• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rogue

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
- Pokemon Rogue -

Pokemon Rogue is a Pokemon Fan Game created with RPG Maker XP and the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit. The game development is ran by me and anyone else on the team list, and progress is determined by my efforts and interests so I don't get bored enough of making the game to help. It takes place in the new region of Haiden and will center around the incorporating of a semi-open world gameplay and the quests that go with it.

The Haiden Region
HaidenRegion.PNG

_______Story_______
Spoiler:

____Goal Features____
*These features are my goals, and are subject to change.
Spoiler:

_____Characters_____
Spoiler:

____Screenshots____
Spoiler:

__Live Games Team__
Spoiler:

_______Credit_______

Starter Kit - Poccil, Flameguru
Tiles - Alucus_Of_Borg
Tiles - Novus
Tiles - Dew
Tiles - Kyledove
Tiles - Alistar
Tiles - 121rotom35

_______Updates_______
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
It has been quite a while since I last heard from you.
Last time you were trying to recruit me for my limited scripting skills.
Sorry to say, I am still short on time and can not help.

Good to see the game up though.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
It has been quite a while since I last heard from you.
Last time you were trying to recruit me for my limited scripting skills.
Sorry to say, I am still short on time and can not help.

Good to see the game up though.

Thanks, and its too bad you don't have the time. Maybe when you have more.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Update
------------------------

For anyone who's interested, I've an update! I don't put everything I've done up because I don't want to just give everything away. So here's some news and new content. Florio has joined the team to do some mapping for Rogue.

----------------------

I've finished the map of the Haiden reigion, with a custom style that combines the Diamond/Pearl style with my own ideas.

HaidenRegion.PNG

----------------------

Two New Characters

__________________Rival
Default Name: Calder
Rival.png

Personality -
Calder displays a seemingly emotionless attitude caused by his childhood. His goals are mysterious, often mixing with his own personal ambitions and his ties with Solum Juvenis
Background -
The unknown teen from Solum Juvenis. He grew up being trained for what was seen as his destiny, and that training has left him at what he is today.

__________________Gallen
Desert Hawk Leader/7th Gym Leader
GallenSmall.png

Personality -
Gallen is a caring leader who is like a father figure to the small mercenary group called Desert Hawk. He cares very
much for everyone under him in Desert Hawk, but is willing to do what he has to do outside of it to keep every as happy and as safe as possible.
Background -
Gallen took over as leader of Desert Hawk at age 18. He was a relatively
effective leader, and Desert Hawk grew slowly. During this time he became a gym leader. He used that gym as a base of operations for missions away from the
main Desert Hawk Complex,He had a care free attitude until he decided to take the job that resulted in the Reef Isles Tragedy. The event
hurt him a lot and he's done everything he's can to protect Desert Hawk since, starting when he decided to adopt the orphaned player character.

----------------------

Thats it for today. Anyone who wants to join is free to PM me with the application in the original post. I would also like some constructive criticism if anyone can give it.

For my next update I'm considering making a video.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
...Wow! What a nice-looking game! I commend your innovation (although I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of fakemon), plus you seem like a pretty good spriter-- especially with that region map. Wow!

I also love the idea of having an open-world gameplay; linear storylines and progression always bugged me [/hypocrite], and I look forward to seeing where you'll take it. (I think the branching path opens up a good potential for having multiple endings.)

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Update
------------------------
For anyone who's interested, I've designed the menu system. Its still has a bit of bugs I need to work out, but this is it. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
No Exit or Option menu items? Otherwise, it looks great. Maybe you could try using the font rendering methods to draw the text, rather than use pictures (this is assuming it's a script, not an event system) - this will make it easier to modify the options if needed, and make it fit with the rest of the game more (the 'm' character in the menu is noticeably different to that in the font).

Years
That's very slick. Nice job :D Management has another E in it, by the way.

The only thing that looks off are the lowercase M's and N's. They seem to be a pixel or two taller than the other letters, which makes them look a little bit odd.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
No Exit or Option menu items? Otherwise, it looks great. Maybe you could try using the font rendering methods to draw the text, rather than use pictures (this is assuming it's a script, not an event system) - this will make it easier to modify the options if needed, and make it fit with the rest of the game more (the 'm' character in the menu is noticeably different to that in the font).
Its an event system, so I think I'll stay with the style it has. As for exiting, it can be done with the X button, and Options and Save go in a submenu under File Management

That's very slick. Nice job :D Management has another E in it, by the way.

The only thing that looks off are the lowercase M's and N's. They seem to be a pixel or two taller than the other letters, which makes them look a little bit odd.

Thanks. All of those are luckily relatively easy fixes.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
When I saw the name i felt a bit bored but when i entered the thread i saw this game was amazing!

Back