• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
look, we all know bouffalant is the evolution of taorus right? the creators just dont wanna admit that. same with alomomola and luvdisc. All they need to do is to put a new pokemon between these 2 and there you go! a full evolution chain! also, i kinda wanna see a absol and pachirisu pre-evo or evo respectivley.

Except buffalos and bulls aren't the same species, which is why they'll never have an evolution connection. The only Pokemon that's related to Tauros is Miltank because both share the same base stats and are both cattle.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We should get a pre evolution of the cattle duo to link them rather than some random middle evolution linking two Pokémon that aren't connected beyond one being the regional clone of the other...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
look, we all know bouffalant is the evolution of taorus right? the creators just dont wanna admit that. same with alomomola and luvdisc. All they need to do is to put a new pokemon between these 2 and there you go! a full evolution chain! also, i kinda wanna see a absol and pachirisu pre-evo or evo respectivley.

Nope, sorry sir, but you are seriously misguided. Gamefreak has said no Gen 5 is related to any previous Pokemon. So none of those are evolutions to the previous Pokemon. They never will be.

Except buffalos and bulls aren't the same species, which is why they'll never have an evolution connection. The only Pokemon that's related to Tauros is Miltank because both share the same base stats and are both cattle.

Miltank and Tauros aren't related. Unlike Nidoran and Volbeat/Illumise, you cannot breed one and get the other. They are both based on bovines but neither are related to the other (yet)

Years
I feel like they should've made a proper connection... it's almost like Nidoqueen not being able to breed while her counterpart can...they should fix that out of all things.

I wonder if Sableye may get an evolution or a pre evolution that evolves into it later in the movie like Munchlax did in Destiny Deoxys.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I feel like they should've made a proper connection... it's almost like Nidoqueen not being able to breed while her counterpart can...they should fix that out of all things.

I wonder if Sableye may get an evolution or a pre evolution that evolves into it later in the movie like Munchlax did in Destiny Deoxys.

Nidoqueen is based off how some queens are incapable of having children while the king then sleeps around with others to create heirs.

As for Sableye, watch he'll make an Anime debut in Dekkora and get captured by one of the three characters.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Something I thought of in another thread...

Do you have any pokemon that you'd hate to see get an evolution purely because they already look amazing?

For me I'd hate to see Cofagrigus get an evolution, it just looks perfect already.

Years
Nidoqueen is based off how some queens are incapable of having children while the king then sleeps around with others to create heirs.

As for Sableye, watch he'll make an Anime debut in Dekkora and get captured by one of the three characters.
I get that but why can't her second stage breed either...she's not a queen yet...
Come to think about it perhaps the Milktank not being able to produce any Taurus is based on how farmers prefer to have cows over bulls...

As I said in the other thread, I don't really have any, unless of course they're to give that Pokémon the Purugly treatment, shivers.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Nooo it would be exclusive to X, and Yatu would be exclusive to Y, but having an evolution exclusive to one game would be weird ahaha.

Maybe it could be like Leafeon and Glaceon, where you need to take the Natu to a region exclusive location?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Something I thought of in another thread...

Do you have any pokemon that you'd hate to see get an evolution purely because they already look amazing?

For me I'd hate to see Cofagrigus get an evolution, it just looks perfect already.

Cofagrigus evo will be some kind of mummy I guess.

Years
I don't want to see that...also if that were it's evolution I'll imagine it'll defenses will be decreased...and it's defenses are one of it's good parts.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What if Primeape got an evolution? It'd be a super angry ape. Angry cause his DNA was mixed? ;)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I came up with an idea for a Beartic evolution that I never got round to drawing. I always thought it was a shame Beartic had such potential (I love polar bears) but ended up weaker than Ursaring who's already not exactly spectacular.

I had the idea that his ice beard would spread to become a like a Pharaoh's headdress made of ice (stripes not necessary), and he'd be bigger, burlier (wider shoulders compared to Beartic) and tougher-looking. Ice/Fighting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
At first I was going to question this, but I can see this happening, actually! Reason being, I can see how the Slakoth family has Vigoroth as the overly hyperactive one, and yet Slaking is the total opposite. So maybe Primape's evo would be the total opposite of it's pre-evo, extremely chill and yet extremely dangerous (like Slaking)?

Maybe not quite as dangerous as Slaking, but I can totally see this happening.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I agree, tbh the Mankey line kind look like pigs with fur and primate limbs, but not primates. I'm not really a big fan of the gen 1 Pokemon (ugh, some of them are SO boring and generic), but a Primape evolution wouldn't be a bad thing in the slightest.

Years
I have a long time dream of seeing a Seviper's evolution. A Dragon/Poison type Pokemon :3

Btw, Eviolite Cofagrigus would be scary as hell o.O

Back