• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wtf is mdna

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
tumblr_mm18cg27px1r90tu6o6_500.jpg

What, in your opinion, is absolutely the worst album ever made?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Things Falling Apart (Nine Inch Nails)

I haven't listened to much, but out of everything I've listened to, I don't think I've ever listened to anything worse than this. It's essentially a compilation of remixes of songs from The Fragile, and it's utterly horrid. Horrible. I don't think I've ever heard anything worse come from Trent Reznor's usual knack for music.

Of course, there's probably something far worse, but for me, this takes the cake...

Years
What's the name of Niki Minaj's current album? Because that's pretty much the height of terrible music to me. Her vocals are so heavily autotuned it sounds like that program that says what you write (you know, the one. that. talks. like. this.) and her rapping is slurred and nearly impossible to understand... and lets not start on the lyrics.

Years
220px-LilWayneRebirth.jpg

Enough said really. I like his older stuff so I don't even completely hate the guy, but this album is just awfully bad and sounds nothing like the 'rock' sound it was apparently meant to have.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
images

Skrillex's album.
Well, any of his albums are terrible, and to me are the worst things ever made.

Everytime I listen I can only do the first 40 seconds, then it's all.

ARGHGHSGHGAHGJRH:LKJOPHJIAHIPOYHKHVPIHPI!
Then my ears bleed.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
220px-LilWayneRebirth.jpg

Enough said really. I like his older stuff so I don't even completely hate the guy, but this album is just awfully bad and sounds nothing like the 'rock' sound it was apparently meant to have.

Oh crap, I haven't thought about that album since it was put out. I just flashed back to high school when I was listening to my friend talk about how excited he was for it and then it came out and he straight-up lost all hope for the world.

I completely 100% agree that it's the worst album ever.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't tend to listen to many albums all the way through if I don't like a lot of the songs that start it off. Because of that, my choice will probably seem a liiiiiiiitle bit left-field: Bon Iver, Bon Iver by (you guessed it) Bon Iver. I absolutely love his work with Kanye West and went into this album with unbelievably high expectations. And maybe it's just a case of misplaced expectations, but after listening to it (twice, as well, just so that my first impression wasn't mistaken), I'd never been so bored with an album in all of my life. I know it's a severely minority opinion, but I was just so disappointed in this that you wouldn't believe.

To clarify, I'm sure there are MUCH worse albums than this out there. I just haven't had the misfortune of listening to them as of yet. That Lil' Wayne album above is supposed to be horrible, but I haven't heard a single second of it! :D

Years
I generally don't listen to albums I don't like all the way through. Nikki Manaj is always a pretty good choice, I personally thing one of the worst things every come out musicly is the song "Miricles" by ICP. So I guess Bang Pow Boom is my answer even though I havn't listened to the entire album.

but I mean really...

Magnets...how do they work?

done...

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I don't tend to listen to many albums all the way through if I don't like a lot of the songs that start it off. Because of that, my choice will probably seem a liiiiiiiitle bit left-field: Bon Iver, Bon Iver by (you guessed it) Bon Iver. I absolutely love his work with Kanye West and went into this album with unbelievably high expectations. And maybe it's just a case of misplaced expectations, but after listening to it (twice, as well, just so that my first impression wasn't mistaken), I'd never been so bored with an album in all of my life. I know it's a severely minority opinion, but I was just so disappointed in this that you wouldn't believe.

To clarify, I'm sure there are MUCH worse albums than this out there. I just haven't had the misfortune of listening to them as of yet. That Lil' Wayne album above is supposed to be horrible, but I haven't heard a single second of it! :D

Bon Iver, Bon Iver is one of those albums where most of the songs are husks of what could've been. The first album from theirs, For Emma, Forever Ago, is one album that's in a special place in my heart because it fitted perfectly with where, when and how I was when I first listened to it. Sadly, I can't say the same about their second LP.

