• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon White 2

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Although this LP is a sequel to my Let's Play of White 1, it should still be viewable by all. Anyway, I've been doing LP's for about a year now, and I've completed three so far, but I think there are still some things I can improve on, perhaps. All my LP's are video ones, as I just love to talk about stuff (trying to explain as much as I can) while actually playing a game. Also, you'll hear the name Lady Tanuki a lot, since that's my username on Youtube.

So here is Part 1. Not much happens in this part (I don't even get my first Pokemon by the end of the video), but there's just so much to talk about before I do! Indeed, I only do LP's of games I really love or am interested in, so I have a tendency to talk a lot about them rather than just run quickly through the game.

--List of Pokemon Battle Themes-- (in alphabetical order)
Flik: Boomer Kuwanger (Megaman X)
Genetor: GENE163-1425 (Mother 3)
Janine: "Moondance" by Nightwish
Kikucho: "Hero Samurai" by Alphatown2000
Lassie: "Stay" by Victoria
Lumina: "Dreams Come True" by S.E.S.
Monty: Monty on the Run theme
Mr. Batty: Mr. Batty Twist (Mother 3)
Ni-Ni: "Little Kitty Mine" by Ni-Ni
Nico: "Black Cat" by Lupin
Nimbus: The Spirit Chaser (Rudora no Hihou)
Nitori: Candid Friend (Touhou: Mountain of Faith)
Orville: "Jet Set Life" by Smiles and More
Ugly Bug: "Scatman" by Scatman John

Part 1: Same Ol' Different Ol'

Any feedback would be appreciated--otherwise, enjoy! Part 2 will be up in a day or two--I already recorded parts 2 and 3, but I still have to put them together and all.

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Years
And after three days, here's Episode 2! In which we finally get a Pokemon battle. Hopefully things will really start to get interesting from here. And if nobody replies to this by the time I upload part 3, I'll edit this post to include it.

Part 2: We No Longer Suck

Ninetales1

Years
Well... I'll have to make an exception to what I said in my last post, since it's been about two weeks and there have been no replies yet. Anyway, after a hiatus, I have finally uploaded Part 3. In this episode, I catch my first two Pokemon. I could have caught a third as well, but there's that one Pokemon I just don't want on my team...

Part 3: Not Bothering With Patrat

Same rules above apply for posting a new part... I'll try to get Part 4 uploaded sometime this week, so I'll just edit this post to include it if I do.

Ninetales1

Years
Hmm, still no replies by anyone other than me so far? Well anyway, here is Part 5, in which we have an encounter with someone remotely familiar from White 1...

Part 5: Throw Your Frustration At Me

More coming soon, since I just recorded parts 6 and 7 today.

Ninetales1

Years
And here is Part 6, in which we have our first gym leader battle! The gym itself doesn't take too long, but the video is still long because those characters talking to me afterwards just won't shut up.

Part 6: Just a Normal Gym

Part 7 hopefully coming soon.

Ninetales1

Years
Here is Part 7! In this part, I introduce something I've found quite useful in my LP of White 1: battle themes. Basically, this is where if there's a long and boring battle, I speed it up and set it to some background music that's appropriate for the Pokemon battling. Each of my Pokemon has its own "theme" this way. You'll see this demonstrated three times in this video.

In case you're wondering what song each theme is, I've started a list of all my Pokemon's battle themes, which you'll find in the first post of this thread ("List of Pokemon Battle Themes", above the first video). I will add to this list as I introduce more themes in future videos.

The title of this video actually refers to my mom and Roxie's dad, since my dad never appears in this game (at least I don't think so--I have yet to play the end of Black 2 to figure out whether he does).

Part 7: Annoying Mom, Clueless Dad

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Years
And here is Part 8! More exploring of Virbank City, with some fortunate weather circumstances and another Pokemon capture. And several trainer battles, of course.

Part 8: Thank You, Rain!

I just recorded Parts 9 and 10 today as well, so those shall be up soon.

