• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2

Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Firered/LeafGreen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Customized/New

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I have been test playing the game lately to keep an eye out for glitches. So far so good. The only thing that concerns me is that somewhere along the line, a sprite disappeared. I'm not sure how... I suppose I could insert a new one, but I hope nothing seriously bad happened :/ worst case scenario, i could use a back up from a few days ago.

Also, i cant ignore the poll results. I'm thinking about making a 2nd version of this game. The second one would be mostly the same but with completely different main characters, some ever so slight changes to the story, and possibly alternate missions. What do you think?

Good idea for the alternate version of the game , it reminds me flora sky which was in 2 versions ( however the differences were in the pokemon , the one had mostly genIII and genIV pokemon and the other was named "dex complement version" which had the tao trio instead of the legendary dogs and other stuff )
You could also name the second version . "pokemon indigo version" as a counterpart to pink.

Pinta77

All 8 gyms are complete as far as scripting goes. The rest is graphics. I'm working on the elite four atm.

picsss-1.jpg

rgrg.jpg

This is right outside the elite four. I dunno, kinda empty looking. And Ever Grand City looking...

Elite four battles are completed. I just need to use advance text to change the words and then change the tilesets.

Elite Four Challenger Line-up
(You know you wanna look)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
I like the feel of this game. You have a pretty great general idea but you should focus more on the important things.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
I agree. You gotta work on the presentation of your hack. Slow down, go back and make things pretty, sand out the rough spots, re-work some stuff, even add some things. We don't care if it takes you a little longer to release if it means that we get a better quality game.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Yes, i too agree with those two. Its like you want to get rid of this hack Asap to work on your other hack. Its not really good when you plan another hack while working on one, cause you'll try to finish the other one Asap. Sorry but like Black Granite X It was like it was rushed.

EpicJackman

Ace Attorney
Years
Great hack! I'll be following its progress.
I watched the trailer and all I have to say is this: Wes. I know I've seen that name before. *hears Open Sesame Tofu play* IT'S HAPPENING!

Pinta77

As far as my other hack goes, let me clear that up. It's just a Rom that I use to test things out. I have some other things in mind, and at one point i had another one I was planning out, but I set it aside to work on this.

What I'm trying to do right now is get the game to the point where it is playable up to the elite four. Once it is to that point, which should be soon, i am going to sand it out with a power sander. The problem with this hack is that I learned so many new things that I didnt know before this. For example, I had no clue how edit tiles before this, and now I do. So ny original intention was to just use the default tiles.

Now I want to change then, however the ideal thing to do would have been to edit thr tiles before I started mapping/scripting. However I didnt. So while this hack is definately going to be a "practice run" for me, I still intend to make it enjoyable.

Some of the things I want to add are

-lots of new tiles
-more new overworlds
-new music
-more post game stuff

Also, i meant armaldo for steven. Got them mixed up. And the umbreon/espeon sprites are ripped from hg/ss

Last edited:

Pinta77

Welcome to the Lunah Region Pokemon League
pinkpics.jpg

(fair enough?)

Look at the exciting things that await inside!

freeze.jpg

Maneuver past the glitches and become the champion!

Goodness... if any new hackers are reading this, always remember to back up your ROM.

Pinta77

Bah... ok. Time to stop cutting corners. The whole "come back from hoenn" thing was just an excuse to not change sprites. I've learned a lot more since the start, so I'm going to revamp the entire story. It'll be pretty much how it is now, except... er different. What I mean is it's gonna follow the same structure it already has except with character/text changes.

Why? To make the game a little more unique.

Main Characters:
Suits-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Bah... ok. Time to stop cutting corners. The whole "come back from hoenn" thing was just an excuse to not change sprites. I've learned a lot more since the start, so I'm going to revamp the entire story. It'll be pretty much how it is now, except... er different. What I mean is it's gonna follow the same structure it already has except with character/text changes.

Why? To make the game a little more unique.

Main Characters:
Suits-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

Cool front sprites , however i like both custom and r/s/e styled sprites :P Add the new ones to make it unique.have you made the ow's yet ?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I love how you're make new items and customizing older ones, it really makes the hack more interesting. On the other hand you should not mix FR/LG and R/S/E overworlds as it looks inconsistent and not very appealing. Your mapping could use a little bit of work too. I suggest heading over to the map rating thread, it's a tough crowd but they help point out some valid issues with maps.

Good luck. :)

Pinta77

Ya my mapping really could use work. I'm kinda on the fence atm because im not sure if im going to do major tile changes or not. Either way, the mapping (among many other things) will be cleaned up eventually.

I have overworlds for the male character except for watering can and stuff, however i intend to add those. Female, i attempted to make some overworlds but i was having trouble.

Also, I am sick right now. I don't feel like doing much, so I'm going to take a couple days of of this project. =/ maybe i should go with Orange juice instead of soda. Lol

Pinta77

Been kinda busy lately. But I've been working on Avery's (female character's) over world sprites. Ciel's (Male Character's) are done including the running shoes sprites except for watering can and a few other awkward animations, but I plan on doing those to because I don't like it when hackers don't make sprites for those animations >.<

Back