• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Trading Card Game Tournament

Years
Overview
Welcome to the Pokemon Trading Card Game Tournament Thread for PokeCommunity's 8th Get Together! This is your chance to battle against other members of the PokeCommunity! No cards necessary!

Your Host

Game Rules
  • Each round will consist of only one game against your opponent.
  • Remember! No cheating!
  • Please keep track of how many prizes each player takes. This margin will be used as a tiebreaker!
  • This tournament will have no set limitations. See banned cards list for banned cards.
  • You can use any play method in any of the tournaments, but only if you technical difficulties prevent you from using the primary method for a match.
  • If you use a Pokemon Power, you must ask your opponent if he or she will use Power Spray or the Power of the Mysterious Treasures Alakazam to counter it before moving on with your turn.
  • You may only play in one of the three tournaments.
  • Match results must be posted in this thread!

Banned Cards
  • Birthday Pikachu (______'s Pikachu)
  • Ancient Mew
  • Cards from the World Championship decks
  • Fakes
  • Jumbos

Accepted Play Methods
  • One play method will be www.playtcg.me, which requires you to create a login at Bebessearch.com, which is where you as a tournament participant can either build your own deck list or use a public or community-submitted deck list. This saves on setup time for you, the player, since you don't have to assemble a deck if you don't want to. This play method will not work with any Internet Explorer version! To play a match:
    • Create a login at Bebessearch.com
      • While at Bebessearch.com, study the public and user-submitted decklists, then make a decklist of your own or add ones you like to your decks.
    • Go to playtcg.me and login with your Bebessearch.com login.
    • Follow this YouTube video to learn how to use the program. Match setup is covered in the video. You will not be able to choose a program version to use since it's now out of beta. It also now has an in-game chat box that doubles as a message box.
  • Instant Messages, such as WLM/MSN or AIM. Requires your own cards!
  • Video or voice chat clients, such as WLM/MSN or Skype. Requires your own cards!
  • Redshark. Installation instructions are as follows:
    • Download RedShark from PokeBeach. From their home page, the link is on the left sidebar under the TCG header, by the name of "Redshark Program". Follow the instructions there to download and install the software.
    • Download Hamachi from here.
    • Read the conditions of use and then check the box below the the two columns to indicate that you agree to the Conditions of Use, and then click the Download Now button under the Unmanaged column.
    • Run the installer for Hamachi.
      • Click "Next", "Next", "Install" (after this is when security popups will happen on Vista and 7), and then "Finish".
    • Close out of Hamachi. You will only need to go into it to create a Hamachi network (make sure to give your opponent the info they need to access this) or join a Hamachi network your opponent creates.
    • The Redshark Help file, found under the Tools menu at the top of the screen as "Redshark Help...", has a very simple guide on how to set up matches over Hamachi.

Don't know how to play? Need a refresher on the rules? Here's a few quick links for you!

Prizes
Emblems will be awarded to the top finisher in each tournament.

Schedule
Event Timetable
July 15th, 12AM EST (GMT -5): Signups start for all tournaments. Choose a tournament based on how you'd like to play.
July 15th, 11:59PM EST (GMT -5): Deadline to sign up for the IM/Skype Tournament, if it hasn't filled up to 8 players.
July 16th, 12AM (GMT -5): Round 1 for the IM/Skype Tournament starts.
July 16th, 11:59AM (GMT -5): Deadline to sign up for the second Skype/IM Tournament, if it hasn't filled up to 8 players.
July 16th, 12PM (GMT -5): Round 1 for the Skype/IM Tournament starts.
July 16th, 11:59PM (GMT -5): Deadline to sign up for the playtcg.me/Redshark Tournament.
July 17th, 12AM (GMT -5): Round 1 for the playtcg.me/Redshark Tournament starts.
July 18th, 11:59PM (GMT -5): All matches must be completed and reported!

Tournament Schedules

Skype/IM Tournament
Round 1: July 16th
Round 2: July 17th
Round 3 July 18th

Redshark Tournament
Round 1: July 16th
Round 2: July 17th
Round 3: July 18th

playtcg.me Tournament
Round 1: July 17th
Round 2: July 18th
Round 3: *TBD based on how fast the first two rounds get completed.

Participants

Skype/IM Tournament 1
Somat
Flippar11
userpr
Anglican
Tournament sign-up closed!

Skype/IM Tournament 2

playtcg.me/Redshark Tournament
shadebattle

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to join in the Skype/IM tournament, but I'm at work for every single tournament round...

The rounds can be done at any time of day during that day, as long as they get done. They may even start early if the previous round gets done quickly enough. Matches that don't get played don't affect either player's tournament record, though it automatically puts you behind every other undefeated player in the tournament who have played in all the rounds, so there's an incentive to get all your matches done.

Flippar11

PKMN- The Lost Pichu Creator
Years
Hey there. I have decided i'll join, but I must ask something. Do you need to have a webcam for IM chats?

If so, I will go into the Redshark Tournament. If not, i'll join Skype/IM Tournament

Years
Well, in that case, I'll join the skype/IM league. I'll be available after 12AM AEST until 7AM AEST Saturday morning and then after 6PM AEST until I fall asleep that night :P and all Monday until 3PM AEST.

By AEST, I assume you mean Australian Eastern Standard time, right?

Also, you should note that these times are for the easternmost time zone of America, which is at GMT -5.

I'd like to enter the playtcg tournament.

Alright. Put you down for that.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I'd like to sign up for the Skype/IM tournament. =D

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
I shal sign up for the skype tournament. I may be typing commands, though. I'm available roughly 10 am - 5/6 pm AEST( australian eastern standerd time.

Years
I'd like to sign up for the Skype/IM tournament. =D
I shal sign up for the skype tournament. I may be typing commands, though. I'm available roughly 10 am - 5/6 pm AEST( australian eastern standerd time.

Alright! Adding you two in!

I may merge the Redshark and playtcg.me tournaments to make room for another Skype/IM tournament if the signup rate keeps up.

And 10 hours later, nobody else has signed up and the deadline for the first Skype/IM Tournament has passed!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pairings for Round 1 of the first Skype/IM Tournament are as follows:

Flippar11 vs. Anglican
userpr vs. somat

Round must be completed within 24 hours. See PMs for details, and post your results here in the thread!

Good luck to all battlers!

Last edited:
Years
So do I win? o.o Or am I dq by default?

The event doesn't happen because you're the only player, and it'd be unfair to those in the Skype event if you got an emblem just for signing up for an event that had no other people sign up. Sorry! :( I do hope you'll stick around the TCG section and help teach people how to play and such, though! (I'll be free to play matches after this week is done, most likely).

Anyway, I'll give a 12 hour extension for Round 1 matches! That means you have until 12 hours from the time of this post to get Round 1 matches done!

After that (since at that particular time I'll be without internet access), proceed onto your matches for Round 2, which are below:

Round 2 matches (to be completed within 30 hours of this post)
somat vs Anglican
userpr vs. Flippar11

Years
No matches? This is greatly disappointing. No one can get an emblem if there aren't any matches played. ._.;;

Round 3 matches:

Anglican vs. userpr
somat vs. Flippar11

Just get at least one of your matches from any round done by 11:59 PM on July 18th in American Eastern Standard Time (EST, GMT -5) or you won't be eligible for the emblem.

Back