Ninetales1

Years
Parts 9 and 10 are finally up, after an unexpected bunch of real-life complications. Since it's been so long since I uploaded stuff, I decided to upload both of these parts together, to make up for lost time. So by the end of these two episodes, I have two badges and am prepared to move on with this quest.

Part 9: Get Back to Work!

Part 10: Defeat a Rock Star, Become a Movie Star

More to come soon... hopefully.

Ninetales1

Years
Thank you, Craftymango! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, even though I've been uploading videos at a really slow rate nowadays. :\

Well anyway, here is Part 11, in which we defeat some pathetically weak Team Plasma grunts and start exploring Castelia City. This whole part makes me wonder why they call the red-nose-wearing people harlequins rather than clowns.

Part 11: Hand City Revisited

Next up, in Part 12, we will be doing even more Castelia City exploration! Also, the title of this episode is in reference to my Let's Play of White 1, in which the Castelia City exploration bits were titled "Hand City" and "More Hand City", which of course references the city's hand-shaped layout complete with finger piers.

Ninetales1

Years
And after over a month of delay, I finally have Part 12 up! Here we have a little tour of Castelia City, and then we head into the sewers and team up with our rival to find the Team Plasma grunts who are in there. I'll save the Pokemon-catching for later.

Part 12: My Rival Is Very Helpful

Ninetales1

Years
@WalkPokeThrough: Why can't you? No DS? Game is too expensive? Anyway, that's a shame... especially since I think Black and White and their sequels are some of the best main-series Pokemon games ever, for so many reasons.

Anyway, Part 13 is up! This is another exploration episode, except here we have a Pokemon capture and some trainer battles as well. So the battle themes show up again, finally. (At the beginning, I was kind of lost on what I wanted to nickname my Zubat, so I just came up with Janine on the fly. I really like that name now, actually.)

Part 13: Ninja Bat Joins the Team

Also, just before I recorded Parts 13 and 14, I started having issues with Windows Live Movie Maker; I suddenly had problems where there was sound, but no video in both the preview and the finished movie. I didn't change anything with my graphics drivers, so it must have been something weird with the program. Anyway, I just recently started using an even older version of Movie Maker (the one made for Vista) to edit the videos, and this seems to work for now. It's much harder to add captions with this program, but until I get either Adobe Premiere or a new video card, this will have to do.

And Part 14 should be coming up shortly, since I already recorded it. I'm glad this LP is finally getting a following here! :)

EDIT: See? I told you Part 14 would be coming up shortly: here it is! More exploring in this part, plus me having an unexpectedly tough time with trainers and catching Pokemon. But there is one Pokemon I catch here that I didn't even know existed in this area...

Part 14: Unexpected Squee

Also, it just occurred to me that I forgot to list Genetor's theme in the first post, as it played in Part 13. I forgot to include that in the Youtube description as well, so I went ahead and changed that today. Part 15 will probably take a while to get up, due to me being busy with life in general...

Last edited:

Ninetales1

Years
Sorry for the delay, everyone! I've been on vacation for the past month, so it's been hard for me to get Internet access and upload videos. Again, to make up for it, I'm including two new episodes in this post. By the end of these, I have three badges and am ready to explore Route 4 and the surrounding areas more.

Part 15: Riding the Threads of Fate

Part 16: Defeating My Ex-Crush

Note: Part 16 contains references to my Let's Play of White 1, in which I had this huge crush on Burgh. I still do now, actually, although it's not THAT huge. ^_^ Also you'll find the battle themes of Ugly Bug, Nimbus, Monty, and Mr. Batty introduced here; they are listed in the first post, as usual.

Ninetales1

Years
Part 17 is up! It contains some exploration of the Desert Resort and Relic Castle, and catching two Pokemon as well. Prior to recording this part, I cleared the area of trainers, so that not too many battles would clog up the video here.

Part 17: Item Hunting in the Desert

In the next part, we'll be visiting Nimbasa City!

Back