sure these tuts would work on Ruby too.

Anyways really nice tutorial, the backsprite editing part was really helpful. Thanks.

It should work on Ruby, i need to find the offsets and make a tut for it, but this is for FR...I'll make a R/S/E version of this soon.

Thanks, Zeikku. This should help out quite a few people (including myself ^^).
Hopefully, it should help people quite a bit. :)

Excellent thread Zeikku!
Really looking forward to that Intro sprite tutorial ;)
Thanks man. I'm feeling lazy to do the intro sprite thing, Because it takes forever :P
But it has to be done :)

wow this really helped thanks !
iv just done the boot screen and it worked perfectly.
thanks again !
yeah, wait till you see the next part of the boot screen tut ;)

When I import from another file and try to find the obj file, it won't let me choose the obj file
sure you have tile molester alternate?
not just Tile molester? :P

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Rather than messing with the "<" and divide buttons, you could just put this offset: E69EBC

That'll save a step. :D

EDIT: This is regarding the back sprites, by the way.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
For some reason my boot screen went white after I edited it

Edit: Never mind, it worked. Thanks for this tutorial Zeikku :)

Edit2: Now when I edit the palettes, the boot screen is messed up. tbh, I don't know how to use APE, I just copied the palettes that Zeikku used, but I replaced the red ones with blue. Someone please help me.

Edit3: I'm using a hex editor wich is 10x easier.

Last edited:

Jcat4

Awesome Person
Years
hey my image offset is 004024E4 and i did everythign you said but it doesnt look anything like it should. I noticed your image offset was different at first. Howd you get the offset to change? Im sorry, im a little new to rom hacking and im clueless on a lotta stuff.

Visible Light

Take me to your king...
Years
Nice tutorials, they should be helpful (especially the last one, even though I could change the image on the title screen, I never get the credits section done), I'm glad you didn't end up leaving PC.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
hey my image offset is 004024E4 and i did everythign you said but it doesnt look anything like it should. I noticed your image offset was different at first. Howd you get the offset to change? Im sorry, im a little new to rom hacking and im clueless on a lotta stuff.

All Image offsets are different depending on roms, you change it by writing a free offset. Something like 00750000/ 00800000/ 008500000, would work.
use a hex editor if you need free offsets and find a line of just FFs.

Nice tutorials, they should be helpful (especially the last one, even though I could change the image on the title screen, I never get the credits section done), I'm glad you didn't end up leaving PC.

thanks, I should be posting a new tutorial soon, I recently, re-formatted my PC. So things are going a little slow.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Do you think you could add textbox editing to this thread? I tried following textbox editing tuts but they all didn't work and were very vague.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Hey, Zeikku, I get some error message from both NTME and PTC, they both (probably PTC as well) say that they can't find the raw's (tilemap's) size. Any help?
You should tell such things to the one who made the program.. and that's me :P
That error isn't really an error.. It just can't guess the size..
And that's because it only checks some dimmensions.. should update that.. ASAP!
Happy New Year everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back