• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
On the Larva and on the second evolution of the Larva, there are none or little black outlines...:\ Also, on the third Ant Pokemon, its anatomy looks awkward on its body. :\ It looks to jagged and squarish in my opinion. The birds look excellent! I cant see anywhere which could be improved. Well done. :D

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks a lot. I see what you mean with the ants. I know I won't add black to the larvae, it's transparent so black wouldn't work. As for the ant, I might have to, but I don't know if it'll work or not. I will try and fix up the last form, I see what you mean, perhaps I rushed it too much, for which I apologize.

RyanHoward

Biggest Phillies Fan in Site
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2009
this is really junk did you know that pikachu really does turn to raichu and you put the wrong numbers for ledyba etc. tis thread is junk and junk and junk andd junk it is closed

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well I have now fixed and finished my first sheet. Next up I'll be reworking my starter Fakemon. I'm still happy to take comment and critique, I will go back and fix things, but I probably won't be uploading any of those changes till much later. So for now, these are the final versions. Also I have made some changes to the ants, due to the fact a good number of people thought they were fireflies.

Fakemon_Sheet_1_3rd_Gen_Style_by_Jappio01.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I'm now attending to the Fakemon of my region. I first did the grass guy, but then later, at school, I had nothing to do. I was doodling, trying to figure out how to fix my very horrible fire starter. I was finally able to conceive and idea, and here it is. So I skipped the grass starter family and did the fire starters, they needed the attention more anyways. They aren't quite the same as the previous ones, but at the same time they are. The new story is that an evil spirit harbors a doll. Eventually the said evil spirit attracts hate and ill willed feelings. This eventually causes the doll to burn. Fire-Fire/ghost-Fire/ghost still. I like this guy a lot better. Also I thought for a moment that perhaps this guys story is too 'brutal' for Pokemon, but hey, Pidgey's eat Caterpie, Houndoom's howl is said to be the grim reaper coming, Dribloom tries to abduct children. I think he fits right in =P.

The one in the top right corner is one with borders. I liked the one without, but I kept that one just to show it off.

I can already see I need to work a little bit more on the transition. My plan right now is to take the middle form, add more flames and stuff, so it's closer to the last stage. Unless people think it's fine the way it is.

3rdGenFakemonSheet2.png

Last edited:
Years
You've got some seriously creepy pokemon here, I'm inspired!

I like Venomoth's evolution, it looks dangerous.

The Steel/Ice Rocket-Skate thing is hilarious xD

Also, I like the last badge being the thunderbolt, it makes it seem like you have to fight Zeus himself at the end LOL!

Southparkerstan

Beggining ROM hacker- mapper
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2014
Hmm, there's something I don't get. You made all these fakemon, a reigion map, and so many other things for the region, yet from what I understand, you dont have any intention of making a ROM hack. Two different people have asked if they could use these for a hack, but you didn't respond. What I'm getting at is that these fakemon are REALLY good, so good that I think they should be usable in a game. I'd be willing to help you out if you decided to make a rom hack, but if you just want them to be for display, then that's your choice and I won't object.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks for the comments guys. Nice to see I'm getting more comments these days.

To answer your questions Southparkerstan, I want them in a hack. Two reasons why I didn't respond to the other ones:

1. I figured requests like using Fakemon for a hack are against some type of rule at the time. I generally ignore people who break rules and stuff. Someone else or a mod will see them, no need for me to get involved.
2. They possibly already sent me a PM or something, and I responded there, instead of here.

At first, I wasn't very willing to give these guys up yet. I always wanted a ROM hack of them, but I don't know anyone willing. I wanted though not only my sprites, Pokemon, and stuff like that. I also want stuff like my story planned, and just a lot of choices. I wanted my things to be a package deal. A lot of requests for my Fakemon are for them alone. I saw my region as a package deal, I didn't want to let people use them unless they wanted it all. Thing is most people want there own ideas. Plenty of people are idea people, story and stuff like that are easy. All they want generally from us spriters are our sprites. I understand that fully, us spriters want our own say in the whole thing too =P. I also didn't want to ask some hacker to just do all my whims, that wouldn't be fair. They are working on it, they deserve their own say.

Another reason is I have a hard time believing people will end up making the hack. Too many attempts I've seen are just dropped, forgotten, and not finished. I don't want oodles of people coming by, borrowing my Fakemon, and then I have my hopes of having them being debuted crushed.

