• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2016
Yesterday I decided to get a Milotic for breeding. So I thought: Why don't I just put one of my freakin bad shiny Magikarps on GTS in exchange for it? After I checked back several hours later I was really surprised: A perfect IV Milotic, EV trained with Dragon Pulse. So I saved the breeding, what's awesome ^^

Years
i just wanted to train my BrightVirgo(Shiny Gardevior) in the fighting safari and there he was Shiny Machamp [Rash/Steadfast] I don't want him so he's up for trade soon.

The luck about this is he was found in 2 encounters

Nakala Pri

When I was battling against a particularly mean Abomasnow and it used Earthquake I was left with ONE HP and I was all like 'Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!' when the health bar was going down, down, down into the dark, red abyss and then...

YAAAAY, CELEBRATION!! xD

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I encountered a shiny Miltank while skating around near Baa-De-Merr Ranch, but sadly I ran out Pokeballs and killed it. My other time of luck is when my friend traded me a Shiny Giratina from an event on Pokémon BW/BW2. I transferred it up, and after a bit of patiently waiting for a trade, I got a Mew! I also felt lucky when finally beating the elite four a month ago.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
Before Pokemon Bank was out in Europe, Australia, and America. Some passerby flashed me a Bank Celebi. I was wondering what to offer then I decided to offer my Rayquaza which I got off the GTS then he accepted.
Another is when I encountered a shiny Growlithe in Friend Safari while trying to look for a shiny Braxien in less than 10 encounters.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
Years
Not sure how lucky this is but i considered it pretty lucky. While playing through the story of pkmn X (again) I was beating on Team Flare right before you face Xerneas. I realized none of my party pokemon had a move to paralyze, freeze, or put to sleep Xerneas. Upon facing Xerneas I remembered my bank Celebi has Nature power, which in this area becomes Tri Attack. I dont know the exact numbers but to get tri attack to burn, paralyze, or freeze is incredibly low, after 2 hits (my celebi is Lv 66) Xerneas had 1/3 life left. Thinking i would KO it I used Nature power, Xerneas had pry 5 hp left, aaannddd.....became FROZEN!!! Not only that but one ultra ball and i caught him :)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I was wandering around in the grass in Pokemon X and came across a Shiny Tauros. The nature is absolutely horrible, but the limey-yellow looks kind of neat. That's my third shiny in my whole Pokemon "career" lol

That said, I almost killed it. My Pokemon were way higher-leveled so I was using Poison to lower it down. If that last Ultra Ball hadn't caught it, Poison status would have KO'd it. Luckily it didn't. I regretted Poison almost immediately lol

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
Three. moments for me. First, I placed a Level 30 Cacturne with a few perfect IVs in the GTS. One week later, Level 100 Italian Mewtwo. *shrug* I placed the Mewtwo in my game in the GTS and got a Yveltal, so I finished the trio. Speaking of which, a few months ago, I was attempting to catch Zygarde. 20 Ultra Balls wasn't enough. I was using all my junk balls, like the odd premier ball. Only ball left, one Pokè Ball. I through it, and with it my fear and hope, and I caught it. I freaking exploded with happiness. Third lucky moment was when I hatched a shiny Gible after only 18 eggs. Once again, explosions of joy. I've been pretty lucky so far, and I'm hoping my luck continues.

EDIT: Just checked the IVs of the Italian Mewtwo, they are: 31/x/31/x/x/31 So not bad.

Last edited:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
The luckiest moments in X so far would be some Wonder Trade gifts.

I ended up getting a Phione and Yamask from Wonder Trade during the same night, after Pokemon Bank shut down for fixing. So that means that someone who got bank Wonder Traded it.

What are the odds, you know? O:

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
Years
2 days in a row i've found a shiny in horde battles while EV training my battle team! I trained many pokemon via hordes in Victory Road and NOTHING! Then I start EV training and BAM first a shiny Roggenrola then a shiny Gulpin. Neither of them are very special or anything but pretty cool to find some in the wild! I've had such luck with that, that now I started offering EV training in my shop lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
my luckiest moment in my pokemon x was my first critical catch...... normally im not excited about a critical catch, but for what i got said critical catch on, ooh boy i was on cloud 9 for a few minutes afterwards...... my first critical catch, and my luckiest moment was XERNEAS!!!!!!!! yup i kid you not, my first critical catch of gen 6 was one of the main legends of the kalos region :D here's how it went down:

i lead the battle with my trusty gengar, and instantly mega evolved it, used t-bolt chipping off approx. 25% of its HP. next turn i use shadow ball brings it slightly lower...... next turn i start chucking dusk balls since im not only in a cave at that time but its also night time outside first throw it breaks free instantaneously and i was like, hmmmmm this things catch rate mustn't be too high...... next turn comes i chuck another dusk ball and BAM! firt critical catch for me in the kalos region :D sooooooooooo happy when that happened

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
Running into my first horde of Pokemon - a murder of Murkrows- and finding a Shiny in the horde :3 I called him Vengeance and gave him to my older brother for Christmas :3 Besides that, finding all my other shinies- Eevee, Kecleon, Shuppet...:3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
My only significant moment so far was when I threw an Ultra ball on Yveltal and caught him at full health right after the battle started without any soft resets. My luck ran out when I had to get Mewtwo later... Took me about half an hour and about 3-4 SRs.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
when I caught a shiny Minccino in Friend Safari in late February... lucky moment for me was last night when I was looking at it's stats carefully and just realized that it has it's hidden ability.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
My level 45 eelektross surviving 2 hits that should've killed it because of pokemon amie during an inverse battle.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Yestereday, I got 2 shiny ninetales back to back! They both were female, flash fire, and had special attack and speed and special attack and special defense ivs. Then 7 encounters later I found another one with drought! It also had special attack and speed ivs!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 4, 2018
My luckiest moment was when I was battling Diantha, the champion.

I was still healthy and strong by the time her Gardevoir made it's appearance. I hadn't realized that Nintendo/Game Freak had changed the typing of Gardevoir so that made a bit of a road block for me. I did my best to beat them both down but her Gardevoir pretty much wiped the floor with my team. I had been saving my Lucario that I had received from Korrina back at the Tower of Mastery for backup just in case. He was so far my strongest and most reliable (as he was the first I fully affection-trained in Amie). I sent him out and hoped to the heavens I would win even though Psychic-type moves are somewhat effective against him. It was a back and forth battle for a few turns. She would lower my health down into the critical range and I'd quickly be trying to refill Lucario's lost health. Finally, a critical hit landed and lowered me into the single-digits. I knew that the next move would be the end. I made my move and pretty much gave up hope then. But I was shocked to realize that Lucario stood his ground and toughed the attack out. I tried another attack again, knowing that I was done for and another hit came our way. That shock came again when Lucario's health bar never moved an inch from where it was. Right then, I knew that I wasn't going to go down so easily. I ended up finishing off Gardevoir and winning the champions title in one go. All thanks to Lucario.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've somehow run into a shiny Litleo today (already have one, but), and had only one Poké Ball with me. I didn't attack it or anything, as I was afraid of making it faint. I threw the ball, and it was captured instantly. :] Was pretty afraid that this wouldn't happen, but thankfully, I was wrong. Very lucky, haha.

Back