• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
I've got a few questions. Fire Red.

Eevee. YAPE and Pokemon Editor included in the Pokemon Game Editor only allow for five evolutions max. Is there any way I can expand that to include Glaceon and Leafeon?
Is there also any way for me to alter or add evolution methods? I don't mind hex editing, but I'd prefer not to.

Is there a max number of trainer sprites I can have? I'm using the JPAN's Hacked Engine, if it makes a difference. I know there's a bunch of overworlds possible, but I don't recall reading anything about sprites.

Is it possible to have tiles from a bunch of different tilesets in one map? Like the Celadon Department Story and Pewter's museum in one map?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I've got a few questions. Fire Red.

Eevee. YAPE and Pokemon Editor included in the Pokemon Game Editor only allow for five evolutions max. Is there any way I can expand that to include Glaceon and Leafeon?
Is there also any way for me to alter or add evolution methods? I don't mind hex editing, but I'd prefer not to.

Is there a max number of trainer sprites I can have? I'm using the JPAN's Hacked Engine, if it makes a difference. I know there's a bunch of overworlds possible, but I don't recall reading anything about sprites.

Is it possible to have tiles from a bunch of different tilesets in one map? Like the Celadon Department Story and Pewter's museum in one map?

I think most of your questions require either ASM or editing the game engine, especially the restriction removal of number of evolutions. Max number of trainer sprites I think can be increased if you repoint the sprite the trainer data uses for each trainer (not sure on that though)

As for your tileset data, unless you can fit all of those tiles into the same tileset, no unless you, again, edit the game engine or use ASM. My advice - get your favourite tiles from these and put them in as one tileset (but do not forget the pallette limitations that the GBA has as well in the games)

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
Ah, that's what I thought. Unfortunately, I have no experience with ASM. =/

I have some more questions, though. Fire Red, with JPAN's hacked engine.

Is there a way to store the player's party somewhere, temporarily change the OW and give a new party, and then when the OW is changed back, return the original party? As if you're "switching" players temporarily.

Is there a way to have a partner battle, like Steven's in Emerald, in Fire Red? I don't recall there being any partner battles last time I played through, but I figure if FRLG were just deposits of RSE, it's probably in there somewhere.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hi folks, quick Q:

How do I go about changing the music that's played when you fight a Gym Leader/Elite 4? I want the normal Trainer Battle theme to play instead.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi folks, quick Q:

How do I go about changing the music that's played when you fight a Gym Leader/Elite 4? I want the normal Trainer Battle theme to play instead.

Intro Music (I believe that is what you mean by battle theme) can be changed right in Advance Trainer. Just search for their names and change their theme number to whatever a regular trainer has. If I remember correctly, the Intro Music option is directly next to the sprite, or at least in that general area.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Intro Music (I believe that is what you mean by battle theme) can be changed right in Advance Trainer. Just search for their names and change their theme number to whatever a regular trainer has. If I remember correctly, the Intro Music option is directly next to the sprite, or at least in that general area.
I think the question wasn't how to change the intro music (which is quite clear) but how to change the music that plays during the battle :] This question was asked rather often but never actually answered :o And actually this is my question too and i searched the entire thread for an answer :< It was said once (about 100 pages before) that it is possible to change the music that is linked to a certain trainer class e.g. that the gym leader (battle) theme is played when you challenge a trainer of the class boss but i didn't find an answer to this :(

So here's my question: How can i change the music playing against a special class of trainers.

@FireFox: In the script helping thread and here:
sfc [dot] pokefans [dot] net / lesson [dot] php?id=13&lang=en (damn spam-filter i'm too new to post URLs or hyperlinks :< )
you can find a tutorial how to change the music that plays for a single battle :) As I'm planning to have a different battle music playing against the opposing team this would be too much :< but for your needs it seems to be enough :) Hope it helped :)

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
I think the question wasn't how to change the intro music (which is quite clear) but how to change the music that plays during the battle :] This question was asked rather often but never actually answered :o And actually this is my question too and i searched the entire thread for an answer :< It was said once (about 100 pages before) that it is possible to change the music that is linked to a certain trainer class e.g. that the gym leader (battle) theme is played when you challenge a trainer of the class boss but i didn't find an answer to this :(

So here's my question: How can i change the music playing against a special class of trainers.

