• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Storyline Speculation!

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
For me, there was many firsts in Gen V like returning back to its roots, a crossover spin-off, and a sequel pair than just one version. By judging from the new forms of Kyurem or Zekrom and Reshiram? (don't know how to call it) Maybe, the storyline would take a dramatic turn and a more diverse storyline that just plain old travelling, getting badges, being a champion.. etc... The storyline for me would be like... Unova's balance was been thrown out of whack and the protagonist must restore balance to the world or something like that... I don't know, Just my opinion... =)

Cello

Tonight!
Years
-Black/White is the Champion

That would be kind of cool, if it's what I think you're saying.
It would be a couple years after B/W, and the trainer you play as in the first installment of B/W is the champion. That way you can be a new trainer and battle them in the same way that you battled Red in G/S/C.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Does anybody remember what Cynthia said in B/W?

I want to see this put into action...
This is interesting indeed. I have for this for so long.

A battle between Champions and their Elite Fours will epic.
But whos the Hoenn champion Wallace of Stone?
Possibly Mikuri, since Daigo too captivated and obsessed by stone lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
For me, there was many firsts in Gen V like returning back to its roots, a crossover spin-off, and a sequel pair than just one version. By judging from the new forms of Kyurem or Zekrom and Reshiram? (don't know how to call it) Maybe, the storyline would take a dramatic turn and a more diverse storyline that just plain old travelling, getting badges, being a champion.. etc... The storyline for me would be like... Unova's balance was been thrown out of whack and the protagonist must restore balance to the world or something like that... I don't know, Just my opinion... =)

I think it'll be similar to Emerald in that regard only two legends aren't in the middle of battle. Though there will proably be badges involved and being champ.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
Does anyone think that the Kyurem movie will give us hints in the story line of B2/W2.
Also Since the Muskateers play an important role in the movie, Im guessing that they will also play an important role in B2 and W2? Anyways im also curious about what type they will be. In B2 im guessing Ice and Electric and in W2 Ice and Fire and the names Kyuram and Kyurom. But what will be of Reshiram and Zekrom??

Last edited:

Years
They're proably gone, my guess is that Hilda/Hilbert still have their mascot and N released his which then fused with Kyurem and can somehow split back into two (ohh, two legends in one capture?!)

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
It would be a surprise if the forms would be 3 types than just 2 but it is highly unlikely but we should consider it as a possibility.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
It would be a surprise if the forms would be 3 types than just 2 but it is highly unlikely but we should consider it as a possibility.

Yeh, the New formes look like a combination of Dragon, Ice and Fire/Electric. They could possibly give them 3 types, but that just wouldn't work and many people would dislike it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I'm thinking that the new games would have improvements similar to Platinum, so that there will be more post-story stuff (and also stuff in Generation 4 that was taken away in Generation 5)...and some story improvements. Maybe even put a prologue (the opposite of a post-story, which is an epilogue), maybe?

Years
Maybe the intro shows where N went... also I can see the storynline focusing even more on the mascot than the previous games did. Who knows, maybe Kyurem is the antagonist...

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
If these games are in fact sequels to B/W and not just a third game done in a new way.... then I'm thinking they will HAVE to include brand new player characters, otherwise they will not make any sense at all. How would they explain the character starting off with no Pokemon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bianca as a champion would be... weird @ posts back.

What I do want is for an ice age type thing. From the sounds of it being a sequel, after the events of Black and White, I'd say it could be possible more than ever, and the fact that Kyurem is the mascot for both, yeaah... GOD AN ICE-AGE UNOVA WOULD BE AWESOME AND THEN IT SLOWLY DEFROSTING AS YOU GO FORWARD IN TIME OMFG. AND AND AND PLASMA OR ANOTHER EVIL TEAM COMES OUT AND TRIES TO HARNESS KYUREM'S POWERS SO THEY HAVE CONTROL TO FREEZE EVERYONE!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
New player characters, hopefully with better fashion sense. I also want to see another female Champion, preferably Bianca if it's not somebody totally new. Alder creeped me out. And maybe for once the protagonist's hometown won't be some small town in the middle of nowhere.

I really don't want another legendary-based plotline, but considering that two forms of that ice dragon thingy were introduced along with the names of these games, that wish is gonna be another pipe dream. At least maybe the evil team is back to the classic "steal Pokemon for profit and power" scheme and the plot involving the legendary is separate.

I'd also like to see a truly nasty rival this time. Maybe he joins the evil team. Maybe he moves through the ranks and becomes LEADER of the evil team.

I'd also like to track down both Ghetsis and N and bring them to justice, Yes, N too, he was an accomplice in the whole Plasma scheme.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I doubt that he'll team up with two teams long since disolved. Though maybe Cyrus return's and helps Ghetsis...maybe Kyurem's forme's were unnaturaly put back together using Galactic's technology...

It's possible that Hoenn games are set to take place at similar time as Unova games, in B/W there are rumors about Team Rocket and Galactic being dissolved, but nothing about Aqua/Magma. So it's possible in B2/W2 there might be some storyline connections with Aqua/Magma and later those connections might be expanded in R/S remakes.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
There are four possible scenarios here regarding the general story:
  • Locker said in B/W that N was spotted with a dragon Pokemon in a land far away. This could be foreshadowing to a new region/old region being accessible in the game. Please note that a new region does not need new Pokemon.
  • N comes back from the far away land and the story remains in Unova.
  • N never comes back, and that will remain a plot hole.
  • The story from B/W is used again but changed slightly

Let's hope for the first one.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I'm going with a cross region adventure in Unova and Hoenn where instead of gyms you battle the sages and do other things.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm going with a cross region adventure in Unova and Hoenn where instead of gyms you battle the sages and do other things.

Assuming the story takes place after Black and White, all the sages have been captured by Locker already.

Back