• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono - Battle on!

The Gymnasium

Shima stepped up next to the gil introduced as Yuri. She stepped closer to get a good look at the girl. This was kinda of awkward to Shima, since she had spent six hole years by herself. Alone. She shook her head, and pushed the thoughts of the past to the back of her mind, and waited before tapping the girls shoulder. Your Yuri, correct? Your a little... Bland, but it's fine I guess." She said. "I'm Shima; Shima Aono. They call me the 'Metal Maiden', back home. Just call me Shima." She said, extending her hand for Yuri to shake. She waited a bit, until looking the girl over again and begining to speak. I'm a Metal user, and I love making acupuncture needles. Oh, I know," she said, removing a thick silver wristband from her arm. She used her power to break it as before, and molded the rest back into a wristband. I'll show you what I can do." She stretched the metal, and made it about five inches long, and created a thin, needle with sharp endings on both sides.

"Pretty damn cool, huh?" She asked. Shima began to analyze the needle-like figure. "It's so sleek and shiny, the shape is perfect, the swift and efficient way it's used, the deadly possibilities, and so much more!" Shima said with glee, her eyes sparkling. She continued to yammer on, not giving Yuri the opportunity to speak. "...Lovely things. By the way, what's your element? And what field should we use?" She asked calming herself considerably.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Shiemi almost fel;t as though in some way Shima was teasing her.

"Erm, I can, erm, disolve anything into water, um, and I can, change the power of waves. That's pretty much all I can do. And I pick the erm. Well, water is my element, but that wouldn't be too fair... So I pick fire!"

I can hear a few shocked voices from the teachers; the weakest student choosing such a peculiar element, well actually, I plan to use the stage to my advantage. I mean, I can take water out of the vapour in the air, and my disolve spell, plus heat and water makes steam, so I guess I could use hot water to my advantage here. But what if she stabs me with one of those pointy knives?

"Alright I'm ready!" I say as the arena sets itself up.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono - Battle.. Begin!!

The Gymnasium - Fire Field

Shima watched as the Field began to set. Yuri had described her powers, and from what Shima could hear, she was pathetic. Of course she might be lying, she thought. Then there was only one way to find out. Then again, the girl seemed nervous, even when Yuri proclaimed she was ready. Shima put her hand up, and signaled the girl to stop. Her eyes flaring with determination, shima held the needle in her hand, and decided she'd use it to fight with. "You might want to get some distance." She said with a wicked smirk. Shima molded the metal as a cover for her left hands' knuckles. The silver felt cool on her hands, but she knew that it would warm as she wore it. She watched Yuri intently before deciding to make the first move. She threw a very light punch at the girl, just to be sure she didn't hurt her in case she really was weak, and watched for the girls reaction.

I wonder why she didn't want an advantage.. Shima thought to herself, reeling in her arm to see the girl. Shima hadn't mean't to put so little force into the punch, but something inside her didn't want to seem mean.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Truth is, I'm not too good at balancing, thats why I chose this arena. EEK! a punch comes towards me, no magic just a punch. I try to duck, which seems to work for now, but what now.

"Flow!" I say. I reach my hands out to my sides as I duck, and do a quick motion as if I'm clapping. A flurry of waterr vapour particles in the air beside Shima quickly turn offensive, as my quick hand motions signaled them to charge into Shima's head. Luckily for her, the water wasn't sharp, but was simply just... well water. I cannot make anything offensive using just water, and my power is limited so I cannot carry much. In a sense, I'm just getting her slightly soaked. I slip under her legs as she is distracted by the vapor and get some more particles from the air, gathering it into a ball and running towards a lit torch, attempting to heat the water, however I know I won't be able to keep hold of this much longer unless I take the defensive option in order to continue heating this. I mean I've only just started heating it, and she'll be coming at me any second now. What do I do? Do I keep running.... Hang on, I have an idea, she uses those metal needles to fire, and surely she calls it back with her metal powers... I could heat the metal she fires at me in order to give me some time?? SO many ideas so little time.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Gymnasium - Fire Field

Shima was caught by surprise as suddenly a ball of water was thrust at her face, soaking her hair lightly, and was now angry as Yuri had ducked her punch AND crawled away between her legs. "That. Is. It!" She snapped, activating her magnetism spell, causing her acupunture needle to stick to her hand. She turned to see Yuri putting a ball of water over a fire ball. Trying her best to change her polarity, Shima lifted her hand to face down in front of her, and moved the needle so one of the pointed edges were aimed at the girl. She then changed the polarity in one hand and put it behind the needle(Which she had just formed from another chunk of her wristband) causing it to shot foward like a rocket. This would hopefully strike the girls sleeve, pinning her arm to the wall.

