• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Community Version

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Can't wait to see my screenshot ;)
Also, it all looks good!
In your gallery though, the first 2 shots and the last 2 are identical.
I noticed that. My upload to imgur must've screwed up, because I had to restart the upload multiple times. So, I think it messed up because of that. I'll try and remove the duplicates.

Thank you for your feedback! I love all the positive comments, and it inspires and motivates me.

~Musketeer

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
This is, interesting. I have to join this. :lol:

*Required Section*
Preferred In-Game Name:
Daniel
Trainer Type: PKMN Trainer
Pokémon #1: Weavile
Pokémon #2: Staraptor
Pokémon #3: Rhyperior
Pokémon #4: Salamence
Pokemon #5: Espeon
Pokémon #6: Blastoise
*Optional Section*
Overworld Speech:
We meet at last. We must battle, for it is our destiny..
Battle End Victory Speech: I am victorious once again. Good game, i must say.
Battle End Loss Speech: I... lost? This is impossible. Then again, maybe it is not. Good game, though.
Custom Graphic:
Spoiler:

Credits to Zyon17 from deviantart for the Blue OW sheet.

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
This is, interesting. I have to join this. :lol:

*Required Section*
Preferred In-Game Name:
Daniel
*Optional Section*
Overworld Speech:
We meet at last. We must battle, for it is our destiny..
Battle End Victory Speech: I am victorious once again. Good game, i must say.
Battle End Loss Speech: I... lost? This is impossible. Then again, maybe it is not. Good game, though.
Custom Graphic:
Spoiler:

Credits to Zyon17 from deviantart for the Blue OW sheet.

Entry accepted. Your post count is over 100, which is good enough for me. Thanks for participating!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Wow, thank you guys! I love the support I'm getting for this! With so many entries, I have decided that I shall start on this game now. Be looking forward to screenshots, and a release later on! Oh, but could people please choose Pokémon before 5th generation? I'm sorry I didn't mention it before, but if you could choose different Pokémon to replace 5th generation ones, that'd be great! :)
Oh okay, will do. Check my post, should be edited.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Look forward to some new screenshots with everyone in battle. They should be out in a few days or so. It'll be cool!

EDIT: It still says your 5th Pokémon is Jellicent. Could you fix that?

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
Awesome. :) Can't wait to see myself as a generic trainer. :LOL:
Also, will the tiles be in Third, Fourth or Fifth Gen style?

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Just a few questions:

Pokémon Essentials allows you to choose specific details about a trainer's Pokémon (moves, hold item, ability, gender etc), as written on this page. Since it takes you just a minute or two to add this, and you're not exactly flooded with entries, why not allow people to choose them if they so wish?

I assume you're using the newest version of Essentials with all the 4th gen mechanics (physical/special split, 4th gen moves/items/abilities etc). Can you confirm? It's good to know if you decide to let people go into more detail about their team as above!

How are you going to decide which Pokémon to rent out, and what moves/items they have? I suggest you let people choose from any non-legendary (or Battle Frontier-legal, see below) Pokémon, and give the player one of each hold item and one of each TM (make the TMs infinite use; I can help with the small script change if you need it). Also, make the move relearner free (and possibly have someone who teaches egg moves; again, I can help with scripting that). That way, players can customise their team as much as they want. If you do go this way, it shouldn't take me too long to make script for a nice Pokémon selection screen.

Finally, I'd like to ask you to relax your ruling on legendaries a little. I appreciate that you want to ban them because they're usually powerful (you don't want anyone using the likes of Arceus), but you have to realise not all legendaries are that good! Pokémon like Garchomp and Metagross are as good or better than some legendaries - just have a look at their stats on Serebii or Bulbapedia. I recommend you allow all the Pokémon allowed in the Battle Frontier in the actual games, at the very least. The Battle Frontier bans the following Pokémon (and item):
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Celebi
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Manaphy
  • Phione
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • The Soul Dew item
Some of these aren't actually all that powerful (e.g. Jirachi), but for consistency with the real games (and to avoid arguments), I'd just use that list.

I don't know whether I can qualify to be in the game (I've been here a year, but I haven't posted much), but I'm sure other people would be happy if you answered these.

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Awesome. :) Can't wait to see myself as a generic trainer. :LOL:
Also, will the tiles be in Third, Fourth or Fifth Gen style?
The tiles are currently in 3rd generation style, as default by the newly packaged Essentials. However, like I stated previously, if enough people have a problem with the current graphics, they can ask for newer ones. Although, I'd have to redo all of my current map work. Check the screenshots section in the original post for more info.

