• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimmReaper

Glaceon Lover <3
Years
Just wondering what your favourite series is and why?

For me it would have to be Advanced Battle, The theme song was awesome, Hoenn is my favourite region, May was much less of a pain than Misty and most of my favourite epsidoes are from AB.

What do you guys think?

Sukisu

Dark Trainer
Years
Advanced Battle was good but I like the Johto series better due to the catchy theme song to me at least.

And also because it was the first time I saw new pokemon in the series.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
A.B. had lots of exciting episodes (at least for me), but many of my favorite episodes appeared during the Sinnoh era. I really loved all the episodes with Pokemon Contest. I really loved watching Zoey and Glameow. Laughed hard, every time I saw "Jessilina" in contest.

As for the Theme song I prefer the original Japanese language versions "Rivals" "OK" "Pokemon Symphonic Medley".

Years
Johto is my favorite all the way because catchy theme song, and they didn't go "out of their way" to create the anime series. I like the other ones too, though.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Kinda a tie between Johto and Hoenn. I first started getting into the anime when Johto aired here, and Johto is pretty much my favourite regions of all anyways. There were so many episodes of those seasons that I simply love, and that's pretty much it. As for Hoenn, I think I mainly liked it because most of my experience with anything from the third generation actually comes from the anime. It's the only region other than Kanto that I've watched fully through in the anime, and it still has some of my favourite episodes.

The other ones are great too, but these are just the ones I've always loved the most :D

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I've not watched Pokemon since the originals but how can anything get better than the originals? The Venustoise fusion dance... the ancient giant Jigglypuff, Gengar and Alakazam... the "Island of the Giant Pokemon" theme park... the vengeful Tentacruel... Sabrina's dollhouse... the emotional Bye Bye Butterfree... Charizard's attitudes... it was so imaginative, surreal and heartfelt back then.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2012
i personally thought Sinnoh was the best. Ash seemed to use a lot more strategy and he had a worthy rival in Paul. And it didnt seem very dumbed down like the Unova region

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
I really got behind the Johto series...that comprised most of my childhood so I will always be bias towards it!!...from the cool theme songs to the cool pokemon to the cool region itself.....it could do NO WRONG..

PS...RA'S AL GHUL!!!...I would challenge you to a fight to the death!!...if only you didn't have those DAMN lazarus pits!! LOL

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
The seasons we watch during our childhood really make us love pokemon because it's when we believe in things the most. Personally Johto and Kanto were my favourite, because I got to see Charizard, which was just astonishing, and so I really liked it

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Sinnoh is my favorite region, thus most of my favorite episodes come from the seasons there. I love Dawn and Zoey's contest techniques, and the Ash versus Paul battles were absolutely breath-taking.

Years
I adored early-mid Johto and pretty much all of Hoenn. The latter brought some really great characters to the series and they had great relationships, especially May and Drew (and Harley)! Johto was mostly for nostalgia purposes haha. xD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back