Lately I have been more liberal with usage of my Fakemon though. I've given permission to a few people now. They're no longer a package deal, and I'm not asking for really anything beyond being given credit. If you want use of them, please PM me about them, we can talk more in detail there.

---------------

Well, another sheet done. It has taken me awhile. I have been busy, lazy, and working with other things. I recently pushed hard to force myself to finish these up. I realized something though, I can't continue to do sheets like this. I can't continue to do so many requests. I'm busy with making Fakemon, but more importantly, I'm in charge of making splices for my friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of choosing style, and at least four of the characters.

As far as what I'll be spriting now. I will be making the sprites for the fighting game. Aside from the usual updated sheets I'll be throwing up, I still have updated Fakemon that I will do on the side. I also have probably other random things I'll be making.

As far as splicing. I'll still do them on the side when I get the urge to. Splicing is fun, and I still enjoy it. Don't expect to see it for awhile. It's been now about 2 months since my last sheet, that's seems like a lot to me. I was able to bring 40 out in a year, but this latest one took me 2 months alone. So the next one, don't expect it in a week or anything =P

SpliceSheet43.png

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok, as I've said before, I am now a spriter for a friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of about 4 or 5 characters. I am also in charge of picking a style. Well I've had a tough time in the last two weeks or so picking one. We had a style before that was good and I was able to work out, but the style was too small, wouldn't have worked for us. So now I had to figure something new out. I've chosen a style now, and before going any farther, I needed to get some critique and opinions and comments. Raizou, my character, may not be the best test for a style, he's so large and beefy that it complicates things. I'm not done with this sprite, still shading and stuff to work on. The chain mail on the legs hasn't been designed yet. For the most part though this is my idea on the style. I don't know if it works though, so I need as much help as I can get.

TestExample.png

mangaroll

Teh Great Mangaroll
Years
=o

I love those fakemon.

They make me want to delete all mine and hide them from the public.=p
In a good way.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well I did some more work with the style. I haven't be able still to properly do Raiou, things about him are bothering. I decided I needed to do more than just our large beefy guy, so I quick threw together our smallest character. This little guy is a ninja/samurai, or I forget what exactly. I think my friend has called him a 'Ronin'. I've always pictured him as a ninja though. He is a fox person, he is based on a sonic RP character. His name is Ryu, perhaps some of you may even know the owner of this character.

Now his appearance I'm basing off of older descriptions of the character. I also am not the person in charge of making his sprites. This basically means I won't be doing anything more with the character beyond this point. I merely did him for size reference for the style. I also touched up Raizou some.

Opinions and stuff on the style or how either of the sprites are would be greatly welcomed. I can't say though I'll go and fix Ryu, just because I'm not keeping his sprite.

TestExample-1.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Your new sprites look excellent and I'm sure you can do even better. Keep the good work up, Jappio.

your fakemon are awsome
i love the bug ones

pretty good, I rly like the ariados evolution

wow jappio these look a lot better than your old ones. the improvement is really amazing.

Yeah, the new fakemon look a lot better, please keep it up!
:cool:

Wow your newest fakemon looks awesome!

=o

I love those fakemon.

They make me want to delete all mine and hide them from the public.=p
In a good way.

Cute comments, but it's a shame they lack the constructive criticism that posts in the pixel art section require. In the future, I request that you include it in your posts, for the benefit of the pixel artists.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks Amachi, nice to see that there are efforts around here to keep comments constructive, too many sites I visit don't.

Well here is another batch. In the blue shirt we have Bill. Bill is an interesting character. He's the kind of guy who after a match will do a twirl, rip his shirt off, and then rub his nipples... Bill is interesting. He has a guitar as a weapon also, so I think he is cool. I may or may not be doing all of his sprites, depends how fast I do the others.

The next new one is Shun-Yu. I don't know if I have to describe him again, I've done so multiple times... I might as well. He's a Chinese Hopping Vampire, or Jiang Shi. In ways they are more like zombies than vampires though. You can't see it now but in battle you'll have the option to switch between two forms of Shun-Yu, long armed and short armed. This sprite here is short armed. The long arm formed will of course have longer reach, and fight differently. Shun-Yu can lengthen his arms due to rigamortis.

I've made a few touchups to the other two sprites. Raizou is bothering me, so he isn't perfect yet until I get a better grasp on the style I'm using. Ryu I don't care too much for still because I'm not his spriter.

Comments, critique, and whatever highly requested.

TestExample-2.png

Back