"And here I was being nice, you brat." She said, charging with her left fist held back, the knuckle covering gleaming in the light. How dare she?! She thought, her wet hair clinging to her neck as she advanced.​

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Uh-oh, she's mad. I'm officially petrified now. I make a quick hand movement which moves my round orb of liquid over to the next torch, and whilst Shima is distracted with trying to pin me down, and give me the pep talk, I can let that heat up slowly.

"Eeek!" I scream as two metal poles pin me to the wall, puncturing a rather large hole in my shirt. Shima is coming close, I can feel un-welcoming air surrounding her, and suddenly I find that I'm wriggling for my freedom. There's only one way out of this. KICK IN THE FACE! KAPOW!

As my kick violently hits Shima, I wiggle out of my top, luckily for me I wore another top today, otherwise I may have been running half naked. Ergh, how embarrassing would that be.

I run towards my water source, still floating above the torch, and release it, feeling the hot vapor touching my skin and warming it up like a million tiny kisses. The hot water heads in her direction. I can't do anything else but sit and wait to see what happens now. Please hit.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Gymnasium

Shima was just about to swing in her fist when Yuri went for a kick, but only Shima was prepared. She brought her covered knuckles to meet the girls kick, and watched as she wiggled free of her shirt, escapping with another on. The girl ran away, and Shima removed her needles from the wall. She had calmed down by now, and had kept her magnetic attraction spell up so she could stick the needles on her arm like a weapon rack. The only reason she was calm was because she was strating to like this, Yuri person. Yuri had gots, and she liked that. Shima was having fun. Just as she turned around, she saw a hot waterball coming towards her. Again? Oh well. Charging, Shima let herself be hit by the water ball, not knowing that the water had been boiled. She charged head first, and as soon as the water hit her, she let out a string of loud curses like never before.

The water was hot, and it hurt. Shima shook it away, and broke the rest of her wristbands into pieces, forming about five more needles and adding them to the current two on her arm. "Let's play a game. You have seven chances, and I've got seven needles. You figure out the rest." She smirked, and lifted her left hand face down. She put a needle on her hand like before, and changed the polarity in her right hand, causing the needle to launch like a bullet. It's called Dodgeneedles. One!" She called. The needle was aimed to zip past her face, and cut of a tiny strand of hair.

Shima rushed forward, following behind the needle. Her knuckle covered hand held back. "Go!" She called playfully.​

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
A needles goes brushing past my face with strands of blue of an aqueous colour seem to fly by my face as if in a slow moving action scene, and suddenly I find myself attempting to lean back in attempt to avoid the attack, however I am quickly met by a floor, and now I'm finished. There is nothing else to do but let her give me more attacks. I hold up my shaking hand as the ref gasps in disbelief, and I let out a small cry for a forfeit. I guess that means I failed. What now? Does my teachers disqualify me from this prestigious school as if I was naught more than a subject for Shima? I hold my breath, for Shima and the ref's reactions. I wouldn't be surprised if Shima got angry, for she is quite hot-headed, although I fail to say it out to her. Other than that she seemed like such a nice person, but I guess this is goodbye.

A few members of staff quickly surround my weak body to help me up and take me away, and I feel quite guilty for not being stronger. Was I right to forfeit?

The hospital room is nice, however I keep declining the offer to stay longer, as most of the people have requested, not ordered. I hate hospitals, the smell and everything, but I just don't like my reason for being here. I'm not hurt, just exhausted and slightly faint. These kind of illnesses can easily be cured with a white lotus flower and some basil. Thinking about illnesses reminds me of home a lot...

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Fields

Scarlett carefully listened to the introduction from the teacher. Appearently they were supposed to battle each other for some reason, a reason that Scarlett wasn't able to hear because some students next to her started whispering about an Aeromancer from the "Igna" family. Scarlett had heard about this family once when her mother started training her. She told Scarlett that she had to get as strong as possible to protect herself, this was the promise she made to her mother before she died. Just thinking about the training made Scarlett realize how much her life has changes since that night, however, one question has never been answered... Why was she granted these powers?

