• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I noticed that as I was playing your lovely BETA 2 (I know this issue has been brought up before, but I'm not too sure what the conclusion was) that the female OW sprite is kinda strange which I'm assuming is due to the editing on the "boy" sprite. I think it would be cool though if you actually did keep the "girl" option (although it seems you would have to change some/large amounts of script) and edited the OW girl sprite to be a little more "Silver"-like. Just my opinion as a female gamer I would like to play as a ... girl. Even though I used to not to (etc)...
This is hack 'bout Silver so female hero isn't important ;)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I noticed that as I was playing your lovely BETA 2 (I know this issue has been brought up before, but I'm not too sure what the conclusion was) that the female OW sprite is kinda strange which I'm assuming is due to the editing on the "boy" sprite. I think it would be cool though if you actually did keep the "girl" option (although it seems you would have to change some/large amounts of script) and edited the OW girl sprite to be a little more "Silver"-like. Just my opinion as a female gamer I would like to play as a ... girl. Even though I used to not to (etc)...

So, now that my unnecessary opinion has been added into the mix-- I love this hack it's great so far! Unfortunately the summer is practically over and therefore .. school which could be troublesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your continued hard work and dedication (and the rest of your hack team too)!
Well yeah, like Ash said. But I'll continue the hard work for the rest of the summer, but when school starts, I'm shutting the hack thread down for a looong while. And if I don't release BETA 3 before the end of the summer, then it'll be sometime this year. I might just run the hack thread in my signature Lol

I've got glitches to report. Beta 2 is truly amazing, by the way.
Spoiler:

Bye for now. Good luck with your Hack!
Hey, thanks. You have a sharp eye for bugs, unlike some people...;)

Shadow-Lugia

Musn't..... Get......GRROOO!!!
Years
Whaddya mean "unlike somepeople"? I was just about to report the girlball one!
btw robin is the name of a tainer in the original FireRed, just sayin'
EDIT: Hoppip used sprash!
EDIT 2: I suck, where are the grunts you get the blacklasses from, coz the only ones I can find just chat

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2022
Hey cooley, nice hack! d(^^)b Just one thing, why doe's the hero guy sprite look like a chick?

Years
Sorry Cooley.
But i didn't even get them errors, only the tile blocking the way which made my game crash.
But i reported that to you, plus about the tile error reasons.
In the notepad, it said not to report them.
So i didn't. :)

Anyway, looks good so far.
Good luck!:)

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I like it I just don't like the main character talking. I'm sorry but all the main character talking just doesn't seem right. XD

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Screenies impressive, like the tiles you have used. Good Luck on making further progress

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Whaddya mean "unlike somepeople"? I was just about to report the girlball one!
btw robin is the name of a tainer in the original FireRed, just sayin'
EDIT: Hoppip used sprash!
EDIT 2: I suck, where are the grunts you get the blacklasses from, coz the only ones I can find just chat

Unlike some people, like you, who are reporting "glitches" which are not "glitches". The reason that Cooley edited "Splash" to "Sprash" is because it would take damage, and wouldn't be like a Noobish "Splash" which does nothing.

And yeah, you shoulda reported it before I do. But too bad. I did it first. And Cooley never said "Unlike some People" to you. Maybe he's referring to someone esle. And to your reply on
"Edit 2", the reason that the Grunts are still talking is because you haven't tried walking through the Bridge yet. A Old Man will stop you, and he will ask you for his Black Glasses.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I played It and wow,
I actually think it can succeed djg´s ruby destiny.
Well thanks, but DJG has a team, and I only have mappers. DJG also has a wonderful imagination too.

how far does version 2.1.6 go
Up to Route 13.

New Updates; Screenshots

While patiently awaiting a map, I took on another task. To create a "Side-event" or sort of miniquest.
2dwi39d.jpg
fjkkgm.jpg

2nbejae.jpg
2e185qh.jpg

Btw, that's Silver back in G/S/C times :)

I know it's a rip off of Safari Zone, but it's better than that. I gaurantee you.
First things first, explain how it works.

It works the same way the Safari Zone works. 600 steps and you're done.
You catch Pokemon the same way you do in the Safari Zone, with Rocks and Bait :P
And there are treasures like the Safari Zone.

Now, the Safari Zone is a complete place, but the Catching Zone isn't. You need some serious cash if you want to catch more Pokémon.
I'll implement a cash system that's based on variables where, everytime you visit the Catching Zone, it adds money to the total. And each time you visit, you spend $750 (might increase).

So once you've reached the goal ($10,000-100,000) new areas will become available to you. But don't worry, if you don't have enough money, just battle the trainers :)

Some of these areas contain legendary Pokémon such as Celebi, Latios/Latias, Registeel and Regice, and maybe some of the Legendary Dogs/Cats/Mice/Elephants. Whatever you call them. Entei is not there, obviously for a reason (will be explained in-game).
There could be more, but that's up to you, and your interest in this "Side-Event".

So what do you all think about this?

Last edited:

Aspinth

Assspinth? Aspinth? Aspinth!
Years
Wow, I really haven't been here in a while... I just wanted to say, fantastic job on this, really! I think it's one if not, the best hack in Progressing! But you could have at least told us, when the beta ended Lol. The tiles are original and well presented, and the music matches well. The trainers aren't lagging in the battle department, well they are a bit too easy :) I could tell you took your time with the hack, especially the maps and scripts. The titlescreen is awesome too, and the whole intro thing. I like the textbox and the new font, looks really good with the tiles for some reason :P And as for your new updates, I think it's a fantastic idea! No hack I've seen has ever done something like that :D I'm just surprised that it's in the progressing hacks section. You should consider the Hacks Showcase sometime.

I've been real busy since you last saw me. So sorry I haven't been helping you out. I suppose now, I can help again!
Good luck with this, and everything!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I think that's a very nice feature.
So I'll have to spend my last 10,000 to go to the past when I could pay 500 before?
Man, you sure know how to spend our money...
Lol, you only spend $750 each visit.

Aspinth said:
Wow, I really haven't been here in a while... I just wanted to say, fantastic job on this, really! I think it's one if not, the best hack in Progressing! But you could have at least told us, when the beta ended Lol. The tiles are original and well presented, and the music matches well. The trainers aren't lagging in the battle department, well they are a bit too easy :) I could tell you took your time with the hack, especially the maps and scripts. The titlescreen is awesome too, and the whole intro thing. I like the textbox and the new font, looks really good with the tiles for some reason :P And as for your new updates, I think it's a fantastic idea! No hack I've seen has ever done something like that :D I'm just surprised that it's in the progressing hacks section. You should consider the Hacks Showcase sometime.

I've been real busy since you last saw me. So sorry I haven't been helping you out. I suppose now, I can help again!
Good luck with this, and everything!
Good to see you again, thanks for all of your feedback too ;)

I would consider the Hacks Showcase, but school starts in 2 days so... I wouldn't be able to manage it that well. Thanks for the offer, I'll PM you about this.

MK said:
The text made me Gi-gi-gle
What text?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Awesomeness!
I love catching legendaries!
And the old location is really nice :) those tiles ya used really nicely coping the G/S/C games :) and by the way Silver really will be like the old one in that zone?
Can't wait to see more of this.
Keep up the great work cooley!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Awesomeness!
I love catching legendaries!
And the old location is really nice :) those tiles ya used really nicely coping the G/S/C games :) and by the way Silver really will be like the old one in that zone?
Can't wait to see more of this.
Keep up the great work cooley!
Thanks, and yeah it actually is the old Silver.
This "event" will be available in the next BETA, so be ready ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back