• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Yayz new members *adds them all*
Thanks for joining everyone and I hope you enjoy it here >.<

I also just trained two days ago with Lucario against the usual level 9 AI's (level 8 and below are kinda too easy to beat for me), which just reminds me of something I read about Level 9's "responding" to every button we press. For example if we press A from a far place they can't reach us, they'll shield themselves even if they're not being attacked. Any thoughts on this? xD

What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?

Probably a Gen V Pokemon to replace Lucario or something, like Victini... it'd also probably be a good idea to add a few more Fire Emblem characters xD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Oh sweet, Smash Brothers! I'm interested in joining!

Your Username: Game Over1375, but I ask that everyone just calls me Game.

How did you start playing Smash Bros?
When did the original on the N64 come out? Yeah... I started on the day it came out. XD

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
I love Super Smash Bros. My favorite game was Melee, but I do recognize Brawl as a great game to the series. My only problem was that it did away with so many great things that were in Melee.

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
My favorite characters in Melee were Young Link, Mario, Kirby, and Bowser, and my strategies would be based on the characters. Favorite characters in Brawl are Toon Link, Luigi, Kirby, and Bowser.

What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
Don't really know enough to have a good opinion. I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome though.

Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
Hm... That's a toughie. Tails is someone I would love to see. Although I doubt it'll happen, it would be AMAZING to see Giygas (Mother 1 and 2) in the next game in some way. Oh, Bower Jr. too. That would be sweet. WAIT!!!! Hold the presses. Geno. 'Nuff said.

There's really only one I can think of, and that's Midna.
> It was released world wide 1999.

> Maybe I should have phrased my question a bit better then what I was thinking of at the time. What I meant was a character from a series that isn't already rep so Midna would be LOZ rep

Welcome to the club Gameover

Well, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully I can still join. XD

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
x I've been a fan since the original. I remember seeing Mario and Link on the cover and couldn't resist it. Lol.

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
x I'm obsessed with Brawl. Avid player since it came out.

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
x I'm one of the few, the proud, the Ness players. I always play defensively in video games, and Ness is the single most defensive character in Brawl. PSI Magnet, ftw! Takes a lot of close watching, though, but it's not rare to get out of a fight without losing a life if you go about it right. PSI Fire has a lot of defense capabilities and is absolutely wonderful for setting up combos. Fire, then use Ness' overpowered grab or just keep spamming out more fires. Then there's Thunder. Inconvenient at times, yes, but it does such immense % damage to be able to control. Same goes for Flash (AKA PK FROSH!), although it's a bit more difficult to get in all stealthy like. I usually try to capture them trying to recover from edges with it.

Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
x We need some Paula, Jeff, and Poo IMO (from Earthbound/MOTHER).

x I would not like to see Marth. I know that. Too much Ness pwnage from his OP self. :P
Regardless if Marth leaves which he won't you will still have stealthy sword based characters and probably more stealthy Fire Emblem Lords like Lyn as she was in the assist trophy or another one I am familiar with is Ephaim(although he uses lances). Not to mention That didn't really answer the question

Welcome to the Club Johnnikles.

I'm not sure this counts as recent because he's been around for quite a while, but I figure he's in recent games so it works. I'd love to see Waluigi as a playable character. I think he would be like a more useful version of Luigi lol.
Eh I dunno if Mario 64 Tennis is what I would consider fairly new since his debut was 2000. Also as said earlier I'd consider him a Mario rep. I'd be a little more high on the bandwagon if he actually was in a Mario game that wasn't a spin off. But Waluigi always struck me as pretty badass which is why I always used him on Mario Party. Luigi does seem pretty useless, just about as much as Mario. Luigi final smash seems about as useful as DKs.

I'd like to join please :D
Your username: AlexOzzyCake

My favourite character to use is Ike. I use him literally every single time. His powerful attacks still manage to carry some speed and his special attacks are the best! Plus his hair and cape are just awesome. <3

Hmm, interesting question... I think I'd like to see Scraggy as a new Pokemon based contestant! I'd also like to see Lakitu or Koopa Troopa get some action in Brawl - how cute would it be to play as them? x]
Welcome to the club Alex. Ike is pretty awesome, although I am sad he replaced Roy although I can see why since he was in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn whereas Roy was only a playable character Fuin no Tsurugi, should have had Sigurd, Eliwood, or Hector in Melee instead... but oh well.

Scraggy seems unlikely behind Zoroark and Victini. At the very most he may be a pokeball. Not to mention a lot of people are pushing for Mewtwo return. Maybe even pokemon co. with the Mewtwo merchandise lately and the Mewtwo event over wifi. I would like to see their return as generic enemies, but I'd much rather see Waluigi, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., or even Toad. Or even a more obscure character Wart from Super Mario Bros. II.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
I've been thinking that it would be just amazing if Shonen Jump decided to give their characters to HAL Labratories. I would really like to use Ichigo or Luffy. I have played Jump! Super Stars, but it's not as good as SSB.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Has anybody heard anything noteworthy about Smash Bros for 3DS? I saw the other day that it was available for preorder when I went to preorder Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. I was going to preorder it while I was there but I decided I'd leave it for now since there wasn't even cover art on the box yet so I feel like its still a while away (though it said "Coming 2012!")

