• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Furious Flames - Fire Red Hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'm going to seem like a right numpty but I can't seem to get the patch to work, tsukuyomi says it patched successfully and i open it up and its still fire red, I try to get a bulbasour with chlorphyll as is supposed to be available from oak and nothing (20 times) i go the first route to find any new additions and nothing, so is it my fire red rom that's broken, or is the american version or something? and yes i have searched around google

I'm pretty sure Blubasaur doesn't get Chlorophyll until he evolves. You can always open the game in YAPE and change it to whatever you want.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
I'm pretty sure Blubasaur doesn't get Chlorophyll until he evolves. You can always open the game in YAPE and change it to whatever you want.

according to the document given, all of bulbasour, ivysour and venosaur all can have chlorophyll, and the fact that the route 1only had pidgey and rattata is proof enough that the game isnt working correctly, i tried routes 2 and three and there were still no changes. So any solutions please?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
according to the document given, all of bulbasour, ivysour and venosaur all can have chlorophyll, and the fact that the route 1only had pidgey and rattata is proof enough that the game isnt working correctly, i tried routes 2 and three and there were still no changes. So any solutions please?
Well, you must not have patched the right game. If you DID patch it, it either works or doesn't. And by doesn't work, I mean it could have a white screen on boot if you patched it to the wrong fire red rom. Also, isn't Lunar IPS patching available as well? I would stick to that, it's more convenient in my opinion.

Years
I'm going to seem like a right numpty but I can't seem to get the patch to work, tsukuyomi says it patched successfully and i open it up and its still fire red, I try to get a bulbasour with chlorphyll as is supposed to be available from oak and nothing (20 times) i go the first route to find any new additions and nothing, so is it my fire red rom that's broken, or is the american version or something? and yes i have searched around google
You don't need to worry because the Hack has same title screen like Firered. Don't worry you will see that it ha some changes

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Ok, I got a glitch around Celadon City. So the guy who has a LV 80 Shiftry at the front of the megastore, when I restarted the game, I was playing him instead of my player, which was strange, and I couldn't move my player no matter how many times I reset the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Ok, I got a glitch around Celadon City. So the guy who has a LV 80 Shiftry at the front of the megastore, when I restarted the game, I was playing him instead of my player, which was strange, and I couldn't move my player no matter how many times I reset the game.
I had this happen with the guy dressed like Maxie on either Route 7 or 8, and the only way to get rid of it is to enter a building, fly or just plain restart the whole game. If he was standing in front of the Big Mart, you could try entering the building and that would return your character to normal. If for some reason you have teleport on one of your PKMN, you could use that to get out of the mess.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
Just a heads up. I have played this hack for the last couple of days and found a few bugs, some good and passable but some requiring the use of AR codes and such. The good ones were just Rival May glitching out and always being (although invisible) in her battle spot on route 9/10, You have to re-battle her every time you pass through that gap (makes for easy exp but gets tedious when you have to heal at the Cerulean PC to progress to Rock Tunnel). Other bugs have been stated like the "body-switching" glitch, the known places for me were Celadon City with that trainer and 4 Island on the top-right hand corner of the 3-4 high stretch of ground parallel to the breeders. These bugs ion particular usually occur in menus when your character is "inactive" which may give some insight to the problem.

Also In Icefall Cave (also on 4 island) once you get up the Waterfall where Lorelei is meant to be, well, she isn't and although i'm fairly sure she isn't fully needed to progress it's something to look into.

Also, also, I am unable to battle the weather duo, Rayquaza yes, but the other two, no.

Also, Also, Also. In your General Changes document you have it put down as Shedinja gaining base 100 hp instead of the usual 1, which doesn't seem to happen in my game. On this subject of General Changes, most Pokemon I encounter that have had ability changes or additions will not spawn with their original, i.e. I bred a couple of Beldums and none of them ever had clear body. Similar thing with starters and never having their secondary ability.

I'm unsure if that's everything (foggy memory) but that's all I have for now.
Thankyou for this great Hack I much prefer the "minimalist" type hacks for these games, I dislike hacks that change way too much of the original game. As long as i can get most (if not all) and movesets are improved (Gen 3 has horrible movesets for most of my favourites) then i'm happy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2020
So I searched the thread, and there was no mention of how to install the game. I don't know if i am overthinking it, but could someone please explain?

Years
Is this game done? please tell me looks good.
No, it sure covers Sevii Islands as well as Kanto. The developers are currently working on adding Hoenn region in this hack as well

So I searched the thread, and there was no mention of how to install the game. I don't know if i am overthinking it, but could someone please explain?
You need a VBA emulator as well as a Firered ROM to patch the file with

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
Hey, I've been playing this Hack for a few days, really loving it. But I've swapped bodies with the guy with the Lvl 80 Shiftery and I literally can't get out of the invisible box :( I don't have fly/Teleport or anything. I saved and reset the games countless times, but no joy. I really don't wanna start over :( is there anyway I can get past this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey, I've been playing this Hack for a few days, really loving it. But I've swapped bodies with the guy with the Lvl 80 Shiftery and I literally can't get out of the invisible box :( I don't have fly/Teleport or anything. I saved and reset the games countless times, but no joy. I really don't wanna start over :( is there anyway I can get past this?

Yeah, it's a well known glitch. It also happens in either route 7 or 8 with maxie after he gives you a clampearl. I DO know a way but it requires editing the save game. Google the 3rd gen save game editor. Download it and open it. Follow the instructions I posted on that thread, which is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249554

After opening the save game, give one of your pokemon teleport while editing their moves. Save, and quit. Then, start the game, use teleport and you're good to go! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back