• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

treecko 22

Lucario 9's brother
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2008
When i start the game, i can't go out of the van + the border is glitchie.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Ah, so I see you decided to release it early, huh? ;P

Well, I can't play it unfortunately, but it looks nice. :)
Good luck~

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow finally the LoG is coming :D im happy youre back in hacking DJG :D im excited to see the new tile set and grapics :D GL ill support this one all the way

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Mehish hack.

Pretty Decent overall, DJG.(WHY U NEVER TALK TO ME ON YIM. ARE YOU MAD AT ME?? D:)

Though I think the overworlds could of been replaced D=.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
well that was quick...*downloads* gonna play beta 1 up to.... ... ... ... ... ... .. .? hey how many badges does the beta end and at what point of it???

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey are you changing the tiles to Platinum?
If so, cool!
If not, cool!
Keep it up!

and if maybe...? still cool...? :P
I will add new tiles when I feel like adding new ones though~

Alright, I decided to report all the bugs I find, as to further the progress of the hack. NOTE: I will report every little tiny bug, even if it cannot be fixed/is hardly noticable ;)

-the long spoiler thingy removed-

That's as far as I got, because I couldn't find the go-goggles, and I accidentally deleted my save. What I played of the hack, was wonderful, I only had one complaint. There were too many existing scripts from Ruby, which was a bit of a turn off, but somehow this hack has motivated me to begin working on my hack again. It just gave me a good feeling while playing it. Kudos, and Luck~

those movements errors... I better fix them then... :P
and about the grammar errors, I kinda agree with the 'come' instead of 'came', but I need to read my grammar book first though, and also, I think 'saw' suits best than 'see' 'cause it's in the past tense already...

and the Go-Goggles will be given to you after you got your second badge/symbol, unfortunately, the current available beta's only up to defeating the first master the second time.

and by Ruby scripts, you mean...? :\
I need to know so I can see if I can remove them(if you mean the sandstorm, I rescripted it, 'cause if I reuse the old Ruby sandstorm script, it causes the maps not to show their names anymore, I think)...

but thanks~

this hack is relly good...
I've see a lot of number of script..^^
I hope to see a new graphical for this hack..
good work destinedjagold ;)

I ain't good at graphics though, so I doubt I can make it graphically-excellent... :\

but thanks~

When i start the game, i can't go out of the van + the border is glitchie.

no idea...
maybe bad patching, or ROM incompatibility, maybe?

I'd like to report that the boat script(the one where you meet the guy on board) froze for me.

are you maybe playing with No$GBA, 'cause the same happenes to me while I was beta testing through No$GBA...
I forgot to add that in the first post...

wow finally the LoG is coming :D im happy youre back in hacking DJG :D im excited to see the new tile set and grapics :D GL ill support this one all the way

er, when did I stop? :\
but anyways, thanks~

Mehish hack.

Pretty Decent overall, DJG.(WHY U NEVER TALK TO ME ON YIM. ARE YOU MAD AT ME?? D:)

Though I think the overworlds could of been replaced D=.

It'll be replaced, it is just that my spriters are busy with their lives, so I don't bother bothering them if they are too busy~

also, sorry if I don't talk to you through YM...
but I always reply when someone talks to me.

well that was quick...*downloads* gonna play beta 1 up to.... ... ... ... ... ... .. .? hey how many badges does the beta end and at what point of it???

er.., read the first post on the Beta Info...

The Pokemon your shaman was talking about in the forest... What's it called... Can we see it?

Shaman in the forest? you mean the old lady in Sinister Woods?
no-no-no... that wasn't your shaman...
maybe I better change one of their overworlds to avoid confusion...
anyways, the PKMN it said was GUIBIT, but it's backsprite, and preevolution sprites aren't sprites yet, so I haven't inserted the sprite in the ROM yet, but it will be, soon, when it's done. ;)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Oh boy oh boy..I was really waiting for this one. And I think it looks great. I would recommend a darker pallete for the D/P styled tree though. Overall it looks great. I hope I get some free time to check out the beta. Good luck!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
GUIBIT, huh...
I suggest different palletes, but other that that, the beta is nearly-perfect. Why? There are some movement bugs and grammar errors for example:
Did you came out of that cave?

It should be:
Did you come out of that cave?
or:
Have you came out of that cave?

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2011
YEAH LIFE OF GUARDIAAAAAAANS finally after so much time grats on finishing it DJG

omg.... i saw a Felinar in the grass and hadnt even gotten pokeballs yet.....AWW MAN~!~~~~

Last edited:

nitercap

Intense Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2010
Nice I just seen this hack showcase.
I been waitting for this for a very long time and by the way everybody talking so nicely about it, it must be good!
But one question, where does this beta end?

Nice I just seen this hack showcase.
I been waitting for this for a very long time and by the way everybody talking so nicely about it, it must be good!
But one question, where does this beta end?

never mind about the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years

and if maybe...? still cool...? :P
I will add new tiles when I feel like adding new ones though~

those movements errors... I better fix them then... :P
and about the grammar errors, I kinda agree with the 'come' instead of 'came', but I need to read my grammar book first though, and also, I think 'saw' suits best than 'see' 'cause it's in the past tense already...

and the Go-Goggles will be given to you after you got your second badge/symbol, unfortunately, the current available beta's only up to defeating the first master the second time.

and by Ruby scripts, you mean...? :\
I need to know so I can see if I can remove them(if you mean the sandstorm, I rescripted it, 'cause if I reuse the old Ruby sandstorm script, it causes the maps not to show their names anymore, I think)...

but thanks~
Actually It would truthfully be "see". I have no idea why, but it truly is. Neways, I couldn't battle Janice the second time, for some reason. I believe it was because the script in that town didn't activate for some odd reason. And I mean the original Ruby talking scripts that are littered throughout the hack. But it was nice overall, keep it up! Luck~

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
...So you mean the Go-getters created the world that the hero in the first game went into? Wow, this is a superb plot!

I wish you the best of luck!

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Really great hack! The bit at the start with the truck noise is weird but it doesn't matter this is an awesome hack!

You should add D/P sprites for the starters.

Last edited:

treecko 22

Lucario 9's brother
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2008
well iv try'd all sorts of ruby roms but it's still glitchie, so it must be that patch.
can someone pm it to me patched please ?
i will love you forever (not in that way)XD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
well iv try'd all sorts of ruby roms but it's still glitchie, so it must be that patch.
can someone pm it to me patched please ?
i will love you forever (not in that way)XD
Giving out links to Roms anywhere on the forum is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back