• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's SC2 Tournament 2014!

Years
I'm don't use an external mouse either haha

Personally I think we should all just be thankful Shadow's APM has been cut because normally he is about as fast as pros.

TY

Hahaha, i dont think so as my laptop just got fixed >:D

But yeah i have a high APM, as Gimmepie said... iirc its around 260-320 APM average

TY

Small reminder, just two more weeks till sign-ups close, so sign up while you can!
Even if you just started playing you can join in, its all about the fun and the learning experience :3

TY

One more week till sign-ups close people :3

If you wanna change races (dunno why you would haha) you can do it also during the sign-ups, but after February 3rd no more race changing nor people signing up ^^

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You all probably know this already, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway: Patch/Update 2.1 was released yesterday....

TY

Yes it was actually released last Tuesday iirc, and for the people who dont know what this does:

Patch 2.1 aims to get more people into playing StarCraft II, especially to draw people into downloading the free starter edition.

Patch 2.1 blows all doors open to the Custom Games and Arcade modes, aswell as all races.

Which means starter edition players no longer have to be spawned to play on all maps, and they no longer have to be Terran all the time.

TY

4 more days till sign ups close. Join in now when you can! ^^

TY

I actually need to practise aswell, havent played in weeks cause of other games haha

TY

Round 1, starting on 10/2/2014 and ends on 17/2/2014 (best of 3)
Lord Scalgon (Z) vs Gimmepie (Z)
Donavannj (R) vs No Chance Without Zekrom (P)
ShadowE (T) vs Warrior Rapter (T)

All the info of the tournament, such as the map pool and the next games are located here: http://binarybeast.com/xHotS1402026#groups

Also for more info in-game, join in the group called "2014 PC's SC2 tournament". Even people who didnt join can get in the group if they want to spectate or just get info about it.

People who want to spectate or even stream it are always welcome, so feel free to PM me about this :3

Good luck and more important: Have fun!​

Years
We actually have an even number this time!
I still better get practising though xD

@skalgon - Good luck and have fun, may the best Zerg win! Once we get closer to the date of the tournaments opening we should organise a date and time.

TY

We actually have an even number this time!
I still better get practising though xD

@skalgon - Good luck and have fun, may the best Zerg win! Once we get closer to the date of the tournaments opening we should organise a date and time.

2 out of 3 matchups are mirror matchups hahaha

And i forgot to tell. the 5th and the 6th person on the end of the 5th round are eliminated! So make sure you dont end up there :3

Years
Shadow that won't work. Because three of us will win and three will lose, so there will be three tied for second and three tied for first after the first round most likely. You could go down to look at matches I guess but personally I think this would be more fun for everyone involved if we didn't run this as an elimination tournament and just did a tally of results at the end.

TY

Shadow that won't work. Because three of us will win and three will lose, so there will be three tied for second and three tied for first after the first round most likely. You could go down to look at matches I guess but personally I think this would be more fun for everyone involved if we didn't run this as an elimination tournament and just did a tally of results at the end.

I meant for after the 5 rounds of games, not directly after round 1, cause then you had a point indeed.
After those 5 rounds (so there is more than one win) it will go into a elimination tournament

Years
So, we do these five rounds? Then do the elimination rounds?
So after these five the two with the lowest scores get dropped and so forth for every round after that?

What happens in the event of a tie?

TY

So, we do these five rounds? Then do the elimination rounds?
So after these five the two with the lowest scores get dropped and so forth for every round after that?

What happens in the event of a tie?

Yes after the 5 rounds there is a semi-final, and then the finals (+ a final for 3rd place) and the two with the lowest get dropped after the 5 rounds.

In the events of a tie (if there is a tie between the #4 and the #5, and with that i mean poins aswell as map scores (how many maps you won/lost). FE they both have 3 points and a 5W/5L map score) they will do a best of 3 against each other. But its very unlikely that will happen, though you have a point.

TY

Also one more thing i forgot (apologies for being a bad host ^^"):

I'd love to have all the replays of the games, so if you could save them and send them to me (using Dropbox or any other file sharing magic) then that would be awesome :3

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Something I just thought of: do you want everyone to submit their EU Starcraft II names and friend ID number thingamajigs here?

Back