"Jason Barrett versus Crystal Nightwish, Shion Igna versus Indigo Rogers, Maristella Reilly versus Nicholas Skye, Nathan Steele versus Kayla Wash, Scarlett Rose versus -" Scarlett carefully listened to the list of names that had to battle each other but when Scarlett finally heard her name, the whispering next to her started again. "That girl is a Rose?!" She heard. Scarlett slowly glanced at the two boys in suprise. "Impossible! She doesn't look dangerous at all!" The other boy replied. Scarlett was quite suprised of their reactions but this also raised some questions. What did they mean by "She's a Rose"?.

Scarlett stood up and was about to approach them but decided that she should battle first. "Are you sure if that's impossible? She's quite pretty though." Scarlett walked downstairs but after hearing this she almost ran. She hated these kinds of jokes the most, he would probably say that he was kidding and that he found her ugly. All the bullies that she has known up until know said these kind of things.

Scarlett searched around and heard someone say "Scarlett Rose versus Sytano Morgan? But they are both pyromancers, right?". This meant that the person she had to fight was called "Sytano". Scarlett approached some girls, probably about the same age as her and asked "Do you know who Sytano is?". "Oh yes, I do. That guy over there is Sytano Morgan." One of them answered kindly and pointed at a black haired guy that was probably taller than Scarlett. "Oh I see... Thank you!" Scarlett walked away. While approaching the black haired boy, she thought about the bullies that almost drove her to commit suicide.

"Who is it that chooses our steps in the dance? Who drives us mad? Lashes us with whips and crowns us with victory when we survive the impossible? Who is it, that does all of these things?" Scarlett thought as she walked towards the boy with closed eyes and held her breath. "Who honors those we love for the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us, and at the same time sings that we will never die? Who teaches us what's real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us? And Who holds the key that can set us free..." Scarlett opened her eyes and seemed more encouraged than she was before. "It's You. You have all the weapons you need. Now Fight!" Scarlett stood in front of the black haired boy who was supposed to be Sytano. "Are you Sytano Morgan? I am Scarlett Rose. According the list we are supposed to battle each other." Scarlett spoke with a warm smile on her face and a sweet voice.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024

Shion's punch pounded into Indigo at an unbelievable speed, and as he felt his body taking off from the impact his mind seemed to work on a heightened level... his thoughts flying through his mind—some kind of superhuman level of perception you could only acquire in a life-threatening situation. In that instant, he reached with all his might, and surprised himself. Somehow he had managed to grasp Shion's arm... but what was this feeling? The pain in his hands, like they were being peeled apart, layer by layer. He could hardly bear it. Was he really going to lose without landing a single hit? Losing in just one punch?

This isn't exactly how I wanted to go out, he told himself.

No! he shouted in his head. I can still fight! And yet... he had no energy left. His body didn't have the heat he needed to draw from. Although, he could get it from an outside source. The magic around Shion's fist was generating the friction he required. It wasn't going to be pretty, but Indigo could at least go out on his own terms. A spark flew from Indigo's bleeding palms.

I hope to Hell this works...!

Boom

The brief moment of Indigo's superpowered thoughts had passed, and an explosion rose from the combatants' limbs—a blaze Indigo no longer had the capacity to tame—engulfing the two before firing them off in opposite directions. The last thought he could remember was that doing it was an incredibly stupid idea.

An ear-piercingly loud explosion dominated the rising screams of the students, and many shoved their fingers in their now-ringing ears to stave off going deaf. Indigo was launched off the ground, decimating a boulder with his spine and slamming into another before he came to a stop. Shion was blown across the dirt, rolling and bouncing more than a few times before she could regain control. Her arms and legs were mostly safe despite being at the center of the explosion thanks to her spells, and she managed to slow herself down before crashing into a boulder herself.

Indigo managed to stay conscious long enough to see the damage he caused, his wobbling eyes having trouble focusing. He did, however, see his opponent. Aside from dirt and blood covering her torso, Shion's shirt, skirt and hair were ripped and singed, but that was the extent of her damage. Maybe a few burns underneath the blood, a broken rib, a mildly-bruised femur judging by how she held herself up, along with a dislocated shoulder that she promptly popped back into place before deciding to have a post-fight stretch, but it was nothing like the sight the paramedics had seen of Indigo.

