• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
what are THESE shenanigans? you have the player walking in a virtually straight line. think about the fact that with that map you have, there are only two choices of direction the player can make: forward or back. it IS possible to make towns connect to more than two other towns you know...move the towns around a bit so the player cant go EVERYWHERE at once, but they still arent travelling in a straight line for the entire trip. thats just...boring ._. and might i ask, how did you make your map? ive been wondering how to do so for my own game [already have a poorly drawn rough draft in photoshop, ready to be made a bit more official haha.

and Kyza, wouldnt it be better to make a small downloadable game before making an MMO? with a small game, youve got the people of the community to give feedback and such, and its much easier to set up than an MMO. no chat system, no trade neccesary. plus, i dont know why you said making an MMO is free when making this game is free too. this game is downloadable for the computer, not a console..

Kyza

MMORPG Game Developer
Years
Well Ill tell you some thing... I helped Kyro create PWO it was suposted to be a little game but It turned out being one of the most popularest game.... And t costs more to get it a download able item.. scince it is heaps of files and you need to pay to get it on the internet...

But with a MMO I know heaps and I can script, html, php.... ect

So Id go with a MMO...

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Well Ill tell you some thing... I helped Kyro create PWO it was suposted to be a little game but It turned out being one of the most popularest game.... And t costs more to get it a download able item.. scince it is heaps of files and you need to pay to get it on the internet...

So Id go with a MMO...

And I'd try not to push someone into doing something else when they want to make a game in the programe of their choice. -_-
Also, Pichuichu if you need any help in RMXP I'll give you a hand in general.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014

So Id go with a MMO...

what are you talking about? these fanmade games are only ONE file that cost nothing to put on the internet, so im confused as to what youre thinking about...

and yeah, like carmaniac said, id try not to push someone away from their own original intentions. it can make you seem a bit rude and pushy...

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
helpign

Hi Carmaniac Thanks FOr Helping What Could You Do? Also Yes I Don't Really Want To Make A Mmo But Thanks Anyway.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
wait...why did we need to see a map of hoenn? thats kinda...redundant, dont you think? o.o lol

and could you add descriptions to the in-game screenshots so that we know what we're looking at?

finally, ive asked this a few times already, but howd you make that world map? i need to make one for my game too

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I hope you are planning to use some different tiles. Honestly, I hate kyle's old style of tiling. They're too bland. Use more vibrant colors and trees. Only one kind of tree and house = Not a very popular game.

Actually, judging by the houses in the 2nd and 3rd screens both being by the same body of water, I think these may be just the same house, which is why I asked him to add descriptions. Because if they are the same house, it begs the question: why did you just show us two screenshots that are only like 10 tiles/character steps away from each other? o_O

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Tiles

Wow Thanks For Showing Me The Tles THere Great! Okay I've Been Working On Events And Scripting And, Spriting! I'm Editing The First Post As We Speak.

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
Fakemon

Do you want me to design fakemon?

Here's a sample
(Sorry its a sketch. I don't have photoshop!):

106fqdy.jpg

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Oh Sorry Dude Im Right On That Stuff And Haven't Been Around For A While Could Anyone Ask This But When I Type N The URL It Doesn't Work So I Type In The Sites I.p And It Load I Try Again With The URL And It Works Why Is THis?

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Okay Update Time!

Here Finally It Took A While And I Finally Mapped The Region Of Fingoe!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back