@FireFox: In the script helping thread and here:
sfc [dot] pokefans [dot] net / lesson [dot] php?id=13&lang=en (damn spam-filter i'm too new to post URLs or hyperlinks :< )
you can find a tutorial how to change the music that plays for a single battle :) As I'm planning to have a different battle music playing against the opposing team this would be too much :< but for your needs it seems to be enough :) Hope it helped :)

Thanks for the assist but unfortunately it didn't help. Following that guide, the music was still as it was. I completely forgot that this ROM I'm trying to edit has already been hacked. All of the music has been replaced (well, new tracks have been added, the original music is still there). Anyways, somewhere in the hex there's got to be something that says: "If tclass = Leader then playsong LEADER_THEME". If I can find this hex value, switch it to the Trainer song, then I'll be happy! Just wish I knew where it was.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

Simple answer? There's no easy way to do it. It's all determined by ASM with no "hex table".
I've created ASM which lets you create such a table, as well as define regional music, but both "full" answers require ASM.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Simple answer? There's no easy way to do it. It's all determined by ASM with no "hex table".
I've created ASM which lets you create such a table, as well as define regional music, but both "full" answers require ASM.
So it is possible? :) I think a tool which lets you do this would be awesome *-* but otherwise creating tools is anything but light and easy work i guess :< Anyways could you please give some sort of light tutorial? :) (this would also end many questions ^-^) I have to admit I'm quite new to ASM myself and more in the
"glad I actually understand what it is doing... somehow" phase than in the actual phase where i can crease ASM code myself :<

And is there a way how i could change the personality value of a given pokemon? :) (for example i want eevee to evolve either to espeon or to umbreon depending on the personality value and the eevee you get in fire red should always evolve into espeon :) )

Thats almost it my last question is if it would be possible (which i highly belive) to expand the kanto-dex in fire-red to 251 pokemon and how to do it (I only have to change some hex variables don't I? :) ) :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Is there a tool anywhere specifically for changing the titlescreen in FR/LG? I could only find one tutorial, and that was incomplete.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
So it is possible? :) I think a tool which lets you do this would be awesome *-* but otherwise creating tools is anything but light and easy work i guess :< Anyways could you please give some sort of light tutorial? :) (this would also end many questions ^-^) I have to admit I'm quite new to ASM myself and more in the
"glad I actually understand what it is doing... somehow" phase than in the actual phase where i can crease ASM code myself :<
http://static.patater.com/gbaguy/gba/ch1.htm

Jcool

Stellar
Years
1. Does anyone know how to change the text that is displayed once you've captured a pokemon and if it's going to be sent to a PC? I don't know the exact text it says, but can you change the text that says something like "Your party is full! Pokemon was sent to Box number here in your PC instead."

2. Does anyone know how to change the events that happen if you black out?

3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
vitamurmillo said:
Is there a tool anywhere specifically for changing the titlescreen in FR/LG? I could only find one tutorial, and that was incomplete.

There is no tool for inserting a title screen (as far as I know). You should look more closely at the tutorial section, though, because there is definitely more than one tutorial, and if you patch them together changing the title screen won't be too hard :)

Jcool said:
1. Does anyone know how to change the text that is displayed once you've captured a pokemon and if it's going to be sent to a PC? I don't know the exact text it says, but can you change the text that says something like "Your party is full! Pokemon was sent to Box number here in your PC instead."

2. Does anyone know how to change the events that happen if you black out?

3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these.

1). Search for it in A-Text and change it.

2). No clue.

3). I don't know for sure, but I would guess that that probably involves ASM hacking.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
How do you add legendary overworld battles to Pokemon Platinum? I've looked all over google and this site for a tutorial for this, but all I could find was tutorials for changing overworld sprites.

More specifically I'm trying to make it so I can walk up to an overworld sprite of Deoxys and start a traditional legendary battle with him like you would do with the legendary Pokemon normally found in the game. No one seems to know how to do this for Platinum though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jcool

Stellar
Years
I have another question. The pickup ability gives a pokemon a 10% chance to be holding an item after a battle even if the pokemon is not used in the battle. The items it has a chance of holding are random but are defined, and are different between R/S and Fr/Lg. Is there any way to change what items the pickup ability can give?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2020
I have this problem that keeps showing up intermittently. Sometimes when I put the offset number in Advance Map it adds an 8 to the front when I open it. Other times it has no problem opening the offset that I put in.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I have another question. The pickup ability gives a pokemon a 10% chance to be holding an item after a battle even if the pokemon is not used in the battle. The items it has a chance of holding are random but are defined, and are different between R/S and Fr/Lg. Is there any way to change what items the pickup ability can give?

I may not be entirely right. But considering there isn't a program that can do this for you, you'd have to find the HEX/ASM routines (whichever it be) that contain the information for this, and then you'd probably just have to change the item offsets for them to which ones you want. But unless the pick up ability is a major factor in your hack, I wouldn't really worry to much about it as it's not something people look into when playing a rom hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back