His body was dirtied with blood, and the boulders had taken out a few ribs and his left leg from being blown into them. His arm was knocked right out of its socket, so the medics immediately set it back where it belonged (which only brought Indigo even more pain) before carrying him off and treating him with water magic.

"Winner," the announcing teacher so announcingly announced over the announcer speaker, "Shion Igna!"

Students cheered as the battle cleared up, clamoring about how "Rogers didn't stand a chance," and how cool the two fighters were. The girls desired Indigo, simultaneously hating and admiring Shion for her strength; the guys didn't want to be Indigo any time soon, and they either desired Shion or were moronic enough to claim they were going to be the first to defeat an Igna, as if they could make a competition out of it. All of this was, of course, among a crapton of other emotions such as fear, worry, envy, apathetic indifference and what have you.

Shion didn't care much for that. The supervising teacher approached and congratulated her for a spectacular fight, and the aeromancer thanked him for the opportunity to show her capabilities. Before any students would be able to speak with her as well, Shion retrieved her cardigan and started to follow the path she saw the medics taking toward the infirmary.

"The first priority after surviving a battle," her father taught, "is to take care of your injuries before risking any more."

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Nicholas W. Skye

Gymnasium

Who I'm guessing is Maristella seems to be lost in her own world. It took a while for her to respond. And she responds with this:

"You aren't a girl,"

What the hell? Either she knows a ton of females named Nicholas, or she's just not right in the head. How dare she thinks I'm a girl! Let's just keep going before i get any angrier.

"I'm sorry,"

You better be sorry, because that was extremely mean! Uhh... moving on.

"Please, just call me Aris. You must be my opponent. Sky, is it?"

Uhh, yeah. I'm a Skye. Seriously, how famous was Jason when he went here? Everybody knows who I am. And I think that woman on stage is the only one who's used my first name so far. If this keeps happening, I'll be considering a name change. This time, I talk.

"Yeah, I'm Nicholas Skye. Can you please call me by my first name though? I'm getting tired of that."

I'm gonna prey that that helps my case. (yeah, I said that that) Anyway, I decied to be the bigger person.

"What field should we battle on? The choice is yours."

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Medical Room

Shima watched as her acupuncture needle zipped past the girl, and stopped a few feet away when Yuri fell and held up her hand, signaling a forfeit. Shima looked at the girl, and watched as the teachers surrounded her. The headmaster announced her win, but Shima had followed the girl to the Medical Room(But not before collecting her needle). She watched the girls protest to leave, and waited by the door. Even though Yuri upset her, Shima had had fun in the end. She smiled to herself, and replayed the events in her mind. It was interesting to have played, and Shima had liked the way Yuri had used the Fire Field to her advantage. The girl was shy, and had managed to escape Shima's attacks with quick thinking. In a way, Shima kinda admired her. She waited patiently, and occupied her thoughts.

As Yuri walked out the room, she seemed to occupied herself to notice that Shima was standing there. She looks like she's sad. Shima thought to herself. "Hey." Shima called. She hoped the girl wasn't upset about the match, and she knew she owed Yuri an apology. "Thanks for the match. It was.. Actually kinda fun. And, um," she looked down, trying to avoid Yuri's eyes. "Sorry for being mean earlier. I was.. Wrong for it." She said to the girl. "Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" She asked quickly. Shima was a bit nervous. She had never been good with people, seeing her past was mostly solitary, but she was determined to try.​

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Dear Mother,

It's not long since I arrived at the academy, and I'm not certain, but I feel like I've made a friend, or at least someone who wants to be my friend. We had to dual, and I lost naturally, but the girl I faced admired me, said it was a fun match, and that really warmed my heart. I was quite nervous in responding as always, but we soon got to know each other, and she is a very nice person. She was generally concerned about me too, about my well being, and how she responded during her dual. My first impressions go far, but I won't go into detail explaining them, because that wouldn't be very lady like now, as you would say anyways. I'm not certain of future events, but I know this, I really do enjoy Vale, and I hope you aren't worried about me. Trust me when I say this mom, I'm going to be the best healer in the world!

