• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fishing for Feebas

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Feebas is one of the most difficult Pokémon to find. Some were lucky enough to run into one, and some were not. Were you able to encounter it? If so, what was your reaction when you did? Did you nickname it? If you did, what was it? Also, did you have it transferred to later generation of games when you got the chance?

DanZC

Pokemon Trainer Dan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 13, 2018
I encountered a Feebas before I even knew it was rare. I ran away from it and now I regret it. I don't remember which spot I found Feebas in (kinda ironic).

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Milotic is a fantastic water poke to have around in 3rd gen, alongside Swampert and Suicune. I can't remember exactly where in Emerald I was fishing for it...but it took me a while before I finally caught my first feebas. I was so happy when I did, it really helped me tons in the Emerald battle frontier. Can't remember what nickname I gave my Milotic though...been a while lol

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've tried fishing for Feebas before just to test my luck, but never even got close to hooking one. For one, the only lake in which Feebas can be found has hundreds of tiles. Also, Feebas can be found in only like 6 of these hundreds of tiles iirc? And one can never be too sure if one has hit a Feebas spot or not, unless Feebas bite on the first cast, which I don't really remember. I'd say it's kind of a waste of time unless you're a real fishing fanatic. Go for trades instead!

Years
I remember trying to fish for a Feebas but alas all I found was Carvanha. Never managed to get the little fishy, in fact I'd never catch a Feebas of my own until finally getting one in 5th Gen where they were much easier to get.

I was actually kinda surprised the tiles it's found in change based on the trendy saying in Dewford Town.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
Years
After a Verry Verry long frustration time I got him.
And I was verry Verry happy.
Yes I give Him a nickname, But I dont remember what :(

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I've tried getting one but failed miserably.. I helped my brother get his, but it took him a few days if I'm not mistaken.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I once managed to catch a Feebas, but didn't know how rare it was at the time. Never evolved it into a Milotic, because at the time I didn't know how to.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As for me, I've never managed to find one. I had countless amount of days searching for it, but still no luck. ): Due to this, I had to give up on completing my Pokédex in Emerald. One of my friends had Milotic, so she was able to breed Feebas as much as she wanted. Unfortunately, though, she couldn't give any to me, as neither of us had link-cable.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 20, 2019
Oh my god I always tried to get one. Never managed to but I always oned one xd (because of milotic of - i would say that it is one of the best looking pokemon and as far as I know he is no where near weak!). But i'm not stopping! Even if my previous play sessions of emerald have left me febasless I will not give up on my beautifull milotic/pesky yellow magikarp.

CyanCerulean

Adorables
Years
The first time I saw a Feebas, I knocked it out cause it was so ugly. Later I learned that it evolved into Milotic, which is still up there near the top of my favorites, and spent days on end trying to find another one. I'm not sure if I did in the end, I just remember hitting myself on the forehead many times after I realized its potential.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I really wanted a Milotic so I Googled how to get one. I came across Serebii's Feebas Factor and read about it. It sounded SO challenging but I thought I should try it anyway. It told me to fish in every spot in Route 119, just turning to make sure you fish in every "tile" of water. Eventually I got down to about halfway and found one. I was so overjoyed. It didn't take as long as I thought it was going to so I probably just got lucky. XD

Oh the simple times of being 7 years old. <3

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I never bothered to fish for Feebas in my original playthroughs on Ruby and Sapphire back in the day. Recently, however, I did a playthroughs where I worked on completing my dex and I had pretty good luck finding Feebas quickly. In fact, I decided to catch a whole set of them for transferring purposes! No nicknames however, as I rarely nickname any Pokemon.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
That Fish took me forever to catch in Sapphire. I had to catch another one as I muck up the max beauty to evolve it which was nightmare to find it again. Now She's sitting on X.

Years
It took me hours to find the correct square, but once I found it, I caught a box full of them just in case I forget the spot later.

Years
I found a whole two boxes of them! :D ...somehow. My friend couldn't find any so I ended up trading mine to her, oh the memories. It was really exciting to find my first but more so when I ended up finding several as easily as I did. Felt like the coolest kid in town at that age.

But unfortunately I never was able to evolve it on my own, sigh.

Years
I wasted at least 12 hours across a few weeks on Sapphire just searching for Feebas, and could never find a single one. I never even had any real plans on using Milotic, but the challenge of finding it was more exciting than the Pokemon itself- for the first hour at least. After trying for so long and coming up empty, I just gave up on finding Feebas, and never managed to get one until the GTS came around.

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
Years
It's not that hard to get one. You just need patience. Start at the VERY top of Route 119 and just keep going row by row, fishing every single water tile until you find one with Feebas. The tile you fish is the one you're facing, not the one you are sitting on. Once you've found one, just keep fishing that tile and catch hundreds of them. Doesn't matter which rod you use. All of them have the same probability for Feebas.

To evolve, go to the Berry Master's wife each day. The phrase is "CHALLENGE CONTEST". She will give you a Pamtre berry each time. Make tons of blue Pokeblocks with the Pamtre berries and feed them to your Feebas. Once its beauty has maxed out, level it up once and it will evolve.

Back