• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

legendary birds

Years
Someone has probbaly already pointed this out but the 3 legendary birds have numbers.
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Uno means 1, dos means 2, tres means 3. I'm not sure of the exact language but most European languages use these or something like these as 1, 2 and 3.

Years
  • Age 35
  • NY
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Oh cyber killer, why would Ytnim look for another post like this? Do you realize how long that would take? Geez, lighten up, Mr.Serious Dude.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
this is way oldskool news...I'm really surprised that you couldn't identify it as Spanish...

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
I just learned the Mewtwo has a two at the end, and two means dos in English. :P Most people knew about the legndary birds names anyway :P

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2004
dude i knew about that when i was like 10 when pkmn first came out omg how did it take you this looooooooooooooooooooooong to figure that out?

Years
It took me one look at the legendary birds names to figure this out. I just thought Id post it incase someone didn't know. I am a fairly new member to pokecommunity.

PM2008

Fire Gym Owner
Years
PIKA2 said:
I just learned the Mewtwo has a two at the end, and two means dos in English. :P Most people knew about the legndary birds names anyway :P

Umm... two does not mean dos in English!! I think you got it backwards it means that in Spanish.

These news are very old. :knockedou

Battery Cat

I Love Batterys
Years
I never knew that until now. I didn't think that english Pokemon names would have other langwhichis(?) in them, I'm now under steading why some people use words from other langwhichis(?) in made up Pokemon.

cyber_killer

Ahoi thar.
Years
Almost Every Pokemon Has Something Foreign In Its Name.. Pikachu; Pika Means Rat/Mouse (Read It Somwhere) And Chu Is The Sound It Makes

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Ytnim said:
Someone has probbaly already pointed this out but the 3 legendary birds have numbers.
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

Uno means 1, dos means 2, tres means 3. I'm not sure of the exact language but most European languages use these or something like these as 1, 2 and 3.

They went Spanish On that one. Because in Portuguese its Um/Uma, Dois/Duas, and Tr?s. And French it's un, deux and, troix

But I thought most of everyone knew that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
cyber_killer said:
Almost Every Pokemon Has Something Foreign In Its Name.. Pikachu; Pika Means Rat/Mouse (Read It Somwhere) And Chu Is The Sound It Makes

:D Don't ya mean Chu means mouse and Pika is the sound it makes? Ya got it backwards.

cyber_killer

Ahoi thar.
Years
I Also Thought That.. There Was A Site Wich Had Pokedex With The Meaning Of The Words With It..
I Once Searched It Via Google, Didn't Know What I Searched Nor When I Did It..

Back