I was surprised at how nice the lounge was, and the chairs were quite comfortable. I do my best to make a decent brew even though there is quite plainly mechanisms that do it for me, however I have a distaste for things that don't require effort. I grab some herbs, and using my dissolve spell in hot water, I manage to make blueberry and cinnamon tea for two.

"I hope you, er like it. It's my special blend, well it's my mothers really, but I started to help out once I learned I was a hydromancer. If it's too bitter, I also got honey!" I sit smiling, pleased with myself at how couragous I'm being. The girl who almost killed me, now being all friendly and sitting right in front of me. Yes I'm scared, but at the same time, I'm so happy that she likes my personality. I continue to smile, and await for her to drink her tea.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shima Aono

The Rec Center

Shima watched Yuri make the tea. It was kinda awkward for her, since she usually did her own cooking, but she had decided to let events take their course back at the infirmary. In a instant Yuri had made the tea, and was handing Shima a cup. As she took the cup she gave Yuri a small smile, and brought the cup to her lips. She took a sip, letting the warm liquid ease down her throat. "Mmm." She murmured. "This is the best tea I've ever had!" She left out the part that mentioned it was because she made it herself, and took another sip. "Thanks. It's really good." She mean't it. It was just the right flavor. It was relaxing to have someone to talk too. It was.. Nice. Your having fun. Surprised by her thoughts, she decided to start a conversation. "You do this often, huh?" She asked. "Talking to people like this I mean." She said, her smile fading a bit.

She lowered her cup, and turned to Yuri. "I never really talked to people like this. To be honest, it's the first time in six years." Shima said with a hint of sorrow and a sad smile. Cheering up a bit, she took another sip of tea. It was refreshing, so she was a little happy. "So.." She said, trailing off. It was hard being around people, but it felt.. Right. It was interesting to talk to Yuri. Just like when I had a family. She reminded herself. She took another sip, and let the silence roll for a bit before drawing in a deep breath. Look. I'm not the best when it comes to conversation, but I take it your not uncomfortable right?" She had to know.

"I hope your not, because I'm kinda enjoying myself." She said with a bright smile. It was stupid that she couldn't stop talking, but she knew it was because there was so much time she had been without friends. It was hard to stop. She wanted to feel happy again.​

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Sytano Morgan- Morgan?!

Sytano quietly twiddled his thumbs, eavesdropping nearby conversations due to a lack of anything better to do. "A Morgan?" A student began to speak to another one, their chatter loud enough for Sytano to hear.

"I've never heard that name, must be a new breed." The guy laughed.

"Nah, I've heard of one. They say... they say they're horrible at magic. They have it, but no skill."

"You serious?" He leaned in. "I think I know which ones you're speaking about now."

Sytano grimaced and came in closer to a group of guys, about five, placing bets. "I heard something about the name Morgan. I believe it was from this direction that I heard it, correct?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Morgan's apparently also the last name of another person who came to this school way back when no one even remembers." Quite specific, but whatever. "Apparently the only Morgan who came here sucked at using her skills for battle. They were usually used more in practicality. But he sucked, and I don't think that the records list him ever winning a duel." That sounds a lot like gramps... except for the part about losing a duel. "Anyways, that Rose is gonna win, no doubts about that!" They began placing bets. "Besides, the meaning of the Morgan surname is practically failure, anyways." The definition of failure... Morgan?! His rage began to build further. It's not true! I'm not that bad, and neither is whoever else came here!

Morgan's knuckles cracked from how tightly he held them together. "Do you believe there's a chance for this... err... Morgan?"

"Not one!" The guy grinned, and it seemed like no one voted for him. "In fact, considering he's going up 'gainst a Rose, he's probably going to get knocked out, too!"

"I would bet against that." Morgan grinned, keeping the name Rose etched in his mind, and slammed his hand on their table enthusiastically. "Let's do this instead; the bets are against whether Morgan loses consciousness or not. If the Morgan loses... then you get all of your cash back, plus ten of mine, split even." He throws in ten dollars. "Now think- if I- err, I mean, Morgan- is still conscious at the end of the battle, then all this money goes to me. Deal?

"Sure thing- if you wanna lose some money, that is!" Sytano walked away as they looked on. "He's a fool." Sytano simply stood and waited, realizing the brutal- as well as explosive- end to the battle between that Igna and whatever the other guy was.

