• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least used type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't use Ice types ever since Ice types kill Dragons.

(Bit about Poison: Its more defensively stable than some types. It has only 2 weaknesses. Ground and Psychic which are not terribly common. It has only one strength, but Poison's strength is not in raw damage, it is in the status infliction. Resistance to Fighting is heavenly right now with Fighting being a little more abundant. Its resistances don't leave much to being desired, but they are easily worked around. 2 is hardly a lot of weaknesses.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, I used to avoid Bug Types until I decided to do a Bug Monotype. An Ultimate even. I'm only on my 3rd run (Black) and I'm totally in love with Bug Types now and decided to use them on my regular teams from now on.
I don't really use Steel Types... never got around to and usually, by the time I gain access to steel types I already have a team planned out. The only (half) Steel Type I actually used was Empoleon.
I haven't had much chance to use Ice Types either even tho I totally love Glaceon and well, I guess I've used Jynx before and Lapras. But for some reason they decided to always make Ice Types available late in most games and I'm too lazy to train them .-.
I'm quite sure I used all types, some more than the others.

Years
i don't use poison.
"Poison Pokemon, AKA, the red-headed step-children of offensive-types."
-AiPT

i also don't use bug because, well let's be honest, they have too many type disadvantages to take seriously. I mean, who is succeptible to fire AND rock. c'mon

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I don't use Normal, Rock or Poison that much.
In Black 2, I used Crobat as my Flying type though.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
My least-used types? Ghost, Poison, and Bug: I keep 1-2 of each just in case I need them for gym battles, but otherwise those types tend to gather dust in their PC boxes.

Years
Normal type, they don't usually have any advantage over any other type, soo I just prefer to use some more specialized pokémon. The last one I used was a Kangaskhan in FireRed.

Edit: I'm talking about mono normal type, I'm fine with normal/flying and other combinations.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not that keen on Rock types. Poison and Ground are probably closely tied in second. I just prefer Pokemon that have predominantly special moves, like Fire, Water, and Electric. And I don't always think to have a Rock type or something. Don't get me wrong though! There are some amazing Rock types out there that I like, like Nosepass, Corsola, and Tyranitar. :3

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Rock type, as they don't suit my style. Attacks are low accuracy. They are SO slow. Too much in Def, not enough attack power. Most of them are boring brown.

Steel are almost just as bad for many of the same reasons, but scissor saves them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm...I'm sure there's many types I don't use especially often, but the only deliberate ones are Bug - I don't like bugs in reality, so tbh the idea of most of these things scares me, although I'm partial to the occasional Scizor or Kricketot - and Poison. Often because it'll be dual-typed with Bug and therefore awfully vulnerable, but also because I generally don't like the design, especially the snakes. Like Bug it's a pretty naff offensive type too. I prefer to just fight dark-types and hit psychics really hard.
The only Steel-type I really use is Lucario, and sometimes Scizor. Although I should have made an effort and raised a Metagross on Emerald some time before now really.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
The only Steel types I use regularly are the same two I've gone out of my way to breed: Lucario and Skarmory. Both have a strong secondary type, both have impressive movepools, and both just plain look cool onscreen. (If Game Freak expands the "ridable Pokémon" code from X/Y to let players ride a giant bird instead of being carried like helpless prey...I would love to see my avatar flying cross-country on a Skarmory's back.)

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Hmm....Mah least used type when playin' pokeman....hmmm....ERMMMM! I gotta say it's a tie between bug and poison type (curse u Venomoth) Nah, it's not because of that, but I rarely those types in mah party. I forgot about da steel type and rock type, I don't usually them dat much neither...

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I'd have to admit that my own real-life fear of dangerous/spooky creatures influences my type choice, too: it's a rare zoologist in the real world who enjoys working with bugs or poisonous species day to day, and people in the Pokémon universe probably fear them just as badly. Ghosts probably aren't real in this world, but traditional ghost stories typecast them as evil spirits who hate the living...and who'd want to make friends with something like that?

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Steel because there are not enough steel pokemon. But I avoid using bug pokemon too. IDK why.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
Bug type, definitely, and normal.
Bug sucks, and normal, well, there are plenty of other, better pokemon.

Back