• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's SC2 Tournament 2014!

TY

In 2013, the first SC2 tournament for PC members was hosted. The champion of that tournament was a Dutch Protoss named ShadowE, defeating the Australian Zerg, gimmepie, with 4-1. Now, im 2014, a new champion could rise... It could be you this time!

Spoiler:

2014, a new year, a new SC2 tournament to blow the previous champion off the throne or not.
Anyone can join, from old players to people who recently join. There is no shame in defeat, as the main purpose of this tournament is just to have fun and learn a bit of the game while playing (which also was the main purpose in 2013).

The tournament will be hosted on the EU server of SC2, and from what i can tell from my Australian Arch Nemesis is that it works allright with the latency, so it will be hosted on the EU server unless you really cant play on the EU server. If you cant, lemme know and ill make sure your matches gets played on your server.

The tournament will start on February 10th, and sign ups will be allowed till February 3rd
This is to get more people into it and they get time to install and prepare for the tournament itself.
I learned from my mistakes with hosting it last time xD

Joining is simple and easy (not fun though).
Just fill in this form:
Username: ShadowE
Race (Protoss, Terran, Zerg or Random): Terran

Everyone who participates gets a emblem, and there are special emblems for who places 3rd (if there are more than 4 people joining), 2nd and 1st!
Also there will be a throphy for the winner :3

So come all in and join for fun, emblems and a possible throphy :D

Participants (may change if the player decides to)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I love how you used this as an excuse to brag about beating me complete with picture :P
just don't show a pic of how I beat you it will ruin my strategy

Anyway, I'm in of course.
Username: Gimmepie
Race: Zerg

TY

I love how you used this as an excuse to brag about beating me complete with picture :P
just don't show a pic of how I beat you it will ruin my strategy

Anyway, I'm in of course.
Username: Gimmepie
Race: Zerg

Ahahahaha I could have picked any moment in all 5 games, but it seemed logical to pick this moment :P

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'll be signing up then (since Shadow said my matches can be on the weekends when I got the time for it).

PC Username: No Chance Without Zekrom
EU SC2 Username: JunkoLovesU
Race: Protoss

EDIT: Found out that No Chance Without Zekrom is far too long for Starcraft II's character limit when registering a name for the EU server. So I went with something different. My EU Starcraft II username is JunkoLovesU. Hope there's no confusion. Oh, and I'll roll with Protoss for the tournament.

Last edited:

TY

I'll be signing up then (since Shadow said my matches can be on the weekends when I got the time for it).

Username: No Chance Without Zekrom JunkoLovesU
Race: Terran or Protoss

EDIT: Found out that No Chance Without Zekrom is far too long for Starcraft II's character limit when registering a name for the EU server. So I went with something different. My EU Starcraft II username is JunkoLovesU. Hope there's no confusion. Oh, and I'll roll with Protoss for the tournament.

Nah there wont be any confusion i can think of :3
Actually with username i meant the PC username, once we got to the end of the signing deadline i would ask for your SC2 names and character codes x)

TY

Yeah, you love fighting Protoss players, no? ;)

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
I'll join, though I only have WoL currently. Think I'm going to go ahead and enter as Terran, even though I'm usually Zerg, just in the off chance that they don't let me change race with the next patch. Which means I have some practice to do.

Name: Warrior Rapter
Race: Terran

TY

I'll join, though I only have WoL currently. Think I'm going to go ahead and enter as Terran, even though I'm usually Zerg, just in the off chance that they don't let me change race with the next patch. Which means I have some practice to do.

They will let you change race in patch 2.1, i have read everything they will add and this is one feature of it :3
It just needs to happen x3

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday

I'm pretty sure Blizzard won't bar you from playing any race. It'd be stupid of them to. So play as whatever you want.

EDIT: ninja'd...

TY

Still, I figured I'd enter as Terran in the off-chance. Sometimes it pays to plan ahead.

Understandable, since the patch was meant to be released before 2014, and there is still no exact date when it will release.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
May as well post it here once more.

Username: ScalgonDelta
Race: Zerg/Protoss (so I've chosen...)

Speaking of which, I don't know how well I'll do in the EU server, given I'm not from here.

Last edited:

TY

Okay, will add you once your race is decided :)

Also sorry for being inactive, my laptop crashed and its in repairs atm.

TY

Im using my dad's laptop for now to practise, but this thing is horrible xD

the F-keys (F1, F2, etc) cant be pressed with a single button (this keyboard sucks).
Plus the shift key doesnt work properly either... I so hope my laptop is fixed soon before ill rip my hair out of SCV's not doing what i told them since Shift messed up again -_-

Never in my life had i such low APM as when i started SC2

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Im using my dad's laptop for now to practise, but this thing is horrible xD

the F-keys (F1, F2, etc) cant be pressed with a single button (this keyboard sucks).
Plus the shift key doesnt work properly either... I so hope my laptop is fixed soon before ill rip my hair out of SCV's not doing what i told them since Shift messed up again -_-

Never in my life had i such low APM as when i started SC2

It's one of those laptops that you have to hit an Fn key to use the function buttons, isn't it? I feel your pain, but my misfortune is mine is the best system in the house for gaming currently. Also, no external mouse, which surprises the heck out of some people on league of legends with how I manage to do what I do on a touchpad.

Back