"Are you Sytano Morgan? I am Scarlett Rose. According the list we are supposed to battle each other." Sytano, realizing that this girl was talking to him.

"Yes, I am known as Sytano. To be completely honest, I wasn't able to hear your name, hence why I didn't seek you out." The boys behind him left their mouths gaping wide open, and Sytano simply smiled. "I think we should begin, then. There's five fields, and I think we should pick the Earth field, since that doesn't give either of us an advantage, I believe. You don't happen to be a geomancer, correct?" He sighed. "Regardless, let's get to it." Because even if I lose, I will prove that the surname Morgan isn't related to failure.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Maristella Reilly​

"Yeah, I'm Nicholas Skye. Can you please call me by my first name though? I'm getting tired of that," the boy responded, his voice carrying only a bit of irritation. Aris internally winced.

"Oh," Aris breathed, before giving Nicholas the well-deserved explanation. "I only heard the last part of your name while I was zoned out and that your first name was Sky, and thus assumed you were probably a girl." Internally, Aris wondered why Nicholas was so irritated by people calling him by his last name, as judging by his tone and words it seemed to be happening a lot. Maybe Skye was last name of a famous mafia group? The boy didn't look like he'd be particularly good with a gun, however. Maybe that was their secret! They used airmancing to make everything look natural while they extorted people. Aris managed to snap back to reality to hear Nicholas's next question. "What field should we battle on? The choice is yours."

"Thanks!" Aris grinned, thankful he let her choose, before realizing they had several different options and surveying the choices, each orientated towards one of the elements. Quickly she run through the options in her mind. There was an air field that was completely out of the question, consisting of several fans that would knock her off balance and that he could probably take advantage of. The earth field was decent, if a little boring. There was a good chance he could send a boulder flying at her, too. In the metal field, he could easily send her flying into the cage bars. That left the fire and water field. She much preferred the fire field for its simplicity, but she couldn't take water from the air or anything; she needed a substantial water source. However, the water field looked really annoying to fight on. Aris pondered for a little bit before asking him a question. "Do you have a water bottle on you?"

Maristella Reilly​

Last edited:

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Eric Long
Eric was doing his rounds, preparing for the new school year at Vale. Things like checking the curriculum for last second errors, boring stuff really. Under normal conditions he wouldn't do these kinds of things, since he found being too prepared uneventful, but in this line of work he found being meticulous necessary. He still remembered his first year teaching. At that time he wasn't very serious in his preparation and pretty much let his class be experiment time for students. One of his students thought it would be interesting to try a new spell with an element they hadn't used before. The result of the spell ended up with the whole class being underwater for about a minute. Luckily, the teachers had been trained specifically to nullify out of control spells of their designated element. It was a simple, yet advanced, precaution to help prevent any disasters from occurring, especially since history was riddled with such disasters already.

His mind had wandered around for a bit until he received a message from Ms. Vale to help with a student's evaluation. He knew that if she was calling for him then they probably weren't the best at competing with the other students. It was fine for him, though. He much rather develop a student's creativity over their ability to fight, but he also knew how important testing their abilities were, and that's exactly what the sparring matches were. Eric sighed quickly before setting off to see the student. When he got there the boy seemed disheartened and terrified. Instantly he could tell Ms. Vale had been talking to him. She left many a people in terror, for what reason he knew not. It was a shame too, seeing how benevolent and cheerful her father was. Either way it didn't matter, because now was the time for damage control. The boy turned to Eric and started to say:

"… You're not going to make me fight, are you…?"

It was a gut wrenching thought that Eric would have to lie or disappoint the kid even further, one he would rather avoid than confront. He had seen the report for many of the Hydromancers entering in the school this year, and almost instantly he noticed the profile of the boy, now that he had time to register it in his mind. The boy was Michael Lee, a rather low leveled Hydromancer that has shown examples of massive control, but no usage of said control. A separate thought came to Eric for just a moment. He wondered how their recon team got all of this information, but that was a topic for another day. Instantly, Eric's mind went to work on an evaluation process, since combat was out of the question. He figured out a solution, and he decided he would at least delay Michael's fears.

"No, I'm not going to make you fight. I just want to see what you can do, and maybe if you could do something similar to this."

