• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Level Grinding in Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
On R/S and D/P, I used to Level-Grind a lot before and after E4 just for something mainly to do while traveling or just messing around but now it just gets way to boring, I prefer just to do Wi-Fi battles, trades, dream world etc...

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
Years
Right now on Pokemon White, I'm trying to let my brother catch up to me in the main story, so I've just been leveling up my Pokemon, and I recently got an Oshawott over trade, and leveled it up to level 36 and evolved it for my Pokedex within like... 5 minutes.

I'm at the point in the game right before I fight the 8th gym leader whom, according to Serebii, has Pokemon around level 40. My team's all level 50s. I wonder who's gonna win. :/

All I did was train Audinos on Route 10. I would cycle back and forth in the non-tall grass, and wait for a patch to shake, then I'd fight whatever appeared. It was mostly Audino, but I sometimes got Sawks and Emolgas. I think it took like, 2 fights with a lucky egg to level up, while I was about level 40? :P

The sad thing is, I was using a Frillish, so the Audino couldn't even hurt me in any way. I got really easy training there. :)

Then I got Pokerus while doing it... I wonder how many HP EVs I got...

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2014
actually for me when i was young the reason i never got bored is because i didnt have anything else better to do. i miss those days. now im 17 and my patience is rather thin. so what i do is play them on vba or desmume and turn on the throttle. because in my opinion, pokemon doesnt really have the game flow for enjoyable grinding.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
Years
I actually don't remember any point in the official games where I needed to grind ny levels up, except for post-game on Crystal when my team were 92/92s and I grinded them to lvl 100 to take on Battle Tower again.

In hacks I tend to do a lot of grinding though purely because the games are harder and if I don't grind, I'll very quickly become underleveled abd struggle with the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't like level grinding. I try to avoid it if possible. But at the same time I like having six Pokemon on my team so sometimes, if I'm really underleveled I'll do my best to grind a bit before I get tired and then simply try again with whatever gym leader I'm stuck on of whatever. But otherwise I just end up going through the game underleveled for the most part after getting more of my team members oops. ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back