P.S.
You don't have to be a generic Trainer. You could choose to a PkMn Trainer with a custom graphic, thus removing the generic-ism from it.
Just a few questions:

Pokémon Essentials allows you to choose specific details about a trainer's Pokémon (moves, hold item, ability, gender etc), as written on this page. Since it takes you just a minute or two to add this, and you're not exactly flooded with entries, why not allow people to choose them if they so wish?

I assume you're using the newest version of Essentials with all the 4th gen mechanics (physical/special split, 4th gen moves/items/abilities etc). Can you confirm? It's good to know if you decide to let people go into more detail about their team as above!

Finally, I'd like to ask you to relax your ruling on legendaries a little. I appreciate that you want to ban them because they're usually powerful (you don't want anyone using the likes of Arceus), but you have to realise not all legendaries are that good! Pokémon like Garchomp and Metagross are as good or better than some legendaries - just have a look at their stats on Serebii or Bulbapedia. I recommend you allow all the Pokémon allowed in the Battle Frontier in the actual games, at the very least. The Battle Frontier bans the following Pokémon (and item):
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Lugia
  • Ho-oh
  • Celebi
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Deoxys
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Manaphy
  • Phione
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
  • The Soul Dew item
Some of these aren't actually all that powerful (e.g. Jirachi), but for consistency with the real games (and to avoid arguments), I'd just use that list.

I don't know whether I can qualify to be in the game (I've been here a year, but I haven't posted much), but I'm sure other people would be happy if you answered these.
First off, I am not having people define those entries because some people may not even know how they work. Even so, do you really thing they need to detail which ID they are in the game's battle database, let alone internal names such as "GENERIC_TRAINER_001"? Second, all of the other entries do not correspond correctly with my game's storyline. I am not having them decide what music to play, as it would be more hassle. I'd have to list all the included music, let them listen to it, then allow them to choose something that may not fit the moment. All other entries are defined by me.

With your second query, I am not detailing Pokémon stats as that would take far too long if taken into consideration that I'd set every person's team of six Pokémon ability, move, IVs, EVs, and so and so forth. Plus, I think you should read a little better. These people's Trainers are worked into a Tower Challenge of sorts. Thus, it'd just be much better to allow the Essentials system to define those other statistics.

I will not change my ruling on legendary Pokémon for many reasons. First off, legendary Pokémon, are of course, very powerful. They often have exclusive moves or abilities. Their stats are higher than average. Yes, there are Pokémon more powerful than some legendary ones, but my decision is final. Think about it. If you read the first post, I have a storyline to follow as well as have a Tower Challenge. Nowhere in my story did I say "Giratina rises forth... yada yada yada". If I did, I would have to give an explanation as to WTF a Giratina is doing in an unknown region, far away from it's home. Same goes for the Trainers. I'd have to explain why and how (just an example) Ash493 got a Regigigas. Multiply that by how many people I'm including, and you have to tell a huge backstory.

Next time, read my original post (entirely), and you'll get an understanding as to why I do what I do.

No one besides you has complained about the current rules. I think it's perfectly fine so far.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016

Sorry if I came across rudely.

For my first question, I didn't mean that people should use the format used by Essentials - I meant that instead of this (stealing a random post here):
Preferred In-Game Name: Daniel
People could write this:
Preferred In-Game Name: Daniel
Pokémon #1: Weavile @ Razor Claw - Ice Punch/Shadow Claw/Brick Break/Swords Dance
Pokémon #2: Staraptor @ Muscle Band - Brave Bird/Double-Edge/Close Combat/Quick Attack
Pokémon #3: Rhyperior (Solid Rock) @ Hard Stone - Rock Wrecker/Earthquake/Megahorn/Stone Edge
Pokémon #4: Salamence @ Life Orb - Draco Meteor/Outrage/Fire Blast/Aerial Ace
Pokemon #5: Espeon @ TwistedSpoon - Psychic/Shadow Ball/Quick Attack/Calm Mind
Pokémon #6: Blastoise @ Leftovers - Surf/Ice Beam/Skull Bash/Waterfall
Otherwise (assuming level 100), Daniel's Pokémon would have the following movesets:
Weavile - Night Slash/Fling/Metal Claw/Dark Pulse (Fling is useless here)
Staraptor - Take Down/Close Combat/Agility/Brave Bird
Rhyperior - OK, fair enough, this would actually have the same set I wrote above :P
Salamence - Fly/Crunch/Dragon Claw/Double-Edge
Espeon - Last Resort/Psych Up/Psychic/Morning Sun
Blastoise - Aqua Tail/Skull Bash/Rain Dance/Hydro Pump
It's even worse for some people: Hikari10's Roserade will know Poison Sting/Mega Drain/Magical Leaf/Sweet Scent. Not exactly top trainer-worthy moves.
Obviously specifying movesets would be optional - most Pokémon get on reasonably well with their defaults. Are you accepting MidnightShine's request to give two of his Pokémon Dragon Pulse? If so, why not allow that kind of thing for everyone?
It really doesn't take long to define all this in Essentials. Maybe a minute max per Pokémon.

