• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hey, so I had a signature that had a spoiler in it and was too big without it, so I finally decided to change it so it only shows my recent thing. That is why I took away the [sig-reason] thing. Is it okay now? Better be.

Yup, it's fine now, the images are within the allotted dimensions. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Is there a reason why the maximum character count get lowered? :[

I went to edit my signature but now even if I don't edit anything it says it's exceeding the limit of 3000 characters, which is right because mine's over 4000, but I never had a trouble with this previous to now. :/

Edit: In-fact, the limit is actually 2998 despite it saying 3000.
I'll look into it for you and either reply to this thread again later or send you a PM myself.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I have a question! If I were to use a larger GIF in my signature, I'd like to make sure it doesn't exceed one megabyte before putting it in my signature. How would I go about doing that? I use Google Chrome, and the inspect element option when I right-click on an image is different than it is in Firefox. I can see width and height just fine, but couldn't find anything for megabytes when checking GIFs.

I hope I'm allowed to ask this here, since it's signature related, but if not, then feel free to delete this post.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have a question! If I were to use a larger GIF in my signature, I'd like to make sure it doesn't exceed one megabyte before putting it in my signature. How would I go about doing that? I use Google Chrome, and the inspect element option when I right-click on an image is different than it is in Firefox. I can see width and height just fine, but couldn't find anything for megabytes when checking GIFs.

I hope I'm allowed to ask this here, since it's signature related, but if not, then feel free to delete this post.

Right Click > Inspect Element > Click the link highlighted > Wait a sec > File Size. If tit doesn't work for some strange reason, we can just check for you in the future.

:)

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Hi, I'm new here and maybe I'm making a mistake by asking this here but I'll do it anyways.
I've noticed that some people have more than one immage in their signatures, but for me it doesn't work, it just shows the script.
Am I doing something wrong there?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi, I'm new here and maybe I'm making a mistake by asking this here but I'll do it anyways.
I've noticed that some people have more than one immage in their signatures, but for me it doesn't work, it just shows the script.

Just upload to something like www.imgur.com and you can add more than one image, as long as you're doing it properly by the [IMG][/IMG] tags. :3

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years

Are you by any chance placing multiple image URLs within the same

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Changed my signature again so coming in to ask if it's ok, so if need be I can fix it before it gets disabled if not!!
Thanks

Yup, your signature is A-Okay c: (I don't understand that expression, but basically it's fine!)

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Is my signature within the limits too?
Also everyone says that there are borken pics in my sig, although I can't see them :( could you guys just fix it? :D

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Is my signature within the limits too?
Also everyone says that there are borken pics in my sig, although I can't see them :( could you guys just fix it? :D
The link to the image in your signature is broken - it redirects to a 404 page on PC. You need to re-upload it elsewhere. :]

Nihilego

Years
>_< Sigh, I don't see anything D:

It looks like (somehow) you've tried to upload the image to PC's server and it's not working. Use an external website like tinypic, imgur or photobucket and try again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Am I allowed to credit someone from a different forum for their work?

Nihilego

Years
Tman109ner said:
Am I allowed to credit someone from a different forum for their work?

I don't see a problem with that since it's not really advertising so go ahead!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Just gonna make sure my width isn't surpassing the limits. I was going to preview this for after Halloween, but hit save instead, so I'm just gonna keep this one.

The limit is 600px and you're not even approaching 400px, so it's fine by quite a way and looking rather cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back