• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
I have released the next Beta as the previous release had a few outdated errors that needed work on, this release doesn't just focus on fixing any existing bugs, I have also added a few new tidbits here and there. Some of these are minor changes such as type changes, attack changes etc and then some are more notable such as the replacement of the outdated RSE Sprites, Replacing Shuckle with Roserade and Inserting more OW sprites.

Beta 1.3 has been released which includes significant changes, all of which can be found below:

Changelog

- Individually inserted most of the Pokémon Black & White Sprites replacing the Pokémon Emerald Sprites, Pokemon look more fresh! (No Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon)

- Roserade has been inserted, she replaces Shuckle.

- Added Intro Text (At the beginning of the game to verify that the ROM has been patched)

- Updates/Changes to several boss teams including Gym Leaders, Rivals, E4 and Maxie & Archie giving a more
tactical approach to these battles

- Altered some movepools, i.e Chimechos now has eight additional moves

- Changed several abilities and types making things a little more even

- Edited a few Attacks regarding PP, Power and Accuracy. Example: Grasswhistle now has an Accuracy of 100

- Rebalaced the Base Stat Total distribution of Pokemon (Increased & Decreased) for more balance

- Updated Genders to suit respected Pokemon i.e Mr. Mime - Male, Luvdisc - Female

- Fixed some bugs including The Sky Pillar and Route 106 errors.

- Replaced some Ow's to match their species (Jirachi, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Charmander & Squirtle) - Thanks to Reverie_Aion for his Sprite Palletes

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Intro.png
There is a little error near the prof.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Hi, I just started playing this Pokemon hack and found a bug in Rustboro City: After entering the Pokecenter I was trapped in a 1x1 black room and couldn't leave any more.
Youtube video of the bug:

PS: Despite of that the hack seems to be pretty awesome ;)

blue

gucci
Years
Hi, I just started playing this Pokemon hack and found a bug in Rustboro City: After entering the Pokecenter I was trapped in a 1x1 black room and couldn't leave any more.
Youtube video of the bug:

PS: Despite of that the hack seems to be pretty awesome ;)

Thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed that error and I've re-uploaded the Beta. Strange for that to happen cause I tried it myself just now and the same thing happened, it was the Warp that had been moved onto a Black tile which I don't remember editing at any point.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I successfully patched the file but when I extract the file to my android the game is the original emerald and not expert emerald.

What I am doing wrong the the game ends up not being expert emerald though I patched it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed that error and I've re-uploaded the Beta. Strange for that to happen cause I tried it myself just now and the same thing happened, it was the Warp that had been moved onto a Black tile which I don't remember editing at any point.

Will I be able to continue my old savegame when updating to the patched version?

Years
I successfully patched the file but when I extract the file to my android the game is the original emerald and not expert emerald.

What I am doing wrong the the game ends up not being expert emerald though I patched it.
The title screen still says about original Emerald so don't worry. You can check whether you were successful by playing a bit and see the Poke encounters on Route 201

Will I be able to continue my old savegame when updating to the patched version?
Yes you can still play with your old save but Suicune mentioned that it would be wise to start a fresh game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
I fixed the problem. I used the final version of the patch and it worked. I guess I was using the old one before and it didn't work.

So far I beat the first gym boss, so far it's clean no bugs/glitches.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Now if I enter the Pokecenter I enter it on the left side of the door, not on the right as usual

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Sire, the new patch's great!
Even though the new sprites're not animated at all, at least I could have a fresher look than the last patch.

Ps would it be possible if gen5 moves were added?

Back