• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N's Pokemon in the wild

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
They could be hard to find (1-5%), but they're easy to identify because when you encounter them, green sparkles will surround them. They still have the green sparkles when sent into battle.

Anyway, here's the list of N's Pokemon and their locations:

Route 2: Purrloin

Wellspring Cave: Woobat

Pinwheel Forest (outside): Tympole, Pidove, Timburr

Desert Resort: Sandile, Scraggy, Darumaka, Darmanitan, Sigilyph

Chargestone Cave: Boldore, Joltik, Ferroseed, Klink

You also get N's Zorua from Rood in Driftveil after beating him in a battle.

I never understood this concept either, thanks for the information. I guess whenever I am done with studying for my finals and finished for the semester, I'll look into this. But just by looking at the other post in this thread, they should of at least gave these Pokemon a special move or something since it is going to be very difficult to find.

:t354:TG

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Do you need to catch all of them to battle N every day with the season based teams? Some sources say you do, but the official strategy guide doesn't.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Do you need to catch all of them to battle N every day with the season based teams? Some sources say you do, but the official strategy guide doesn't.

You don't need to catch N's Pokémon to trigger the daily battles with N. You only have to defeat or catch Reshiram/Zekrom and Kyurem in order to do the daily battles with him, but that's another story.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well, tonight I got bored while I was watching the Pokemon marthon for the movie. I finished catching all of N's pokemon. I still don't know if I want to evolve them though.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I have Darmanitan, Scraggy, Boldore, Klink, Pidove, Purrloin and Zorua (of course).

The first one I found was Scraggy and he sparkled a little and I thought "Wut! My first wild shiny appeared!", then I throw a quick ball right away, in fear I might kill- *ahem* - make him faint. It was a successful catch, but then I saw that the pokemon belonged to a different trainer and that I couldn't nickname it because of that. It was weird. It all made sense when I went to the box and saw who the original trainer was :)
I think it's really cute that N let go of their pokémon... But on the other hand, I don't think he'd like having a psycho trainer hunting down all his pokémon and make them rot in a computer box xD

FlutterRaeg

The Cult of Personality
Years
I think it's a cool addition. I need to do memory link still, though, but I need a friend's DS since I gave my old one to my sister.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have completed Chargestone Cave and Desert Resort's catches. In other words, the rest I can only do post-E4.

That noted, I should say there is a very good strategy for the Desert Resort quintet. Take a Lv.22 Pokémon in and activate a Max Repel (or a Super Repel) having more available once it runs out (I took 20). N's Pokémon automatically appear after you run around for a while. Be ready to swap out when Darmanitan puts in an appearance. When I was done, I had five encounters and five catches, no pure wild finds at all.

The same strategy can be used in Chargestone Cave as well, though when I tried to do it I accidentally had a lower level and still ran into wild Pokémon.

Cyclone

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
This intrigues me...
It also reminds me of the hunt!

Can't wait to go get them. From what I've read though, it doesn't seem like we can get his kick arse team from the end though. bummer.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This intrigues me...
It also reminds me of the hunt!

Can't wait to go get them. From what I've read though, it doesn't seem like we can get his kick arse team from the end though. bummer.
This is correct. In fact, from Zoroark appearing in the bit leading to N's Castle post-E4, I would suggest that the Zoroark showing up is the same one found in N's possession in the final battle of the B/W storyline.

Cyclone

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I think that it is a nice feature, but the Pokemon aren't anything special. They're just Pokemon like joltik, darmanitan, and purrloin; pokemon that you can catch. There's nothing unique about them; I wish GameFreak would have mae their nature or moves unique or something. Or I wish they would have added more rare pokemon, because these pokemon are easy to find, except maybe zorua.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think that it is a nice feature, but the Pokemon aren't anything special. They're just Pokemon like joltik, darmanitan, and purrloin; pokemon that you can catch. There's nothing unique about them; I wish GameFreak would have mae their nature or moves unique or something. Or I wish they would have added more rare pokemon, because these pokemon are easy to find, except maybe zorua.

They all have 30 IVs straight down. That's pretty special as unless you RNG abuse or hack, its hard to find something with near perfect values all the way through. Only Cynthia I think has ever had confirmed IV values for her Pokemon and all of her's were perfect. 31 all the way down.

BeausaHD

The Beau In HD
Years
Yeah I think its a good idea, but the only one I caught was Sigilyph, and I hate it :L

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
It was a cool feature, but at first I thought it was a shiny pokemon, so it was a let down when I found out what it really is. Nonetheless, the feature is actually really interesting, and its kind of cool to know what happened to N's pokemon after he used them. That was something I was wondering when I was playing White.

Evey

Female Red
Years
All I got was N's Zorua but it really is a nice feature for all those N Fans. The little sparkle gem is nice when you send out your Pokemon out and they seem pretty strong to me ^^

Years
I thought it was a cool little feature bringing back some of the Pokemon he used, even if I never used them myself. Aside from the Zorua, I also found his Boldore and Ferroseed in Chargestone Cave.

It's also cool to see that the Pokemon have 30 IVs in every stat, especially how difficult it would be to get that through regular play.

Back