• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Atheism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Just wanted to find out how many Pokeholics here are atheist. I am personally.

If you are, why are you?

If not, why are you not?

Simple enough.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
I'm an Atheist. I have been since January this year.

I guess I just got fed up with religion. I felt under pressure thinking that there were rules to my life. The real world's good enough for me ;)

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
I'm an Atheist. I have been since January this year.

I guess I just got fed up with religion. I felt under pressure thinking that there were rules to my life. The real world's good enough for me ;)

Glad you actually have a good reason. A lot of people who consider themselves atheists these days are just rebelling kids who think it's the cool thing to do.

I became atheist essentially the minute my dad told me that he wouldn't tell me what to believe and that I could make my own choices.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2011
I see myself more as an Agnostic Atheist. There's this thing with me involving Gnostics in general. Both Theists and Atheists.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2011
Please elaborate on this "thing."
A lot of them just rub off as jerks and it just boils down to, "What you believe in a god, you idiot, there is none!" or "What you don't believe in God, I hope you enjoy burning in Hell!" It's rather annoying, when people like them are so stubborn like they actually know %100 what awaits us after death.

Magik?!

Georgums.
Years
I'm not so much an Athiest as a Humanist. Though I believe there may be something, I don't believe it has any effect over us or anything. I guess I count as agnostic then? I was brought up in Christian schools and stuff, but my mum is buddhist and I encountered a lot of religions and I guess I decided that the religion doesn't actually matter, nor does the God or lack of it - Disasters and tragedies happen everywhere, same with 'miracles' and 'blessings'. If there is a God, it's not discriminatory nor does it mind whether we worship it or not - therefore I choose not to.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Not me. I'm a Muslim, thus, I believe in one god.

^ Same.

I won't go around telling people to believe in God, though. That's against Islam :< We're supposed to respect everyone (although I would prefer if people believed in God. What harm is there in believing in good morals? Noting what's written in my signature.)

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
A lot of them just rub off as jerks and it just boils down to, "What you believe in a god, you idiot, there is none!" or "What you don't believe in God, I hope you enjoy burning in Hell!" It's rather annoying, when people like them are so stubborn like they actually know %100 what awaits us after death.

Reminds me of Christians who are labeled hypocrites and sanctimonious and lumped in with the televangelists when they really aren't.

If you can be complacent with your own view on religion, that's all you really need. The hateful atheists seem to drown out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
raised in a christian home and in a christian community, ended up asking myself "too many questions" and decided to abandon my faith. now i just don't get involved, though i might gripe occasionally about how destructive religion can be to the self and to society.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years

^ Same.

I won't go around telling people to believe in God, though. That's against Islam :< We're supposed to respect everyone (although I would prefer if people believed in God. What harm is there in believing in good morals? Noting what's written in my signature.)
All comes down to the single person, Yusshin.

I'm an Atheist, and I like it this way. Facing what I know is a reality and not hoping or believing that there's some reason behind all the crap that goes on in the world. There's too much pain and suffering being thrown around for me to believe in a saviour.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
Years
Personally, I am a Christian. However, I base all my beliefs directly on the Bible, and not on any one denomination. I was brought up with a lot of denominations(Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Baptist), and I disagree with certain parts of all of them. My belief comes from not only my Christian upbringing, but also the fact that I have felt God's touch many, many times. He has answered my prayers in the most creative of ways.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
Maybe, someday. Right now, I'm an agnostic-type believer. My faith dwindles down each day, so we'll see where it ends up.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Personally, I am a Christian. However, I base all my beliefs directly on the Bible, and not on any one denomination. I was brought up with a lot of denominations(Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Baptist), and I disagree with certain parts of all of them. My belief comes from not only my Christian upbringing, but also the fact that I have felt God's touch many, many times. He has answered my prayers in the most creative of ways.
Please elaborate for me in which ways he's answered your prayers.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
I consider myself as being agnostic, we can't say anything about it based in logic... I can say I believe an omnopotent god doesn't exist, though.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
I am an atheist. I don't believe in a god, because I just don't believe in it. The idea seems ridiculious, to me. It's fine with me if you do believe in a god, in fact one of my best friends believes heavily in the christian God, but I don't. If you can accept that, then we won't have any problems.

EDIT: Also, there is another reason, but like Serene Grace, I won't say it, because a whole bunch of people will disagree with me, and probably flame me. It's not exactly personal, but I don't want to get flamed.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I'm an atheist, yeah. Why? For one, it's personal and, also if I did note it here, a lot of people will disagree so lets keep it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back