• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You are ashamed of liking pokemon?! So sad... I thought people would stand up for the game, but you say it is for another... Pssh.. I'M 14 and this franchise fuuuu- epic to me.
I think what's sad is criticizing people for being ashamed to like the series, let alone buy anything related to it. That is almost as bad, if not worse, than people criticizing for liking the franchise as a whole. You're being nothing but a hypocritical fanboy.

Whether you like Pokemon or being ashamed about it, it doesn't matter, regardless of age. It also doesn't matter if others think people of older age shouldn't play the games or enjoy the series. I personally don't like Pokemon anymore, and think it's rehash after rehash, but whether people like it or hate it is the least of my concerns. Now, criticizing others for their opinions, no matter which side, is what doesn't fly by me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I work in retail and when people buy things that aren't targeted at their demographic, they always come up to the counter and say things like "oh this isn't for me" - and therefore I know from personal experience that the cashier doesn't give a crap what you buy... because I know I don't give a crap what anybody wants to buy.

So when I go to the counter at the game store, I do it the same way I'd buy a packet of chocolate biscuits. It's also the same way I'd buy a pack of condoms. I'd walk easily to the counter, ask for the game, get it and leave lol. I'm even buying both versions, so I should be doubly embarrassed... but I'm not :P

Years
It shames me more to be a part of the society where people could question my interest in a video game - Especially a game so fun and successful , than it ever would to buy the game in the first place. I can't imagine needing an excuse... But that's not what the topic's about, so...

If for some reason I felt that I needed an excuse, something like 'I'm buying it for my younger sister' Though, that would hardly be a lie. Come the end of the year, I'll probably have brought this game five times over - I get both, my sisters get one each, and I'll buy my dad a copy for Christmas - He loves the Pokemon games ^.^

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Everyone is a geek of some sort and should be ashamed of it. Those of us in this community are pokegeeks. Others Call of Duty, Halo, etc.. Others fitness and so forth. I admit I am a pokegeek, or pokenerd. One should be ashamed of that and if your friends cant accept that fact, well then they werent your friends in the first place were they?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
^ That makes no sense to me. I don't need an excuse, I just love Pokemon and have loved it for 14 years. People shouldn't be ashamed to be a nerd or geek or Pokenerd. And as other have mentioned you shouldn't be ashamed to be a Pokemon game and no one at the store really gives a crap what you buy.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I had a conversation about the games once with the clerk when I was buying BW, and they were many years older than me, haha.

I don't really care - I just go and buy the game. As such my excuse for buying the game will be 'because it's fun'. =p

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
You guys are all way too brave, I plan to sit at home behind the keyboard and order it :p

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
I won't be buying them, they had a great opportunity to make a new addition to the Pokemon story and franchise but instead made two of the third color.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
Back when I bought Diamond I felt a LITTLE shy, because no one, and I mean NO.ONE.plays pokemon in my country T_T It's strange that they even sell pokemon games here.
But when I bought White I didn't care, and what's more, I found it really amusing when boys or men stare at me at the shop, saying something like "omg a pretty girl plays games? that's cool~" with their gaze, LOL.
As for the "exuse" part - if I want something, other people's thoughts are the last thing that I care about.

Years
I don't think people should need an excuse, it's a game. I never really understood why Pokemon was to be deemed a "kids" game, and games like Mario aren't. I'll probably buy it through Best Buy and get the reward points.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
If you think it's just A game then you have NO game :)

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I'm pre-ordering them both to be picked-up IN STORE so i guess i don't really care. I mean i was VERY ashamed when i got my event (Snarl) Zoroark from EB Games. <.<; But when i picked up White at K-Mart, i just wanted it THAT badly, i'd been waiting 3 months post-release. So my excuse is that "i've waited patiently since i heard of it, so I don't really care what you think." Plus, if they do a Midnight release, i'll be with other Pokemon Geeks.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I won't be buying them, they had a great opportunity to make a new addition to the Pokemon story and franchise but instead made two of the third color.

What are you talking about? Sequels ARE a new addition to the Pokemon story. In fact, they're a continuation to the Black and White story which is different than making a third version with just extra features and basically the same story but altered a bit. It's actually an innovation to the franchise and is a change. That's kind of silly if that's your only excuse for not buying these games.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Japan are loving that game. There'd be no excuse to buy it.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Like the last poster said, I'll just go up to the employee and purchase the game from them. I'm not ashamed: I'm a Pokemon fan and I'm proud of it, tbh. xD

Back