• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PkMn Online V1.0! (It is Possible!)

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2007
Yes I am making a pokemon online with the Legaly Sanctioned Version of RMXP I have the site to where to goto If any questions are asked.

~Story~
Not needed. Its online.

~Characters~
Not needed. Anyone who joins.

~ScreenShots~
Attached.

~Completion~
Cities/Towns: 3%
Routes: 1%
Scripts: 2%
Charas: 45%

~Looking For a Team.~
Needed List:
Mappers: 3
Scripters: 2
Eventers: 1

~Team~
r4mb0 - Mapper 1
Billiards Koopa - Mapper 2

I don't know if its against forum rules to Post links to other sites (RMXP Sites) but I can't yet because I havn't posted 15 posts or more -.- .
And no I'm not a staff or mod or anything wat so ever.

~Aerios

~EDIT: Sorry about the double Topic I messed up and thought I made 1 XD sorry.
~EDIT2: If no one believes me i'll have a demonstration with an administrator or a mod if neccisary.
~EDIT3: If you guys think i'm a noob im not, just bacause my post count it doesn't matter iv'e been on every other forum with this post. If I don't get help fine, i'll do it myself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2007
i'll help you map..I am desperate for an online Pkmon game lol

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2007
That chat box is hideous, not to mention space-filling and inconvenient.
Anyone can use the Online RMXP script, let's see if you have the RGSS skills to code any of your own systems.

I wasn't asking for a comment from an inconsiderate jerk. (I cant spell THAT GOOD if i spelt that right) Most of all I just want to make it as a community project. Please keep your bad comments to yourself, if you can't support then don't post, if you have somthing to say thats actualy good then ok I can deal with it.

Years
I wasn't asking for a comment from an inconsiderate jerk. (I cant spell THAT GOOD if i spelt that right) Most of all I just want to make it as a community project. Please keep your bad comments to yourself, if you can't support then don't post, if you have somthing to say thats actualy good then ok I can deal with it.

He wasn't acting like a jerk, and as much as his comment may hurt your feelings I agree with it. Maybe it wasn't the right word to describe the CB, but you shouldn't take it so personally. If you're not going to take comments and opinions maturely then maybe you shouldn't have posted your project here anyway.

Not everyone's gonna give you props and sugary comments.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2007
He wasn't acting like a jerk, and as much as his comment may hurt your feelings I agree with it. Maybe it wasn't the right word to describe the CB, but you shouldn't take it so personally. If you're not going to take comments and opinions maturely then maybe you shouldn't have posted your project here anyway.

Not everyone's gonna give you props and sugary comments.

Ehh I kno that. Mostly I have had comments in the past that got me mad but really I can't script, I can event, I can map, and I can make an entire game myself (I have before) but all i'm asking is for a little
help (1 person can't make an Online game himself), iv'e had problems in the past and alot of experience with other team members. I'm not the type of guy to go into an all out war with someone because of a comment.

~Aerios

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2007
Why the negativity...so there are problems with the screenies but isn't this game DEVELOPMENT and if making online games was so easy how come there are hardly any Pokemon ones? and the ones that are around either suck out loud or are beta or are in diff languages

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Need a spriter? then im in. pm me for info about the mini's plx
cya, UnitRico

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
Actually, yes one man can. I've made 3 online games using Elysium and systems like it. All of them had custom systems and the like, there is no reason why you can't do the same.

Dash... Shut up.

Anyhow, I am going to put up my opinion here, and this is not pointing directly to Dash, but some other members as well, I won't name them, but all of them know who they are...

Some time ago when we didn't have that much "expert" game makers nobody complained on the amount of "n00b" games, probably because there weren't that much good ones, honor to the exceptions. But then these "expert" game makers came and started attacking "n00b" games... Because they asked for help... Ok, the help they wanted was really something, I mean it is supposed to be your game... But, still, all of that was around even before they came. What troubles me the most is that almost all of them, again honor to the exceptions, have no proof of their "expertise". But still they are considered experts. Plus, they make it their right to put it in your face that they are better than you and you should leave because you don't have the chance to survive with all those "beasts" around. It seems that all of them have forgotten that everybody was a n00b, including them, and probably if someone didn't encourage them they would still be n00bs... So please stop attacking newbies, because who knows, maybe you are attacking the next Dawson, or the next Neo-Dragon... So don't eliminate the competition by saying that you are better, eliminate it by being better.

Years
Nice post, DarkPegasus.

Judging by the work you posted, your maps are good. Also, maybe have some quests (Considering there is no story)? And abut the chat box: maybe read an RGSS tutorial and make it a bit smaller (If I could script, I would help you, but I don't have the attention span to read a couple of RGSS tutorials).

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
Years
Mmmm..... I agree with Don Patch nice post. Dash helped me a little but he is rude. People don't post comments for the sake of it or for having fun. They post it because they want the game to be better. I guess people will listen to you if you just talk more politely. Please start doing that dash.

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2007
Nice post, DarkPegasus.

Judging by the work you posted, your maps are good. Also, maybe have some quests (Considering there is no story)? And abut the chat box: maybe read an RGSS tutorial and make it a bit smaller (If I could script, I would help you, but I don't have the attention span to read a couple of RGSS tutorials).

True you do have a point and I will be adding some quests, thanks for reminding me (I kinda forgot).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I can help with mapping and coming up with ideas, gathering info, (including attacks, pokemon, pokemon stats and crud like that). Just let me know where to start (through PM would be grat. Don't need to clutter this place up [it's cluttered a little as it is])

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
If you make a thread for showcasing your game, you will end up having both good comments and bad comments. Yeah, we all agree that Dash isn't the person we love the most here (lol), but he do his job of criticising. The thing is... if you can't take the critics, don't post.

~Azura
Anti-Dash Club Director

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2008
Ehh I kno that. Mostly I have had comments in the past that got me mad but really I can't script, I can event, I can map, and I can make an entire game myself (I have before) but all i'm asking is for a little
help (1 person can't make an Online game himself), iv'e had problems in the past and alot of experience with other team members. I'm not the type of guy to go into an all out war with someone because of a comment.

~Aerios

i understand where ur coming from though. Ive found Dashes comments to be pretty harsh sumtimes.

Back