I'm unsure of how good it would be with 3DS controls and small screen, but then again I was pleasantly surprised by Tekken on 3DS so my skepticism may be unnecessary!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
All I've heard or seen about it is that it was a possibility, and now that it has been officially announced. I don't think there is any more info at the moment apart from a possibility of Capcom characters.

Shining Raichu

Years
I could go and Google this, but that would be a lot of effort and we need discussion here anyway, so I'll ask haha - what are Capcom characters?

EDIT: OK what the hell. I just Googled it because I have no self-control and I found... well, lets just say I hope that isn't true. Ace Attorney characters? I get annoyed enough just seeing people post Ace Attorney gifs here on PC, let alone having them in my Smash Bros game! And Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Street Fighter?

Those characters would ruin the game - they are far too removed from the Nintendo characters that make the game what we know and love.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Only Capcom character I would want is Megaman or X. Otherwise, crapcom can just not have a rep for all I care.

And a pre-order this early? When the developement just started pretty much after the release of Uprising.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I think it would look kinda weird if Capcom characters were included lol (with the exception of Megaman ofc)... but then again there's Sonic... xD

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Capcom characters?

*thinks Mario vs. Megaman vs. Sonic and then begins drooling*

Good Lord have mercy upon me... That would be a dream come true! *fanboy squeel* Although it could just be a rumor. Here's hoping it happens! (FYI, Capcom has worked with Nintendo on devoloping five different Zelda games, The Oracle games, the GBA remake of A Link to the Past, Four Swords, and The Minish Cap. I certainly think Capcom getting involved in the development of SSB 3DS somehow is possible.)

Shining Raichu

Years
And a pre-order this early? When the developement just started pretty much after the release of Uprising.

How long has it been since the release of Uprising? It definitely said 'Coming 2012', so it looks like development is moving faster than anticipated!

On the subject of Capcom, if what Game Over says is right then that might not be so terrible - but I swear to God if one Street Fighter character joins I might just ragequit lol.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I think that their plan will be just Megaman IF they are given permission. All I read were that they were talking to CapCom, nothing official yet.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
How long has it been since the release of Uprising? It definitely said 'Coming 2012', so it looks like development is moving faster than anticipated!

On the subject of Capcom, if what Game Over says is right then that might not be so terrible - but I swear to God if one Street Fighter character joins I might just ragequit lol.
It was released March 23rd.

I think that their plan will be just Megaman IF they are given permission. All I read were that they were talking to CapCom, nothing official yet.
It is more on Capcom to allow it then anything which I am worried about, considering the recent handling of Megaman franchise.

Hopefully if the development is fast we get a short trailer at E3 and they update and re-open Smash Dojo.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
So I was reading and getting up to speed. Capcom characters? I have no idea...why not just make them fighting games like that DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat one. I highly disagree with any capcom be involved. Megaman would be a good addition because of who he is, and Sonic was a must added for a while (wanted him in before Melee was announced, etc). We can only hope and disappoint.

Shining Raichu

Years
I decided to stop being lazy and actually go looking for news on the 3DS game myself, but I found nothing. I did, however, find this article that I can't believe we all missed lmao.

SUPER SMASH BRONIES!

Seriously how did we all miss that haha

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
So I was just thinking. Since Sonic made its appearance and some want the likes of Shadow, Megaman, how does people feel if Pacman were to be introduced? I think I'd like to see Pacman, definitely would bring in a brand new taste, in my opinion.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
So I was just thinking. Since Sonic made its appearance and some want the likes of Shadow, Megaman, how does people feel if Pacman were to be introduced? I think I'd like to see Pacman, definitely would bring in a brand new taste, in my opinion.
well I don't see it as being more out of place than mr. game and watch. Only thing is what could pacman actually do?

Shining Raichu

Years
I honestly wish they'd just strike Mr. Game and Watch from the entire series. He annoys me so much and he is so hard to use!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
well I don't see it as being more out of place than mr. game and watch. Only thing is what could pacman actually do?
Eat you up like Yoshi can? lol I don't know, but Pacman do face bad guys out there..I guess he could be the most dull character or something. I was just checking for fun, imaginative ideas is all xD
I honestly wish they'd just strike Mr. Game and Watch from the entire series. He annoys me so much and he is so hard to use!
Well I was looking through Mario Kart's recent games and I never knew they had a couple Arcade games with Mr and Ms Pacman and Blinkie, and I figured, "Mm, how would that be if he was included in SSB?" But Mr Game and Watch, I knew a lot of people who absolutely love the guy, annoying as he can be, he's fun to face though.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Pacman would be OK, I could imagine it using a move to fire those little blue ball things at enemies (just as irony), and sometimes a random fruit or something.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Username: CarefulWetPaint

I'm in. Love the original game so much. (Still play it on my still working N64). I think the ones on the game cube kinda blew a little bit though..
I haven't really played the new ones that much but the first one was definitely a fantastic game. I did everyone on it and unlocked everyone! Finished it with everyone! And all their time trails and such. Good good fun.

I don't even think I know who Mr Game and Watch is. Andy just because you can't play him doesnt make him bad >.>
I don't think Pacman would fit into the game very well though, just doesnt seem like something that would suit him.. Bomberman on the other hand, bring him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back