• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: {HOTW #64} Pokemon Emerald Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
My names allen ive been working on this hack for about 2 weeks now and ive decided to post. Unlike pokemon burning asphalt and dragon legacy i plan to finish this.

This is...

EmeraldThunderBig-1.png

Rom Information

Hack Name: Pokemon Emerald Thunder
Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red

Awards

HOTW No.64
emeraldthunderaward.png

Story

One day in your room while watching TV a news brodcast appears saying theres been a disturbance at MT. COBALT. You decide to check it out. Exiting the house you realize you dont have a pokemon, so you decide to mooch off you dad. so you go to your dad's lab and get a pokemon. you leave the lab and head to Mt. Cobalt. after journeying the the mt,. you reach the peak and find a green pokemon (rayquaza) and it attacks you. after you epicly failing a battle against rayquazza, it flys away and you go back to the lab. your dad says that you should start a pokemon journey and take the gym leader challenge. so he gives you a pokedex and a map. Journeying across the Aeros region, you meet team rocket. Team rocket is testing a way to evolve pokemon by force. In this case they're trying to evolve Rayquaza.

Will team rocket succeed? Find out by playing, Pokemon Emerald Thunder!

Features

-new region
-new maps
-new sprites
-new region
-DPPT pokemon
-hopefully all of the pokemon sprites from DPPT
-scripts etc.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Team

Well I was planning to do things myself but i screwed up with scripting. I believe I screwed up with the free space because when I edited a script it would work fine on the first script but on another script it would be messed up because I overwrited the other script when making a script. So, atm, I am looking for a part time scripter until I fix up my scripting skills. Also my story sucks. If anybody wants to think up a good story great.

Current Team

Me - Mapping, Spriting
Quickster - Scripting
3dd13 - Music Insertion

Credits

Kyledove and Zeikku for their awsome tiles, Punk Rocker for the rombase, UltramasterBDX for his great textbox and all you tool makers out there.

Banners & Userbars

Spoiler:

Some Things To Remember

I like people to tell me their feedback and I dont like people asking for betas because it will come out eventually. I appreciate all you people who took the time to like at this thread. :)

Last edited:

Aljam

Years
thks i have just posted and forgot who made them

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Hmm.....i dont say anything.Actually,I dont have anything to say.....just work a little more on the story....

Aljam

Years
Hmm.....i dont say anything.Actually,I dont have anything to say.....just work a little more on the story....

okay ill work on the story. its just the fact that the story was made in like a minute and i wanted to show people my progress. as i said before i was just making maps and it grew into a hack. I believe my rom hacking skills have dramatically increased since i first started to rom hack.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
Years
uhh, how about Pokemon Cobalt?
Or Pokemon Emerald Thunder?
Pokemon: Realm of the Dragon/ Kingdom of Dragons?
Pokemon: Ozymiandas (King of Kings)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Names:

I like alternate names XD So hey:
The Hunt for Rayquaza
Shimmering Jade (Jade being Green <<)

Edit// Hundredth Point!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hmm... the screenshots are okay. But from what I can see from the screenie, the mapping looks a bit empty and off. Maybe read one of Neti's tutorials and redo them a bit. Now you are editing scripts? That is a very bad thing to do. I think you have experienced this already? It can easily mess up the scripting and gaming experience. Well, I would offer myself as a scripter for you but alas I am very busy xD

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I like Cobalt as your name...(as stated by Sophidius) Especially Since the name of the mountain is Mt.Cobalt...I also like your Hero OW...You make it yourself???

Aljam

Years
I like Cobalt as your name...(as stated by Sophidius) Especially Since the name of the mountain is Mt.Cobalt...I also like your Hero OW...You make it yourself???

yup i made it my self. took volkners hair stretch/skewed it to 80% and edited to make it look more original. I think its a tie between cobalt and emerald thunder. i believe colbalt is already taken.

Hmm... the screenshots are okay. But from what I can see from the screenie, the mapping looks a bit empty and off. Maybe read one of Neti's tutorials and redo them a bit. Now you are editing scripts? That is a very bad thing to do. I think you have experienced this already? It can easily mess up the scripting and gaming experience. Well, I would offer myself as a scripter for you but alas I am very busy xD

I know i just didnt want to put too much grass in. im going to decorate them more. I have no idea whot you mean by "off", and I like your critisism. Ill accept your offer on the scripting. You can start whenever you have time on your hands.

-------------------------------------------->
1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersion_01-1.png

Just put in Shinx last night. i had a problem with the shiny palette so im going to edit that tonight. i replaced one of the empty spaces.

I plan to insert :
  • SHINX
  • LUXIO
  • LUXRAY
  • RIOLOU
  • LUCARIO
thats 5 pokemon. What others should I put in the other 20 spaces?

Last edited:

Logan

Years
Yeah Cobalt and Kobalt are both taken already so Emerald Thunder so be it xD. I don't really like that name, how about Pokémon Arhcion? Random I know, but I like randomness. Well, I have time now so....

Aljam

Years
Ok Great. Right now all im asking you to do is the events to Route 2 if thats OK with you. (Only reason being is that i havent finished MT Cobalt.) Also can you give me your email so i can send the patch to you?

Logan

Years
Okay just PM me everything that is needed. Can't you just upload it somewhere like sendspace then PM me the link? My e-mail is mucking up again xD

Aljam

Years
Allen,i made you a banner.Its messed up,though.
Spoiler:

Thank you for the wonderful banner Ray.
-----------------------------------------------------

Last night I tried editing the titlescreen. I know how to put it together but when i edited the pallette i realized that the pallette for the pokemon changed. In fact the pokemon i inserted for the title didnt even register to charizards pallette. Istead it registered with the pokemon logo's pallette. How did this happen? I might know why so ill try again tonight. Also im putting in the pokemon's crys tonight, if I can. Anyways if anybody has suggestions for DPPT pokemon for me to insert please give me some suggestions. I only need 20 because im already inserting SHINX,LUXIO,LUXRAY,RIOLOU,LUCARIO.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Ahaha.. Nice hack out there Archon ^_^ good luck with it.. KeeP up the good work :D

This is:
• Sprinkles • muwah ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back