Thanks for explaining why you're banning all legendaries. Although I disagree (after all, the games/anime never explain where Palmer got his Cresselia, or Tobias his Darkrai), I can see why you're doing it. Thanks.

Good luck with the game :)

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Sorry if I came across rudely.
I'll be completely honest with you. You did come off a tad bit rude.
Thanks for explaining why you're banning all legendaries. Although I disagree (after all, the games/anime never explain where Palmer got his Cresselia, or Tobias his Darkrai), I can see why you're doing it. Thanks.
Well, I hate all of the anime after the 3rd generation. Hopefully, that'll shed a little more light upon the subject as to why I do what I do.
Good luck with the game :)
Thank you. I understand what you are saying now. I will allow people to choose their Pokémon's moves.

I will now allow people to define what moves their Pokémon may have. This is optional, but I highly recommend it. I can make the Pokémon faster this method, thus allowing a demo to be released even earlier.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Joining also..

Just a question: Can the pokemon also have a gender? If it does or doesn't, I'll just put it in the form anyways.

*Required Section*
Preferred In-Game Name: Gunner
Trainer Type: Pkmn Trainer
Pokémon #1: Bellossom (Female)
Moves: Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Petal Dance
Pokémon #2: Vileplume (Male)
Moves: Solarbeam, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Moonlight
Pokémon #3: Gyarados (Male)
Moves: Hyper Beam, Rain Dance, Water Gun, Flamethrower
Pokémon #4: Milotic (Female)
Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Dive, Waterfall
Pokemon #5: Arcanine (Male)
Moves: Bite, Crunch, Overheat, Flamethrower
Pokémon #6: Ninetales (Female)
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Sunny Day
*Optional Section*
Overworld Speech: "So you're my next opponent? Cool! Now let's dance!"
Battle End Victory Speech: "Yes! Thank you again for the battle! Don't worry, who knows? Maybe you'll be the next winner."
Battle End Loss Speech: "Ugh. Well, thanks again for the great battle! I learned very much from that battle! Next time, I will win!"
Custom Graphic:
Spr_B2W2_Cilan.png

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Joining also..

Just a question: Can the pokemon also have a gender? If it does or doesn't, I'll just put it in the form anyways.

*Required Section*
Preferred In-Game Name: Gunner
Trainer Type: Pkmn Trainer
Pokémon #1: Bellossom (Female)
Moves: Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Razor Leaf, Petal Dance
Pokémon #2: Vileplume (Male)
Moves: Solarbeam, Poisonpowder, Razor Leaf, Moonlight
Pokémon #3: Gyarados (Male)
Moves: Hyper Beam, Rain Dance, Water Gun, Flamethrower
Pokémon #4: Milotic (Female)
Moves: Ice Beam, Surf, Dive, Waterfall
Pokemon #5: Arcanine (Male)
Moves: Bite, Crunch, Overheat, Flamethrower
Pokémon #6: Ninetales (Female)
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Sunny Day
*Optional Section*
Overworld Speech: "So you're my next opponent? Cool! Now let's dance!"
Battle End Victory Speech: "Yes! Thank you again for the battle! Don't worry, who knows? Maybe you'll be the next winner."
Battle End Loss Speech: "Ugh. Well, thanks again for the great battle! I learned very much from that battle! Next time, I will win!"
Custom Graphic:
Spr_B2W2_Kyouhei.png
Actually, your question as to whether or not they may have a user-specified gender... ABSOLUTELY!

I am surprised I haven't added that yet! Thanks for such an idea!

P.S.
Your entry has been accepted.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Sorry, just changed the custom graphic... I don't want people having same custom graphics... I'm more of a unique guy... So I just changed my graphic.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
We can choose genders and moves? Great! :D
I'm gonna update my post now...
Heh, please do! It'd be so helpful to me! I can get everything done with more information.

Good news everyone! Expect a cool demo with the first five people who submitted an entry to b released soon! Also, new screenshots will be added too!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
So I like this idea, it's a pretty nice community thing you have going. So I'm going to support it by throwing you an extra character. Now I've gone pretty deep into EV's, moves, natures and items, but you don't need to add anything extra I put it. I just wanted to be sure you had everything you needed. It's a pretty strong lineup though, but you do what you see fit! Best of luck with the game, the application is below.

Spoiler:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I had a question about the moves. Do they have to be within certain limits? For example, can we say Gen V moves or are we limited to something else?
EDIT: Oh yeah, I finished my sprite but since Dropbox is down atm I can't post it yet. Will PM you once its back up.

Last edited:
Back