As for a worst album ever made... to be honest, I don't know. But I'll throw out Wolf by Tyler The Creator, an album that came out this year that I thought was just absolute rubbish from head to toe, barring -one- track that I thought was decent.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
keeffr.jpg

lol

rip hip hop, this album is ridic bad and pitchfork gave it a 7.5 for some reason [im guessing he pointed a gun at the writer of the review, too], listen to any of his songs really, foreign cars, love sosa and you'll learn that hip hop's still in dire straights even with the whole 'new wave' of rappers like kdot joey asap rocky big krit logic chance bronson etc, the fact that he actually sells the song laughin to the bank on an album shows that he probably doesnt care about fans or putting out a good work rather than makin green but yeah this album is fkin horrible lmao

34rTz.png

sums it up basically

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Ohh, this is gonna be hard for me because there is a lot of crap out there that is just noise and unrecognizable from the next. Any albums put out by Nicki Minaj, Drake, Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, ICP, Lil Wayne, Skrillex fall into this category. There are probably some I'm forgetting....but anyways. Worst of the worst? Hmm...theres stuff like Blood on the Dance Floor too... I think theres too much crap out there to say just one album without bringing personal opinions about the artists into it but for the sake of answering the question I'm going to say Justin Biebers first album (Baby? Idk). Not because of its content but because of the zombiefication it inflicted on legions of young people. If I could delete music from history I would start with his.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think Nick hit the nail on the head. I'm not an album person honestly, but that one right there...yeah, you don't even need to listen to the whole thing to know it's bad.

As for albums that I've listened to fully and by artists I actually like, I'll go ahead and say this...

6g-Ws2ZKp0j0VoJdlPpQFTl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVaiQDB_Rd1H6kmuBWtceBJ

Noctourniquet - The Mars Volta

One of my favorite bands, truly. And I was really looking forward to this album, and it got an honest "meh" out of me. I couldn't get into it at all. I understand that artists need to change and expand their horizons in order to survive the music business these days, and that's fine. I always tell people that when they berate Kings of Leon "for going mainstream" or whatever. But this...I just...it doesn't even sound like the TMV I know and love. I don't know what happened to Cedric's voice, but he sounds more like Marilyn Manson in this album. That would be fine and dandy if he were Marilyn Manson. But he's not. I was also disappointed that there were no Spanish songs on this album, but that's just personal preference.

So yeah. There's that. Sorry Razor Leaf, I know you love this album haha. It has two songs I like from it, one of which almost made the cut for my top songs of 2012, but yeah. Other than that, I don't recommend it, unless you're hardcore into TMV and just have to listen to everything. People say Octahedron is bad, but yeah...idk man, I think this tops it.

Years
As for a worst album ever made... to be honest, I don't know. But I'll throw out Wolf by Tyler The Creator, an album that came out this year that I thought was just absolute rubbish from head to toe, barring -one- track that I thought was decent.

The problem with Wolf was all the good songs were in the second half of the album and I personally had given up on it by then. A second listen improved my idea of it, but it's still really awful compared to the first two albums, at least it still continues the story.

That Chief Keef album is probably a fair choice. At least Rebirth (my choice) had Drop The World on it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
MDNA is actually a really horrible album as well btw, even from a "pop music isn't bad" point of view.

Reactions: Her
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Your arguments are all invalid.

Philemon Arthur & The Dung. I heard this song when I was a child and I've never quite recovered. All the songs pretty much sound like this.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
is.jpg

I know I will get a lot of hate from my option and this wouldn't be the worst I ever heard but it's highly overrated and I see nothing special about it par 2 mediocre songs (Last Nite/Someday).
When I listen to it my thoughts are just like the tittle due to how good it's meant to be.
I know this started the 2001 indie/garage rock craze but there are way better bands in that craze that have good albums/discography in whole (The White Stripes is one good example).
I even liked their newest album comedown machine more then this (despite that only having one good song that I really like).

Back