The words escaped his mouth and before anyone could grasp what he said a small Chinese dragon made of water appeared out of nowhere and started to dance around his palm. It elegantly orbited above his hand before condensing into an orb of water. The orb itself swirled like a planet as it stayed floating in perfect motion. Eric didn't expect a show, but he hoped the boy could at least create the orb, even if it was small. If he couldn't he'd have to come up with a different plan…

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
"No it's, fine. I actually feel the same way. I guess it was my fault really, cramming myself up inside a shop just helping out my mother all my life wasn't really getting me anywhere, but when you started talking I couldn't help but smile and enjoy the company I had. For the longest time now I've been quite lonely, and my knowledge of the outside world failed to reach me. For a while I though I was the only ever hydromancer, and I was quite surprised, but after my Mother explained things to me, it made me realize that I need to find things out myself, thus I came to this school. I never ever thought though, that someone would want to talk to me, I thought I was the weakest person ever... It just feels good to be with someone. Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed the tea. It's one of the few things that makes me unique my mother says." I sigh, but continue to smile. We were both in a similar boat, lonely people, never had anyone to talk to, that both our personalities had become so shy and closed up, but Shima was so much stronger, I could feel it during our dual. Her willpower is so intense, that it powers her anger. Perhaps that's something we can work on together, willpower.

"So wen did you first learn how to use your magic?" I say nervously, attempting conversation.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Scarlett Rose
Pyromancer from the "Rose" family
Vale Institute - Earth field.

"Yes, I am known as Sytano. To be completely honest, I wasn't able to hear your name, hence why I didn't seek you out." The boy said, admitting to be Sytano Morgan. Scarlett saw some boys behind him look rather weirdly at them. Scarlett choosed to ignore it and payed attention to what else Sytano was saying "I think we should begin, then. There's five fields, and I think we should pick the Earth field, since that doesn't give either of us an advantage, I believe. You don't happen to be a geomancer, correct?" He sighed. "Regardless, let's get to it."

"No, I don't happen to be a geomancer." Scarlett said with a warm smile. "I am a Pyromancer and I think that going for the earth field would indeed be a good idea." Scarlett turned around and started walking towards the earth field. "I didn't hear your name at first too, I found out that I had to battle you because I heard a teacher talk about us." Scarlett slightly turned to see him. She started wondering why all of them where chosen to attend this Institute. For Scarlett it was a chance to get away from the bullies in the Orphanage that she lived in. She couldn't stand up for herself because she knew how wrong she would be if she burned them... It wouldn't make her feel any better too. Hurting people because you find it fun is just wrong.

As Scarlett entered the earth field, she took her place and started thinking. "He is a Pyromancer as well, huh? This will prove to be quite an interesting fight..." Scarlett glanced at Sytano and smiled "May the best win!". This will be the day that Scarlett can be herself. "I hope you are both looking, mom and dad..." Scarlett whispered to herself. She was going to show everything she has got in this fight.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
MICHAEL LEE
The Gentle Water Mancer

Gymnasium
x
CHAPTER I,
Part II:

"Behind the Vale"

"No, I'm not going to make you fight. I just want to see what you can do, and maybe if you could do something similar to this." This is when the teacher showed him a brilliant display of hydromancy. One that filled him with awe, and kept the stream of inspiration flowing within him. Perhaps he had a chance here after all!

"I don't think I can do that, but I can try..." Michael pulled out his water bottle, wondering to himself how the teacher pulled water out of thin air. He placed the bottle on the ground, and held his hands down toward it. slowly the waves inside ceased, and the water swirled slowly upward out of the bottle. Though once it made it out of the bottle, it dropped, splashing on the ground. "Dang it..." Michael sighed, held his hands up again, and the water lifted off of the ground, forming into a wobbly deformed ball. After a few seconds, the ball just lazily splashed over the floor again. "Ugh, come on!" Michael groaned in frustration, unintentionally causing the nearby water from the water arenas as well as the water left in his bottle to form waves as if simulating a great sea during a storm. The arenas seemed to be much more noticeable though, as the waves made audible crashes against the ground. During this, drops of water seemed to rise and hover around them. Michael saw this, and his look reflected a mix of very slight embarrassment, minor fear, and overwhelming frustration. He knew he needed to calm down, but he was failing his very first examination! What if he was just rejected right off the bat for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back