• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Dear CBC aka S+M,

Please go on the PO server as im lonely, naked etc. This will also increase activity.

Regards, Cutezelf.

Years
Awww Dark Azelf <3

As much as I would like to go onto the server and have you bear my children, I will have to respectfully decline this opportunity as I do not want you to bend me over and rape me Pokemon style V______V

I appreciate all the help you're giving me with my team building and such though! <3

Use Haxorus (with a choice scarf)

It's just NOT THE SAME!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Awww Dark Azelf <3

As much as I would like to go onto the server and have you bear my children, I will have to respectfully decline this opportunity as I do not want you to bend me over and rape me Pokemon style V______V

I appreciate all the help you're giving me with my team building and such though! <3

It's just NOT THE SAME!

144px-645Landorus.png
/
180px-639Terrakion.png
@
th_ChoiceScarf.png

Use imo. Best scarfers in game.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Dear CBC aka S+M,

Please go on the PO server as im lonely, naked etc. This will also increase activity.

Regards, Cutezelf.

sorry i have evolved into a sloth, therefore i sleep away like 98% of my day

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I was also... sleeping. Or was I? idk I think I was. /legitimate excuse

Drakow Terrakion is amazing D< Well idk, I think I used scarf Terrakion, I know I used sash for a while but idk I prefer being able to either SD or Rock Polish tbh. Also, tried scarf Landorus it was "okay" for me, I don't really recall much about when I did, though :(

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I have a skar/tran/gastro core and a offensive core of 2 nasty plot zoroark and mew (I use transform for last slot on mew) what is a good glue pokemon gengar is not working right now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Will anybody do a test battle with me? i need to test my new team.

Best place to ask for this is in the quick battle thread, cause this place serves as discussion, while that subforum concentrates more on the battling side of competitive. :)

edit:
| 1 | Deoxys-S | 49519 | 10.532% |
| 2 | Politoed | 40819 | 8.681% |

Okay I know how I said I wanted Deoxys-S to get main lead last month, but... really, considering how common weather is, yeah idk I'm not a great fan of that stat now, lol.

Also, omg yes for most common:
| 1 | Scizor | 137715 | 29.269% | 115559 | 29.456% |
| 2 | Dragonite | 132284 | 28.114% | 106045 | 27.031% |
| 3 | Rotom-W | 105408 | 22.402% | 94593 | 24.112% |
| 4 | Ferrothorn | 86862 | 18.461% | 76529 | 19.507% |

tbh Scizor literally IS the most useful Pokemon in OU (and yet I can beat it easily lool while mine lasts) so I'm glad w/ that.

Last edited:
Years
I have a feeling that dragonite wont last too much longer. After 1-2 dd, he is crazy. I should know, I've used one since I started comp battling and he has won me soo any matches.
I would hate to see him go, but he hurts.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
tbh Scizor literally IS the most useful Pokemon in OU (and yet I can beat it easily lool while mine lasts) so I'm glad w/ that.
I completely disagree. Scizor has strong priority and U-turn, and that'd be it. There are tons of other mons with so much more use...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Priority generally is something every team needs tbh (sure there's screens and other things that can help you but with the amount of things like dragon dance, choice scarf users and the such around, I find myself pretty lost w/o priority) and Scizor just happens to be one of the better users of it. It's the most useful to me but definitely is one of the most useful overall because other than Lucario/Ice Shard users/Dragonite, nothing else really uses priority, and those are all less commonly used, mainly because Scizor gets technician boost, STAB, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Priority generally is something every team needs tbh (sure there's screens and other things that can help you but with the amount of things like dragon dance, choice scarf users and the such around, I find myself pretty lost w/o priority) and Scizor just happens to be one of the better users of it. It's the most useful to me but definitely is one of the most useful overall because other than Lucario/Ice Shard users/Dragonite, nothing else really uses priority, and those are all less commonly used, mainly because Scizor gets technician boost, STAB, etc.
You forgot about Conkeldurr and Mach Punch (Breloom is sometimes seen with it too). Conkeldurr's Mach Punch gets rather powerful after a Bulk Up or two.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Forgot 'bout them two! But tbh, there's also the fact that Extremespeed, Fake Out, Mach Punch all have a type which they can't hit at all, while Bullet Punch doesn't get that (and only resisted by a few!) In fact, after one SD boost it can pretty much 2hko or OHKO 21 Pokemon in OU, which is prettyyy useful. Oh and that psychics are common in OU too, so u-turn/bug bite actually are of great use. Just how I see it though.

Years
Good points on scizor but a lot of ou pokes pack a fire move as well so if that bullet punch doesn't ohko, a 4xbattle weakness really hurts.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well that's something you can figure from battling often tbh, I can generally tell what has fire attacks (punch, flamethrower, fire blast), or HP fire and generally what bullet punch can OHKO (and my other Pokemon covering that obv).

Years
That is true. That why I like giving unconventional pokemon hp fire ^_^ .also yes, dragonite's fire punch hurts him a lot. And with multiscale active, that priority is meh at best

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
That's what team preview can be used for. Take out the threats and then feel free to sweep, like for example (different case but yeah), I wouldn't use Shell Smash on a Cloyster with focus sash while any priority user is in the opponent's team, etc, same should go for this. If Scizor is used with caution then it's fine imo.

Also on the Rotom-W note, I actually prefer HP fire since it OHKO's scizor and outspeeds rather than the opponent assuming you will use w-o-w and switch in something w-o-w doesn't really hurt lol. I'm not saying like Scizor is the ultimate Pokemon or anything, it's just really one of the most useful and if used effectively it can be hard to stop.

Also on the HP fire note in general, at one point 3/6 of my Pokemon had HP fire, lol, but then I realised I needed ice so gave it to the one that could make the most use of HP ice. :x

Oh yeah, and with Multiscale? Stealth rock and scizor go well. :)

Years
That is true as well, but in three turns, enough damage can be done to 'nite to make roost ineffective at reactivating multiscale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back